Jordan-Hare Stadium Renovation

logan adams

WDE said JJ didn't have the support to do the big project from the money folks. Looks like he was correct. I remember in late 80's when JH was in the top tier of stadiums in the SEC.  Will they really try to piece this thing together instead of waiting to do a total, needed renovation?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, logan adams said:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/09/auburn_board_to_vote_on_propos.html

quite embarrassing that we've gone from what was initially proposed, to a weak video board. 

Yep pretty sad, especially after all the yapping about the "master plan" a few years ago and more recently about the "major NEZ expansion."  Why not just take a few feet off each end of the monster jumbotron, attach them together in the North EZ and make both EZs look better at the same time. Ok, ok, just kidding on that one. But you do get the feeling that JJ is bound and determined to screw up J-H as much as possible with his patchwork approach before he exits the stage. SMH

26 minutes ago, oldaufeller said:

Call me uninformed but where do we put the heavy trucks? Service trucks for vending, materials and supplies, media trucks, team trucks & busses, etc?

Well, it looks like on the north side they are using the existing drop in grade to continue to give buses and trucks access to loading docks underneath the new addition.

I don't know if this may be too ambitious, but I don't think we keep wasting our time by putting band aids on the stadium or distracting from the unfortunate parts by installing new video boards.

What I would like to see is a comprehensive renovation of Jordan-Hare that delivers a cohesive, attractive facade around the entire periphery of the stadium, and brings the concourses up to contemporary standards. If we keep on doing a project here, another there, and add some video boards, the stadium won't have a cohesive appearance that great stadiums should have.

The fans should be glad I'm not the AD because I wouldn't give them one improvement until they appreciated and respected the campus, grounds and stadium we have. I can't tell you how disgusting it is to see how people can't simply pickup after themselves and leave the stadium and campus as clean as it was when they entered. Really is it that hard? Last week I walked past the Phi Gamma Delta house on College Street. Pure trash and absolutely appalling at the display of care for their property.

3 hours ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

I don't know if this may be too ambitious, but I don't think we keep wasting our time by putting band aids on the stadium or distracting from the unfortunate parts by installing new video boards.

What I would like to see is a comprehensive renovation of Jordan-Hare that delivers a cohesive, attractive facade around the entire periphery of the stadium, and brings the concourses up to contemporary standards. If we keep on doing a project here, another there, and add some video boards, the stadium won't have a cohesive appearance that great stadiums should have.

Most, if not all of us, agree. Unfortunately we have just gone through a decade of feasibility studies, cost projections, fan surveys, master plans, proposals and renderings that would have addressed all those issues. Yet here we are again, suddenly out of nowhere comes another add-on. I suspect what it really comes down to is whether or not the BOD and/or major contributors have enough confidence in JJ to let him direct a major J-H renovation. That answer is probably no.   

2 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

Most, if not all, of us agree. Unfortunately we have just gone through a decade of feasibility studies, cost projections, fan surveys, master plans, proposals and renderings that would have addressed all those issues. Yet here we are again, suddenly out of nowhere comes another add-on. I suspect what it really comes down to is whether or not the BOD and/or major contributors have enough confidence in JJ to let him direct a major J-H renovation. That answer is probably no.   

yep

9 hours ago, logan adams said:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/09/auburn_board_to_vote_on_propos.html

quite embarrassing that we've gone from what was initially proposed, to a weak video board. 

Guess what can be done with another large video board?  More ads can be displayed to bring in more revenue.  The south end zone screen almost constantly displays ads that can be changed as needed.   

2 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

Most, if not all of us, agree. Unfortunately we have just gone through a decade of feasibility studies, cost projections, fan surveys, master plans, proposals and renderings that would have addressed all those issues. Yet here we are again, suddenly out of nowhere comes another add-on. I suspect what it really comes down to is whether or not the BOD and/or major contributors have enough confidence in JJ to let him direct a major J-H renovation. That answer is probably no.   

Several college have built new or rebuilt their existing stadiums.   A&M TCU, and Stanford rebuilt.  Baylor, and Minnesota  built new.   Building a new stadium in a location with sufficient parking and access to the Interatate would be great, but will never happen.  Expanding Auburn's stadium looks doubtful too.   A school with the most expensive tickets in the SEC doesn't need more seats to sell.  

