CGM "hot seat"

LKEEL75

What is your take on CGM job security?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins does CGM need to keep his job?

• Are you crazy? CGM is completely secure and has no worries!
    • CGM has to bring the NC back to the family
    • The Tigers have to win 9 or more games
    • We will be breaking in a new coordinators so 7 or more games
    • Who cares about win totals, just beat UGA & the Turds

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DAG this is not the SEC excuse but it is a fact that the D we faced week in and week out are light years above Baylor. And if I'm not mistaken Baylor did lose to those teams that did have reasonable D.

Baylor lost to those teams without their starting QB. You realize Baylor lost to TCU (in OT) and Texas with RECEIVERS playing QB. They lost two both by a TD each. Light years above? Really? Besides Alabama, there is no truly elite defense in the SEC. Ole miss defense is very overrated (Memphis, Arkansas, Alabama and Florida lit them up). UGA defense has not faced any type of high octane offense and when they do, they give up a ton of points. Oklahoma was just better than them and they were still playing with a true freshman QB during that game. The TCU and Texas game had nothing to do with defenses. Baylor literally had no QB.

So, how can Baylor still be competitive without Their starting Qb and receivers running the offense? How would we have looked with Ricardo Louis or Jason Smith running the offense?

Personally, I believe the Defensive stats are skewed in the SEC because top to bottom, the SEC has horrendous qb play. Last year bowl games exploited this MYTH.

I accept the last comment about SEC QBs....that's a pretty well accepted fact.

Otherwise, I'm of the view that Baylor was just lucky to have some other QB talent on the team whereas not many schools can say the same.....like Florida which did not even have one serviceable back-up and UGa and FSU who had to find a grad student elsewhere to fill their QB slots. Trust you note that when Baylor got down to 2nd or 3rd QB, the WR stopped scoring TDs and making catches.

Have fun ragging on Auburn and Gus....but most of the comments are just "bitchin" and don't reflect on the quality of the current staff or the previous one IMO. All injuries are not equal....and as Mikey noted, AU's 3 best players were non-factors most of the season.

Baylor had Wide Receivers play QB!! What do you not get by that. JJ was never hurt this year. He is a QB!!! You realize Baylor with WRs at QB was scoring more points than our QB who has been in the system for three years?! Chris Johnson put up 45 points against Oklahoma State. He was a receiver at the beginning of the year. When he got hurt, another receiver came in and they put up 17 points against texas. Are you saying that their WRs are better at being QB's than our own QBs? Could Jason Smith or Ricardo Louis ever put up 45 points on a ranked opponent? And you don't see a problem with this? You are acting like Baylor had tOSU QB talent. Kudos for FSU and UGA for going out of their way to find a suitable replacement. As you can see, Gus and Co is doing that by going back into the Juco ranks. Last time I checked, When Will got suspended UF was still able to find ways to win games. So, clearly they had someone who was somewhat serviceable.

Before Duke Williams got kicked out, he wasn't putting up any eye-popping numbers. Secondly, we KNEW Duke Williams was problematic. He got chance after freaking chance. It is what it is. Only one player got injured and that was CL.

Jeez at least be honest lol. Johnson didn't put up 45 points against Ok State. You are also not talking about just a "receiver" the guy was a QB all through HS and was the #5 Dual Threat QB by ESPN coming out of HS. He enrolled in the Spring of 2013 and was the backup for 2014. So the guy was a QB in their system for 2 and half years leading up to this season.

Lol and did you even watch the Texas/Baylor game? Baylor couldn't throw a pass beyond the line of scrimmage.

Baylor comparison isn't legit because of the teams they play???? What? Fact is they went for deep with young qb's and they were still able to operate their offense

I think the point is: Baylor's QB wasn't playing uga nor the turds.

SEC QB's were still struggling with Georgia Southern, Florida Atlantic, Toledo, The Citadel, Jacksonville State etc also. Two of the better QB's in the league also went 0-2 against those teams that Baylor plays.

