Jordan-Hare Stadium Renovation

logan adams

As many of you have already been notified by the university, a survey for potential renovations to the stadium will be sent out this week. This is something I've been seeking out for several years, so it is good to see something come to fruition. The survey will be originally distributed to 5 groups of season ticket holders, which the feedback would be analyzed then. Afterwards, the next step will be considered. Renovations will begin on the stadium after the 2016 football season, so we at least have that to look forward to.

The most exciting thing about this to me is that this will draw more attention from recruits. The nicer the facilities, the more attention you get. Renderings will be attached to the survey that will be sent out later on this week. Looking forward to seeing what Auburn has planned for Jordan-Hare Stadium!

CWY_u_-UsAA066o.jpg

CWY_vAFUYAA09NC.jpg

CWY_vAEVAAA0OqK.jpg

CWY_vAEU8AAGkI2.jpg

Auburn is seeking feedback to its plans for a major renovation of the North end zone of Jordan-Hare Stadium, which would include an expanded concourse and walkways, club seating, additional concessions, new locker rooms, video board, recruiting lounge and other amenities.

If approved, the renovation would start following the 2016 season and be open for the start of the 2018 football season, a source with knowledge of the plans told AL.com.

The renderings released by Auburn, which are reworked plans after Jacobs was not pleased with initial design concepts for the potential project, show a mostly brick exterior to a multi-leveled concourse wrapping around the North end zone and connecting the East and West sides of the stadium.

The interior views show a multi-leveled seating plan including suites and club seating similar to those of Mississippi State's expansion of Davis Wade Stadium, which opened in the fall of 2014 with multiple levels, loge and field-level seating.

A new video board above the expansion appears comparable in size to the new $13.9 million video board Auburn built in the South end zone this past year.

The total cost of the project, which had initial estimates were $145 million, is unclear, as is how it would be funded. Auburn spent $100,000 in the planning and design phases of the renovation project, according to documents obtained by AL.com.

Auburn's Board of Trustees, which would have to approve any renovation plans, discussed a $4.5 million construction project to repair the storm drain and sewer line in the North end zone last month, according to documents obtained by AL.com. That project, which is being funded by bonds, would begin in January and continue through August of next year, according to documents.

In May, Jacobs told AL.com the North end zone renovation would be funded through debt service and he believed Auburn's ticket sales and new premium seating would support funding.

"We're basing it totally on ticket revenue," Jacobs said in May. "We're not even taking into consideration any philanthropic giving."

ia the school's website, Jacobs stressed the project is still in the preliminary stages and the athletics department will only seek approval by the Board of Trustees if there is significant interest in the plans.

"Nothing has been approved and nothing is final," Jacobs said in a release. "We are sharing the renderings with donors so they can see the vision of what the North end zone could be."

http://www.al.com/au...art_river_index

Amenities.0.jpeg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To make it look so much better, I've vote that they need to put up a lot of brick on the outside and around the stadium to cover up all those pips and steel beams as we see when we're walking or my case rolling to the gates into Jordan-Hare.

As many of you have already been notified by the university, a survey for potential renovations to the stadium will be sent out this week. This is something I've been seeking out for several years, so it is good to see something come to fruition. The survey will be originally distributed to 5 groups of season ticket holders, which the feedback would be analyzed then. Afterwards, the next step will be considered. Renovations will begin on the stadium after the 2016 football season, so we at least have that to look forward to.

The most exciting thing about this to me is that this will draw more attention from recruits. The nicer the facilities, the more attention you get. Renderings will be attached to the survey that will be sent out later on this week. Looking forward to seeing what Auburn has planned for Jordan-Hare Stadium!

Why distribute a survey now? If they are to begin renovations on the stadium in about 12 months they should already have the drawing/plans/renderings pretty much finalized by now. Do they not already know what renovations are planned? Once they get the feedback from fans, will they be changing the plans to accomodate the results from the survey? I'm confused I guess - a survey for "potential renovations" is being distributed this week, yet they plan to start renovations in about 12 months.

