Jordan-Hare Stadium Renovation

logan adams

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 6:32 PM, Auhud08 said:

Yea i dont want it to happen til jj's gone. I hope Bruce Pearl is our next AD hes a great leader and loves AU. 

Does anyone think that JJ will actually be fired any time soon?  IF we win out and get a NC, JJ will be entrenched for eternity. I would love to see Pearl as our AD for sure. I wish we would get the stadium up to 90,000 seating size. The erector set end zone should have been bricked and made beautiful a long time ago. I cannot understand why JJ had to have the largest screen in the universe and not do something about the end zone. 

It's all about money.  Sounds to me like the demand by alums and fans is not that strong.  Can't blame JJ for that IMO.   Other than the stock market, looks to me like the overall economy is not that great but.....if enough folks step up and make some pledges I bet the renovation will go forward.   And of course get set for more ticket price hikes to cover the cost.

Meanwhile as described, the impact on the stadium operation will be serious while the work is under way and I guess it makes sense to do the work between seasons......and when there is money available.  

Embarrassing. Absolutely incompetence to let our beloved Jordan-Hare slip to where it is right now. I really boils my blood to see way lesser programs than us update their stadium and build other MUSTs in the modern day world of college football but  a traditional power like us just sits on our hands. Jordan-Hare bankrolls the whole athletic department basically with what goes on inside of it during the fall but yet cannot get any love.

I have long thought my fellow Auburn fans and alumni are "to nice". We do not demand excellence nearly as much as we should. It truly puzzles me with our rich football history.

3 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Does anyone think that JJ will actually be fired any time soon?  IF we win out and get a NC, JJ will be entrenched for eternity. I would love to see Pearl as our AD for sure. I wish we would get the stadium up to 90,000 seating size. The erector set end zone should have been bricked and made beautiful a long time ago. I cannot understand why JJ had to have the largest screen in the universe and not do something about the end zone. 

Bricking in the north end zone stands would have been a mistake.  The plan is to tear down the north end zone to the ground and start over.   The north end zone stands were built in 1969 and doesn't appear to allow for an upper deck.  They have already spend money adding additional ground level exits on the north end zone, mainly because of the problem of getting fans out of there during emergencies like during the 2009 West Virginia game.  

The major problem with JHS is that it was started as an Olympic type stadium in the 1930s to allow for a running track and areas for other track and field events.  Almost all stadiums started in that era were constructed like that.    It results in sideline seating that is very far from the playing filed and end zone seating that is also too far or has to be built in as Auburn and UAT have both done.  The bottom 3 rows of the JHS sidelines seats are also too low for a full view of the playing field.   

I wish we could do what Texas A&M did and rebuild the entire stadium.   That took them 2 years and lots of money.    

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Auburn-hits-pause-button-on-Jordan-Hare-Stadium-renovation-48678805?utm_source=247Sports Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=161101_195747_Auburn Tigers&utm_content=Link

"The project would require Auburn to tear down the north end zone and erect a new grandstands with walkways connecting the east and western concourses to the northern addition". 

11 hours ago, AU64 said:

It's all about money.  Sounds to me like the demand by alums and fans is not that strong.  Can't blame JJ for that IMO.   Other than the stock market, looks to me like the overall economy is not that great but.....if enough folks step up and make some pledges I bet the renovation will go forward.   And of course get set for more ticket price hikes to cover the cost.

Meanwhile as described, the impact on the stadium operation will be serious while the work is under way and I guess it makes sense to do the work between seasons......and when there is money available.  

The money and demand is there. As I have said over and over, the BOT and money people do not trust and will not let Jay do this expansion. I think the press box relocation/renovation will be done but that is it while JJ is in charge. 

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2015 at 9:52 AM, logan adams said:

That's ALL you want? Very simple person to please then I suppose.

Not everyone is high maintenance, brother. Jes sayin'  BUT...I like the expansion.