DAG this is not the SEC excuse but it is a fact that the D we faced week in and week out are light years above Baylor. And if I'm not mistaken Baylor did lose to those teams that did have reasonable D.

Baylor lost to those teams without their starting QB. You realize Baylor lost to TCU (in OT) and Texas with RECEIVERS playing QB. They lost two both by a TD each. Light years above? Really? Besides Alabama, there is no truly elite defense in the SEC. Ole miss defense is very overrated (Memphis, Arkansas, Alabama and Florida lit them up). UGA defense has not faced any type of high octane offense and when they do, they give up a ton of points. Oklahoma was just better than them and they were still playing with a true freshman QB during that game. The TCU and Texas game had nothing to do with defenses. Baylor literally had no QB.

So, how can Baylor still be competitive without Their starting Qb and receivers running the offense? How would we have looked with Ricardo Louis or Jason Smith running the offense?

Personally, I believe the Defensive stats are skewed in the SEC because top to bottom, the SEC has horrendous qb play. Last year bowl games exploited this MYTH.

Otherwise, I'm of the view that Baylor was just lucky to have some other QB talent on the team whereas not many schools can say the same.....like Florida which did not even have one serviceable back-up and UGa and FSU who had to find a grad student elsewhere to fill their QB slots. Trust you note that when Baylor got down to 2nd or 3rd QB, the WR stopped scoring TDs and making catches.

Have fun ragging on Auburn and Gus....but most of the comments are just "bitchin" and don't reflect on the quality of the current staff or the previous one IMO. All injuries are not equal....and as Mikey noted, AU's 3 best players were non-factors most of the season.

Baylor had Wide Receivers play QB!! What do you not get by that. JJ was never hurt this year. He is a QB!!! You realize Baylor with WRs at QB was scoring more points than our QB who has been in the system for three years?! Chris Johnson put up 45 points against Oklahoma State. He was a receiver at the beginning of the year. When he got hurt, another receiver came in and they put up 17 points against texas. Are you saying that their WRs are better at being QB's than our own QBs? Could Jason Smith or Ricardo Louis ever put up 45 points on a ranked opponent? And you don't see a problem with this? You are acting like Baylor had tOSU QB talent. Kudos for FSU and UGA for going out of their way to find a suitable replacement. As you can see, Gus and Co is doing that by going back into the Juco ranks. Last time I checked, When Will got suspended UF was still able to find ways to win games. So, clearly they had someone who was somewhat serviceable.

Before Duke Williams got kicked out, he wasn't putting up any eye-popping numbers. Secondly, we KNEW Duke Williams was problematic. He got chance after freaking chance. It is what it is. Only one player got injured and that was CL.

Jeez at least be honest lol. Johnson didn't put up 45 points against Ok State. You are also not talking about just a "receiver" the guy was a QB all through HS and was the #5 Dual Threat QB by ESPN coming out of HS. He enrolled in the Spring of 2013 and was the backup for 2014. So the guy was a QB in their system for 2 and half years leading up to this season.

Lol and did you even watch the Texas/Baylor game? Baylor couldn't throw a pass beyond the line of scrimmage.

He enrolled as QB and moved to Wide receiver ALAS Kodi Burns. You know why? Because he couldn't make it as qb at Baylor. A true freshman came and took his spot. Out of desperation, they put him at qb because their starter and true freshman qb got hurt. Yes, Johnson did play against Oklahoma State and did help them get 45 points. Did you watch the game? He threw two TDs and ran in for one.

