Jordan-Hare Stadium Renovation

logan adams

For those who didn't know...

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/11/widening_of_north_concourse_of.html

This is a good sign. It was a necessary step for allowing the renovation of the northern endzone, so we are at least taking baby steps.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No changes will be made to Jordan-Hare as long as Jay Jacobs keeps his AD job. That's a big why it's been pushed back another instead of starting in 2017.

2 hours ago, logan adams said:

For those who didn't know...

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/11/widening_of_north_concourse_of.html

This is a good sign. It was a necessary step for allowing the renovation of the northern endzone, so we are at least taking baby steps.

It's not really an advanced step for the North End Zone construction. There is a key phrase in the article worth noting.

The $1.9 million, to be financed by Auburn's athletic department,

Meaning JJ does not have to ask for funds from big money people who  are not going to put anymore money into projects for him thus making it easy for the BOT to pass it.

• 3 months later...

These were sent to season ticket holders today. Nothing ground breaking, but overall good design. I am not sure if I like the look from inside the stadium, and does this mean the team will be entering from the corner?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

28 minutes ago, AU13HSV said:

These were sent to season ticket holders today. Nothing ground breaking, but overall good design. I am not sure if I like the look from inside the stadium, and does this mean the team will be entering from the corner?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Was not expecting any interior construction from the inside of the stadium (the field), but I don't mind it. 

Too little, too late.  In the letter Jacobs quotes scripture and pays lip service to not being complacent.  

Jay Jacobs is just simply a clown and President Leath's first order of business should be to fire his ass.  Auburn athletics will be so much better off, even if we went the Vandy way and didn't even have an AD.  Guaranteed.

I'd like for Auburn athletics to move forward and not back.  Former football HC's as AD is a thing of the distant past.  We're talking about a huge business and the unyielding excellence required in preparation, execution and, equally important, the open and honest accountability that should go with it.  While I think some of the coaches in the department should be slapped about the face and head, I don't know what else Coach Tuberville would bring to the table.

The renderings above (north end zone) are not part of, and are light years away from, what was announced in Jacobs' letter this week (southwest corner).  In fact, they don't even depict the gleaming all glass double wide that would sit just to the right of the big screen.

2 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

The renderings above (north end zone) are not part of, and are light years away from, what was announced in Jacobs' letter this week (southwest corner).  In fact, they don't even depict the gleaming all glass double wide that would sit just to the right of the big screen.

What is part of the southwest corner renovation were parts of the pictures above in previous renderings, but found it more cost-effective to keep the locker room in place. I am willing to bet that north end zone renovations will be completed in under 5 years, maybe even sooner. 

On 4/5/2017 at 4:45 PM, PowerOfDixieland said:

Too little, too late.  In the letter Jacobs quotes scripture and pays lip service to not being complacent.  

Now POD, I'm sure there were some members of the Auburn Family that nearly shed a tear when they read that letter.

I found it a little sappy to be honest, but that's just JJ.

Glad to see some improvements to JHS.

Auburn board OKs $12 million plan to renovate, convert Jordan-Hare press box to club seating

James Crepea | jcrepea@al.com

Auburn is moving ahead with plans to renovate the existing press box at Jordan-Hare Stadium and convert much of it to premium seating and club space.

A $12 million project to renovate the 10,800-square foot space, which will include updated coaches' and television booths and club seating, was approved by the Auburn University board of trustees on Friday.

The press box renovation project, which will be financed by athletic department funds, is part of a greater plan to improve Jordan-Hare Stadium and is slated to begin construction on Aug. 25 and end July 24, 2018, according to documents.

Auburn athletic director Jay Jacobs laid out the plan to convert the existing press box on the west side of Jordan-Hare Stadium during the meeting of Auburn's board of trustees on Feb. 3, when a $28 million project was approved for a 44,000-square foot gameday support facility, which will include a new press box in the southwest corner of the stadium and locker room renovation.

See renderings for Auburn's $28 million football facility

"(We plan to) take the current press box -- about 70 percent of it because the coaches and national television will stay there -- take that area and maybe have as many as 150 high-end club level seats to generate revenue and also increase the fan experience," Jacobs said in February. "Take the space we currently have and renovate it to make an even better gameday experience."

Construction is already ongoing at Jordan-Hare as part of the $1.9 million project to widen the north concourse.

• WarTiger changed the title to Jordan-Hare Stadium Renovation
On 4/6/2017 at 4:27 PM, auburn4ever said:

Tommy Tuberville should be Auburn's new AD when ever Jacobs is gone.

That's Governor Tuberville to you.

Depiction of the press box change. It looks like the middle section will become a premium club level, surrounded by the coaches box on one side and the television press box on the other.

22437818-mmmain.png

On 4/8/2017 at 11:11 AM, meh130 said:

Depiction of the press box change. It looks like the middle section will become a premium club level, surrounded by the coaches box on one side and the television press box on the other.

22437818-mmmain.png

Too hard to tell of any changes. Looking forward to seeing how nice the clubs will be though.

• 2 months later...

Do we have a strategic plan to get our facilities updated so we are competitive there?  I assumed we were top half.   I know about the end zone area for game day recruiting....what else?

12 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Do we have a strategic plan to get our facilities updated so we are competitive there?  I assumed we were top half.   I know about the end zone area for game day recruiting....what else?

Extensively covered in the JHS Renovations thread on the football forum so I'm moving these posts over there.

• 1 month later...

http://www.kctv5.com/story/36218568/mizzou-approves-98-million-south-end-zone-facility-at-memorial-stadium

The University of Missouri Board of Curators voted Friday morning to unanimously approve construction of Mizzou Athletics’ $98 million south end zone facility at Faurot Field/Memorial Stadium.
14750248_G.jpg

If a school that is basically an "also ran" in the SEC, that is experiencing a huge drop in enrollment and is hemorrhaging money because of it can drop $98 million on this, then that should light a fire under the powers that be at Auburn to get past their trust issues and get back into the arms race with a little more than their little add-ons.

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

http://www.kctv5.com/story/36218568/mizzou-approves-98-million-south-end-zone-facility-at-memorial-stadium

If a school that is basically an "also ran" in the SEC, that is experiencing a huge drop in enrollment and is hemorrhaging money because of it can drop $98 million on this, then that should light a fire under the powers that be at Auburn to get past their trust issues and get back into the arms race with a little more than their little add-ons.

Will that replace the rock garden?

On 4/5/2017 at 2:44 PM, AU13HSV said:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

I think the entrance you see is the "guest entrance". The recruiting room is under that corner ATM. Id expect thats what its for

Thanks for the pix....will be there in a few weeks and look forward to checking it out in person.  Looks like all the hedges and flowers are gone?  Is that right ?

Pretty glitzy looking but also some more conveniences in the concession area which badly needed upgrading.

• 2 weeks later...

Jay Jacob's thought process: The north endzone renovations that were proposed looked really nice. I think I know what the fans really want though! MORE VIDEOBOARDS!

(Or cowbell)

giphy.gif

Archived