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2015 at 11:52 AM, GBAU83 said:

I am north endzone ticket holder and got a notice they would be sending a survey about possible renovations for the north end zone. Will have to see how it affects my seats.

Well, damn...there goes the project.

14 hours ago, doc4aday said:

There's new leadership coming in.  It all depends on what type of AD the president wants. If the board and money people are in his ears about wanting a change, it will happen no matter what the football team has done.

As for Pearl... while he is a great personality, I'm not sure what being a great basketball coach has to do with being qualified to be an AD.

JH is a great stadium, and home field for our team. Size is not the only measure for stadiums. As someone who attends games regularly, there are certainly updates to the stadium I would like to see, but we have no need to increase size just for the sake of it. JH is the 10th largest on campus stadium in the country and 7th largest home field in the SEC (Bama is 4th in the league). I do like the plans to redo the north endzone and add amenities to the stadium, but this attitude that our stadium is somehow being left behind is just silly. The video board adds to the game watching experience, with replays, scores from other games, live in-game stats etc. 

All of you complaining about increasing size can help get the plans approved. Buy tickets and go to games. 

Nobody wants to buy tickets to watch Auburn play teams like Alabama A&M, Alabama State, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Arkansas State and Louisiana-Monroe. We need to start playing more power 5 teams. Do that and Jordan-Hare will be packed for every home game.

4 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Nobody wants to buy tickets to watch Auburn play teams like Alabama A&M, Alabama State, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Arkansas State and Louisiana-Monroe. We need to start playing more power 5 teams. Do that and Jordan-Hare will be packed for every home game.

We played Clemson at home this year. We aren't going to play 3 or 4 power 5 teams at home each season. Those would be home and home series, and you actually lose home games, and decrease the value of season tickets.  The teams with larger stadiums than ours sell out for those same type teams. Don't blame the schedule. 

37 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

We played Clemson at home this year. We aren't going to play 3 or 4 power 5 teams at home each season. Those would be home and home series, and you actually lose home games, and decrease the value of season tickets.  The teams with larger stadiums than ours sell out for those same type teams. Don't blame the schedule. 

One thing that would possibly be good is to go to a 9 team SEC schedule. This would bring more fans and play one power 5 and 2 cup cake games. I doubt this will happen though.

17 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

One thing that would possibly be good is to go to a 9 team SEC schedule. This would bring more fans and play one power 5 and 2 cup cake games. I doubt this will happen though.

Then you end up giving up one of your home games every other year.  Most of the SEC schools don't want to do that.

Another year of having to deal with that pathetic scoreboard on the north end zone. I'd honestly prefer that they just take it down, rather than keep it up. 

They probably don't trust JJ with such a large project, because he can't even finish the last one they did. Cough cough, Video board.

"Auburn does not yet have concrete plans for the project, Jacobs said, and once they do they will reach out to fans to see if the project is financially feasible. In other words, the project is no guarantee. No timeline has been set, either, Jacobs said."

From the 247 article posted above. Is this a joke.....?

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

They probably don't trust JJ with such a large project, because he can't even finish the last one they did. Cough cough, Video board.

So.....they trust him to run a $130 million dollar business with probably 500 or more employees but not to make a renovation?  That makes no sense to me. 

AU is doing major construction projects on a continuous basis and someone is in charge of them....and certainly it's not the Deans of the various schools who will utilize the buildings.

If the demand was there....and the PTB and the BOT really had the money and wanted the renovation done, they would just hire some major construction company, put an experienced Contract Manager on the job and turn them loose on the task. ...or worst case, have the Facilities Department do it.  .

2 hours ago, JwgreDeux said:

JH is a great stadium, and home field for our team. Size is not the only measure for stadiums. As someone who attends games regularly, there are certainly updates to the stadium I would like to see, but we have no need to increase size just for the sake of it. JH is the 10th largest on campus stadium in the country and 7th largest home field in the SEC (Bama is 4th in the league). I do like the plans to redo the north endzone and add amenities to the stadium, but this attitude that our stadium is somehow being left behind is just silly. The video board adds to the game watching experience, with replays, scores from other games, live in-game stats etc. 