Having a stadium on campus  is a huge plus.... greatly outweighs any benefit to new stadium or parking or anything else to be gained by building something new off campus.

Would have been nice to see a project that would have enclosed that side of the stadium.  It is nice to see the other projects going on for baseball and softball but not quite sure how a brand new basketball arena already needs updates on locker rooms. 

I'm glad to see that others agree. We shouldn't build a new stadium in a different location. I think we should go the route of Texas A&M or Cal and look at the feasibility of rebuilding and renovating the entire stadium. This would mean rebuilding both endzone sections while upgrading the finishes and layout of the concourses. The facades on the east and west side should be demoed and rebuilt as well. As an architect, I dream about Auburn hiring a big name architect to undertake such an important project. I would just hate to see Populous crank out yet another ho-hum stadium project.

21 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

18 hours ago, cptau said:

Several college have built new or rebuilt their existing stadiums.   A&M TCU, and Stanford rebuilt.  Baylor, and Minnesota  built new.   Building a new stadium in a location with sufficient parking and access to the Interatate would be great, but will never happen.  Expanding Auburn's stadium looks doubtful too.   A school with the most expensive tickets in the SEC doesn't need more seats to sell.  

I agree, we don't need more seating, just better seating. The latest NEZ proposal that most of us liked did just that too. If they ever do go ahead with the NEZ at a later date, maybe the plan is to raise this new video board with cranes and put it on top. That can be done. Is JJ thinking that far ahead ? NAAAAH

• 2 months later...

Success of our program always makes me question what’s coming to Auburn. Is there any ramblings of what will be done with the north end zone since the proposed bandaid of a scoreboard fell through? What will be done with the back of our current scoreboard? 

What are the putting to the right of the big scoreboard? More Suites? I noticed pylons at the Ole Miss game and notice more structure on each TV showing.

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, hikerdns said:

What are the putting to the right of the big scoreboard? More Suites? I noticed pylons at the Ole Miss game and notice more structure on each TV showing.

Thanks!

New Press Box on top. Scholarship donor's club at the bottom. The club is a scaled down version of what was originally planned for the north end zone.

The old open press box in the middle will be replaced with club seats. The enclosed radio, TV, and coaches press boxes on either end of the large open press box will remain on the west side.

47 minutes ago, meh130 said:

The club is a scaled down version of what was originally planned for the north end zone.

This reminds me of Kentucky's Kroger Stadium (formerly commonwealth stadium) where it looks like the just built portable classrooms in each corner of the endzones by the upper decks for "luxury boxes".

Building this one structure, in addition to megatron,  futher land locks them from any future additions to that endzone.  

Image result for commonwealth stadium

• 1 month later...
On 11/28/2017 at 10:56 AM, logan adams said:

Success of our program always makes me question what’s coming to Auburn. Is there any ramblings of what will be done with the north end zone since the proposed bandaid of a scoreboard fell through? What will be done with the back of our current scoreboard? 

I'd love to know what they are planning for to cover the steel beam supports for the AubieTron.  It looks just horrible.

On 12/15/2015 at 9:03 AM, logan adams said:

As many of you have already been notified by the university, a survey for potential renovations to the stadium will be sent out this week. This is something I've been seeking out for several years, so it is good to see something come to fruition. The survey will be originally distributed to 5 groups of season ticket holders, which the feedback would be analyzed then. Afterwards, the next step will be considered. Renovations will begin on the stadium after the 2016 football season, so we at least have that to look forward to.

The most exciting thing about this to me is that this will draw more attention from recruits. The nicer the facilities, the more attention you get. Renderings will be attached to the survey that will be sent out later on this week. Looking forward to seeing what Auburn has planned for Jordan-Hare Stadium!

CWY_u_-UsAA066o.jpg

CWY_vAFUYAA09NC.jpg

CWY_vAEVAAA0OqK.jpg

CWY_vAEU8AAGkI2.jpg

Amenities.0.jpeg

Logan, you started this thread over 2 yrs ago and look where we are today!:bananadance:

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

So we're gonna put up another videoboard? well that's great. You can't have o many videoboards in one stadium.

The epi-tome of irony. When I was a kid in the 70's, I couldn't wait to attend a game in person so I could watch it in person instead of on TV (here and there) or listen on the radio. Now, we attend the game and watch it on a jumbotron.  Go figure...

Archived