Again, against Texas, they had a WR PLAYING QB. NEWS FLASH, it was not even Johnson. You know how many kids come out of high school playing QB and change positions? Don't sit here and act like he was prototypical QB for Baylor. They moved him to a receiver for a whole year because he couldn't beat out a true freshman as a backup. He didn't play one meaningful snap at QB previously. They placed him in there after 1 week of preparation and they beat a ranked Oklahoma State team. He gets hurt and they put in another WR and still almost win. Name me another player who can just come in and do that? Could Ricardo Louis do that? Could Jason Smith come in and beat an Ole miss after playing receiver for a year. I never saw Kodi Burns do that. Again, Baylor has a system and sticks with it. Jeez, I am done arguing with some of you. You should know by now that being a backup QB (especially one who never came close to sniffing a starting position) does not come close to meaning you can be efficient as a starter, especially when the alternative is to move to WR. AU 2015 proved that.

The whole point was Baylor has a consistent system and they had back up plans for the improbable. I want to see AU transition to that.

He enrolled as QB and moved to Wide receiver ALAS Kodi Burns. You know why? Because he couldn't make it as qb at Baylor. Out of desperation, they put him at qb because their starter and true freshman qb got hurt. Yes, Johnson did play against Oklahoma State and did help them get 45 points. Did you watch the game.

Again, against Texas, they had a WR PLAYING QB. NEWS FLASH, it was not even Johnson. You know how many kids come out of high school playing QB and change positions? Don't sit here and act like he was prototypical QB for Baylor. They moved him to a receiver for a whole year because he couldn't hack it. They placed him in there after 1 week of preparation and they beat a ranked Oklahoma State team. He gets hurt and they put in another WR and still almost win. Name me another player who can just come in and do that? Could Ricardo Louis do that? Could Jason Smith come in and beat an Ole miss after playing receiver for a year. I never saw Kodi Burns do that. Again, Baylor has a system and sticks with it. Jeez, I am done arguing with some of you. You should know by now that being a backup QB does not come close to meaning you can be efficient as a starter, especially when the alternative is to move to WR. AU 2015 proved that.

Yes I did watch the Ok State game, why I know he didn't put up 45 points. I watch all their games as my sister, along with several friends, went there and I like drinking at Eskimo Joes's... that jumpin little juke joint.. You said Johnson put up 45 points, he did not. He did help yes, but that is not what you said the first time. He came in and had a double digit lead to work with.

Actually Johnson was recruited to Baylor to be a QB, he was exactly what they were going for, he even enrolled early so he would be available for Spring practices. Just like Stidham was a dual threat QB and exactly what they were going for. Same mold as Russell. He got beat out by Stidham cause the kid is damn good for second string but was still the third string and had the athleticism to move to receiver. He actually was a prototypical QB for Baylor. All 3 of those guys are starting in the SEC.

Least get your information right. Johnson didn't put up 45 points on his own against Ok. State and he was the prototypical QB that Baylor looks for.

He enrolled as QB and moved to Wide receiver ALAS Kodi Burns. You know why? Because he couldn't make it as qb at Baylor. Out of desperation, they put him at qb because their starter and true freshman qb got hurt. Yes, Johnson did play against Oklahoma State and did help them get 45 points. Did you watch the game.

Again, against Texas, they had a WR PLAYING QB. NEWS FLASH, it was not even Johnson. You know how many kids come out of high school playing QB and change positions? Don't sit here and act like he was prototypical QB for Baylor. They moved him to a receiver for a whole year because he couldn't hack it. They placed him in there after 1 week of preparation and they beat a ranked Oklahoma State team. He gets hurt and they put in another WR and still almost win. Name me another player who can just come in and do that? Could Ricardo Louis do that? Could Jason Smith come in and beat an Ole miss after playing receiver for a year. I never saw Kodi Burns do that. Again, Baylor has a system and sticks with it. Jeez, I am done arguing with some of you. You should know by now that being a backup QB does not come close to meaning you can be efficient as a starter, especially when the alternative is to move to WR. AU 2015 proved that.

Yes I did watch the Ok State game, why I know he didn't put up 45 points. I watch all their games as my sister, along with several friends, went there and I like drinking at Eskimo Joes's... that jumpin little juke joint.. You said Johnson put up 45 points, he did not. He did help yes, but that is not what you said the first time. He came in and had a double digit lead to work with.