Why distribute a survey now? If they are to begin renovations on the stadium in about 12 months they should already have the drawing/plans/renderings pretty much finalized by now. Do they not already know what renovations are planned? Once they get the feedback from fans, will they be changing the plans to accomodate the results from the survey? I'm confused I guess - a survey for "potential renovations" is being distributed this week, yet they plan to start renovations in about 12 months.

It's probably similar to the Toomer's renovations. They probably have a number of options from the architect and they are going to see which option plays better with the fans.

I am north endzone ticket holder and got a notice they would be sending a survey about possible renovations for the north end zone. Will have to see how it affects my seats.

I'm pretty sure that feasibility studies have been done on all possible renovations. I really like the approach on this. Give the fans the options to decide from. Maybe they'll adhere to several of the fans wants.

Here's my thoughts though no one asked...

If Phil Knight donated a ton of crap to Oregon, there's no reason why we can't have all Apple stuff throughout ours. We could have iPads at each seat to place food and drink orders. That would take care of the concession complaints, and also employ a lot of people in the community on Saturdays to run food and drink to said iPad user. It would also give us a marketing gimmick.

This is mostly tongue in cheek, but it would be pretty awesome.

If Phil Knight donated a ton of crap to Oregon, there's no reason why we can't have all Apple stuff throughout ours. We could have iPads at each seat to place food and drink orders. That would take care of the concession complaints, and also employ a lot of people in the community on Saturdays to run food and drink to said iPad user. It would also give us a marketing gimmick.

I don't know... an Apple stadium. It would be beautiful, very clean, and user friendly, but every 3-5 years we'd have to replace all of the seats because they suddenly wouldn't be compatible with the stadium... and if anything broke, it would cost a fortune and take forever to get it fixed.

I don't know... an Apple stadium. It would be beautiful, very clean, and user friendly, but every 3-5 years we'd have to replace all of the seats because they suddenly wouldn't be compatible with the stadium... and if anything broke, it would cost a fortune and take forever to get it fixed.

^ lol too true

Sorry. I forgot the maintenance issues. Maybe we could just have a team of Apple Genius's running around.

I want a larger scoreboard

We could make it a touch screen scoreboard. All other teams would be super jealous and just concede every game.

Fix those ugly pipes with laying whatever amount of bricks needed to fix the eye sore. Do a complete make over on all bathrooms and concession stands. Then add about 4,000 seats to JHS to bring it over the 90,000 mark. When we start back winning 9 or more games consistently each year, we will fill all seats and then some. Just do it and get it done asap!

One other source of revenue would be to start showing block buster movies on the big screen after each home game with a cost of around $20.00 extra per showing. This would have all SEC schools going bonkers no doubt!

I'd be willing to bet you that the plan/design has already been selected and is well under way. However, being able to say that a survey of fans "overwhelmingly" demanded certain changes and additions will insulate the administration from criticism.

Much like when you already know which football coach you're going to hire, but you name a committee to actually name the only true candidate for the job.

I sit in the upper South endzone so I'm for moving the new scoreboard back about 50 feet. I was soo close to the jumbotron I couldn't see a single thing shown on it. I'm not sure why you spend 13 million on an improvement that about 5000 of your season ticket holders can't enjoy. I know I'll be moving my seats next season which shouldn't be hard considering the ticket office is already hitting me up for money. I don't know what idiot engineer didn't think about visibility issues before placing that scoreboard where they did. Hopefully he's not an Auburn grad.

I'd like to see improved locker rooms and recruiting facilities. I got a tour of them recently and based on what I've seen elsewhere I wouldn't be that impressed. I think before any more serious renovations are done to the stadium we need to get in a habit of selling out season tickets on a regular basis. At that point tear down the North Endzone and add boxes and seats.

Regarding the Apple thing, wouldn't it be cool to for Apple to pay for free WiFi in AU sports facilities, Apple Pay in the concession stands of the sports facilities, iPads for the athletic department to use for playbooks. There are a lot of things Apple could do which would add some flash to AU Athletics.

Regarding the Apple thing, wouldn't it be cool to for Apple to pay for free WiFi in AU sports facilities, Apple Pay in the concession stands of the sports facilities, iPads for the athletic department to use for playbooks. There are a lot of things Apple could do which would add some flash to AU Athletics.

I started this as a joke, but I think it could actually gain some traction if addressed correctly.

Archived