All of you complaining about increasing size can help get the plans approved. Buy tickets and go to games. 

I think most people in here would agree we do not want it to get bigger......... we just want it to get nicer!!! the outside of the stadium and even inside of JHS right now are downright ugly. It needs major renovations.

49 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So.....they trust him to run a $130 million dollar business with probably 500 or more employees but not to make a renovation?  That makes no sense to me. 

AU is doing major construction projects on a continuous basis and someone is in charge of them....and certainly it's not the Deans of the various schools who will utilize the buildings.

If the demand was there....and the PTB and the BOT really had the money and wanted the renovation done, they would just hire some major construction company, put an experienced Contract Manager on the job and turn them loose on the task. ...or worst case, have the Facilities Department do it.  .

Take it easy man! I don't honestly think it's from lack of trust. I was just joking about our unfinished Jumbotron.

14 hours ago, cptau said:

Bricking in the north end zone stands would have been a mistake.  The plan is to tear down the north end zone to the ground and start over.   The north end zone stands were built in 1969 and doesn't appear to allow for an upper deck.  They have already spend money adding additional ground level exits on the north end zone, mainly because of the problem of getting fans out of there during emergencies like during the 2009 West Virginia game.  

The major problem with JHS is that it was started as an Olympic type stadium in the 1930s to allow for a running track and areas for other track and field events.  Almost all stadiums started in that era were constructed like that.    It results in sideline seating that is very far from the playing filed and end zone seating that is also too far or has to be built in as Auburn and UAT have both done.  The bottom 3 rows of the JHS sidelines seats are also too low for a full view of the playing field.   

I wish we could do what Texas A&M did and rebuild the entire stadium.   That took them 2 years and lots of money.    

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Auburn-hits-pause-button-on-Jordan-Hare-Stadium-renovation-48678805?utm_source=247Sports Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=161101_195747_Auburn Tigers&utm_content=Link

"The project would require Auburn to tear down the north end zone and erect a new grandstands with walkways connecting the east and western concourses to the northern addition". 

These comments are good. It is true the way they built stadiums back then was to also have it do other events such as track. That is why we have a pretty good grassy area sidelines. But that makes the lowest level seats hard to see the whole field and to be farther away as now stadiums put you right on top of the field just higher.

I do want the north end to be totally remodels with an open concourse for eating and sitting or standing and watching the game from open areas. I noticed the Arkansas stadium had this in the corner(s) so there are concourses to walk around, sit down and eat and still see the game. 

This is Auburn, and the gameday experience would be so much nicer to provide this in the corners or the end of the North endzone.

One gripe. JJ said they didnt want to do the remodeling in 2017 because of the Alabama and Georgia games, becuase it would disrupt the fans in the north endzone. 

Is this just a smoke screen for  'we're not getting enough funds committed to do it now'  talk? Would it really make it hard for our fans during those games? I have a hard time believing it...

45 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think most people in here would agree we do not want it to get bigger......... we just want it to get nicer!!! the outside of the stadium and even inside of JHS right now are downright ugly. It needs major renovations.

I think every one agrees the north endzone support structure is not attractive. However, the rest of the exterior and the interior are far from ugly. I have seen nicer stadiums (NFL) and certainly think we can improve what we have, but lets at least frame the discussion more accurately. We would like to keep JH as one of the largest on campus stadiums that is routinely ranked as a great gameday atmosphere; we are nowhere near getting left behind in the stadium arms race. 

Again I would say, butts in seats make every stadium look better. So everyone go to a game, its a win - win. 

The way the weather is, during the fall, now, We should do the Jaguars swimming pool idea. Lol. I just wish they'd sell cold beers at the games:(

Archived