Actually Johnson was recruited to Baylor to be a QB, he was exactly what they were going for, he even enrolled early so he would be available for Spring practices. Just like Stidham was a dual threat QB and exactly what they were going for. Same mold as Russell. He got beat out by Stidham cause the kid is damn good for second string but was still the third string and had the athleticism to move to receiver. He actually was a prototypical QB for Baylor. All 3 of those guys are starting in the SEC.

Least get your information right. Johnson didn't put up 45 points on his own against Ok. State and he was the prototypical QB that Baylor looks for.

Maybe I should've clarified for the slow people on here. Without Chris Johnson, they do not get to 45 points (21 points in the second half). I never meant that as he did it by himself. That does not excuse the fact that he failed at QB at Baylor, never played a meaningful snap until they got desperate and lost his job to a true freshman QB. If he was as good as you claim, he would've been starting. Baylor lost plan A, Plan B and had to revert to a WR to help them win. Kudos to them (WHICH WAS MY MAIN POINT IN THIS WHOLE THREAD). They also had to play another WR against Texas ( I can see you didn't bring this point back up). I don't care if he was recruited to play QB, so was Kodi burns. Guess what? He was remembered as a WR because ultimately he couldn't make it as a QB. And no, I don't think he is the prototypical Baylor QB. He is an athlete who can throw, as proven by Baylor moving him to a receiver. Stidham is a pass first QB, who can run need be. BIG DIFFERENCE and what majority of Baylor's QBs look like (yes that includes RG3).

You are looking for an argument if your biggest gripe is Chris Johnson didn't score all 45 points just 21 of them. You can have that. But smart guy before you go, answer this. Who on AU roster could've done that? Baylor has a system where you can input almost anyone and still be competitive (Their system makes their QBs). I am not going to even get into a pissing war about who can start where, although I can see where your mind is if you think Chris Johnson can start in the SEC. The SEC wasn't even looking at him out of highschool. Also saw you quoted ESPN to fit your agenda. Rookie mistake. ESPN is the worst when it comes to recruiting services as rivals had CJ as a 3 star and the #24 DT-QB. Weird that the #5 DT QB in the nation would have only two offers: Baylor and Utah. Looks like rivals was right. Seth Russell? Really? The next best offer for him was Kansas. SMH.Texas Homerism at its finest.

Gus is out of his league.

He would struggle in the lowly Sec east.

2016 will be his fair well tour.

I appreciate what he has done but his ship has sailed. Cams only come around like Elvis and Mozart.

The offensive side of the ball needed some changes. And yet, Gus looks will continue allowing Rhett to be the OC/QB coach. We will most likely any big difference between the 2015 and 2016 seasons.

Maybe I should've clarified for the slow people on here

Stopped there. If you are unable to have a conversation without being a prick I'm not going to bother.

I kinda skipped thru this reading bits and pieces. Some on here saying 7 to 8 wins and Gus is ok and should get another chance has me scratching my head. AU should strive to win 10+ every year and anything else is not acceptable. Reason AU has not had back to back 10 win season in what 20 years. And losing 11 out of the last 13 SEC games in its self should have Gus on the hottest of hot seats. That is just damn embarrassing.

I kinda skipped thru this reading bits and pieces. Some on here saying 7 to 8 wins and Gus is ok and should get another chance has me scratching my head. AU should strive to win 10+ every year and anything else is not acceptable. Reason AU has not had back to back 10 win season in what 20 years. And losing 11 out of the last 13 SEC games in its self should have Gus on the hottest of hot seats. That is just damn embarrassing.

Ehhh...everyone strives for 10+ win seasons. I'd love for us to win 10+ next year, but for me it's about noticeable improvements. Seven or eight next season puts him on my hotseat. Fire one of the best offensive coaches that we've had in a long time for an average season and That will just really set us back big time IMO

Archived