seccountry.com reporting

aubiefifty

our new dc is a former sec west rival coach.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Houston Nutt?

Thought Nutt was an offensive (coached offense only) guy.

no names. they just said we could have done better but we also could have done a whole lot worse. if i throw a name out there with no link to back it up i will just get in trouble with the mods. guys i know its monday but we are above ground and the day is nice. i cannot tell you what i do not know or what was not mentioned in the article. just not gonna make stuff up but i bet their state is really close to ours..........

ok i found the WHOLE article. here it is.............

Auburn coach Gus Malzahn’s search for a new defensive coordinator could lead him to a former Ole Miss assistant.

Tom Allen, who is in his first season as the defensive coordinator at South Florida, is reportedly a candidate to replace Will Muschamp at Auburn, according to Phillip Marshall of 247sports. Allen, 45, spent the three previous seasons as linebackers coach and special teams coordinator at Ole Miss.

Allen helped South Florida engineer one of the best turnarounds in college football this season after a slow start to 2015. The Bulls were 71st in total defense in 2014, but improved to 37th with Allen.

Auburn needs to replace Muschamp, who became the head coach at South Carolina. Muschamp was the highest-paid assistant coach in the country in 2015, according to a USA Today database. He made $1.6 million, while is nearly what all of South Florida’s assistants made combined ($1.74 million). Allen made $350,000 in 2015.

Au undercover just posted a link on fb that said Au set to hire new DC and had a pic of Tom Allen. So yea at least his name is getting out there.

Just looked at the bio pic of Allen at USF's website. He look's like he could be Gus's cousin.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209813153

From what I've read Tom is a players coach and the SF defenders said they love playing for him and he is the type of coach that even when they are tired they fight for him and give it their all on every play. South Florida's defense improved dramatically and was a top 40 defense in the country. They also said he brings energy and excitement to the practice field every day.

Found it

Allen, 45, was named South Florida defensive coordinator last December. He spent the previous three seasons as inside linebackers coach and special teams coordinator at Ole Miss.

Known for his energy at practice and on the sideline, Allen has led a steadily improving defense. The Bulls are 23rd nationally in scoring defense, giving up 21.1 points per game. They are 37th in total defense, giving up 361.2 yards per game.

“The big thing for me is coaching from the heart to the heart,’’ Allen told The Tampa Tribune. He said his energetic ways go back to his days as a high school coach.

“If you want your kids to play that way, you better coach that way, period,’’ Allen said. “Sure, there are days when you’re tired, but you’ve got to push through it. It is contagious. To me, it’s the only way to play great defense.’’

And that approach has been a hit with his players.

“I love that man,’’ sophomore cornerback Deatrick Nichols told The Tribune. “He loves us. Everything he says, we believe in. If we don’t believe, we find a way to believe.’’

Free safety Devin Abraham offered his endorsement.

“No matter how tired you are, no matter what down it is, he’s going to bring the energy out of you so you can put that on the field,’’ Abraham said.

ok i found the WHOLE article. here it is.............

Auburn coach Gus Malzahn’s search for a new defensive coordinator could lead him to a former Ole Miss assistant.

Tom Allen, who is in his first season as the defensive coordinator at South Florida, is reportedly a candidate to replace Will Muschamp at Auburn, according to Phillip Marshall of 247sports. Allen, 45, spent the three previous seasons as linebackers coach and special teams coordinator at Ole Miss.

Allen helped South Florida engineer one of the best turnarounds in college football this season after a slow start to 2015. The Bulls were 71st in total defense in 2014, but improved to 37th with Allen.

Auburn needs to replace Muschamp, who became the head coach at South Carolina. Muschamp was the highest-paid assistant coach in the country in 2015, according to a USA Today database. He made $1.6 million, while is nearly what all of South Florida’s assistants made combined ($1.74 million). Allen made $350,000 in 2015.

Well,

Tim Tom Allen certainly has all the needed tools

ETA: Never mind,

my mistake

Runs a 4-2-5. Please, for the love of all that is holy, no.

Yeah, but no one has ever made that work. Wonder why it's not against the rules? ;)

I didn't share much of the consternation that a lot of folks had over it initially ("The Star position is killing recruiting!"), but I'm really hoping our kids don't have to deal with another big shift in philosophy. It's like our whole defense is reliving Jason Campbell's career.

Archived