Jordan-Hare Stadium Renovation

logan adams

19 hours ago, keesler said:

Logan, you started this thread over 2 yrs ago and look where we are today!:bananadance:

Pretty disappointing, isn't it???

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A6AF3F24-BD77-4249-8438-A34A06A1980B.jpeg2A0D4BB7-54BC-497D-B648-9C2AB6A43DC9.jpegC449006F-6376-4595-B9AA-DD9DB3710105.jpeg09496D3B-BD32-4C6C-B923-7E80520DCD6F.jpeg

I’m not sure if everybody would go for this, but I wouldn’t mind a combination of these four renderings for the North End Zone. 

I really want to see a North End Zone Upper Deck, an upper concourse, a bricked exterior, skyboxes, elevators, escalators, a North End Zone Club level with chairback seating, field club seating, 2 corner video boards, etc. Get the capacity up to around 96,000. ?

:wareagle:

Pic #2 needs to show the shoe box added to the right of megatron.    

I like #2 by far as the best looking.    If they would add another shoe box to the left of megatron also,. All would be good in my book.  

I do like the brick around the stadium.  Auburn has done a good job with the education buildings in the style and type of brick used.  Most importantly (to me), all of the building are using the same brick so they look like they belong.  I like the current renovation being done IF they do the same for all four corners. Just one corner will drive me up a wall.  

Our stadium is already loud and big enough. The next thing w do should be for experience, aesthetics, and increasing the amount of premium seating for a continuous, higher revenue stream.

On February 3, 2018 at 6:56 PM, abw0004 said:

I do like the brick around the stadium.  Auburn has done a good job with the education buildings in the style and type of brick used.  Most importantly (to me), all of the building are using the same brick so they look like they belong.  I like the current renovation being done IF they do the same for all four corners. Just one corner will drive me up a wall.  

Just one corner drives me nuts too. 

On 2/3/2018 at 9:08 AM, The Plainsman said:

Pic #2 needs to show the shoe box added to the right of megatron.    

I like #2 by far as the best looking.    If they would add another shoe box to the left of megatron also,. All would be good in my book.  

#2 and #3 are practically the same, but instead of one large board, there’s two smaller boards on the corners. This is the renovation that I am dying for. I think it looks “cooler” with one board up there, but two boards would be better. Just imagine standing on the open mezzanine and looking up to see a massive video board. Would be sweet. 

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:56 PM, abw0004 said:

Ditto!

I'm very OCD about balance and cohesion in building/architecture and the older I get, the worse it bothers me. 

Here are my desires:

1. Brick it in since everyone seems to agree this would look much better. I'm fine with this decision. Heck, let people put their names on the brick for a high price if you're worried about the cost.

2. Add seats, I think if we're really going to look toward the future we need to be at six digits with our capacity. 100,000+ would be awesome for Jordan Hare.

3. With #2 in mind we have to ensure that we're going to pack the stadium out as much as possible. This starts with lowering the ticket prices. Lower the prices to a level that you guarantee full attendance and then slowly inch the price upwards to find your happy middle.

4. Always improve the bathrooms and food options, never can go wrong there.

5. We absolutely must replace that awful high school scoreboard with a decent sized Jumbotron. Not too worried about it but it would be nice.

6. In a slightly personal desire I would absolutely love a cooler tunnel for the players to come out of.  They're kind of off to the side coming out of regular tunnel as is and it'd be cool to have something unique.

7. Another personal desire would be to have some type of "lift off" area for the eagles! They always leave from the same spot so it would be kind of cool to have a design of some sort right by where they take off. I'm no artist just being an idea guy lol

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Here are my desires:

1. Brick it in since everyone seems to agree this would look much better. I'm fine with this decision. Heck, let people put their names on the brick for a high price if you're worried about the cost.

2. Add seats, I think if we're really going to look toward the future we need to be at six digits with our capacity. 100,000+ would be awesome for Jordan Hare.

3. With #2 in mind we have to ensure that we're going to pack the stadium out as much as possible. This starts with lowering the ticket prices. Lower the prices to a level that you guarantee full attendance and then slowly inch the price upwards to find your happy middle.

4. Always improve the bathrooms and food options, never can go wrong there.

5. We absolutely must replace that awful high school scoreboard with a decent sized Jumbotron. Not too worried about it but it would be nice.

6. In a slightly personal desire I would absolutely love a cooler tunnel for the players to come out of.  They're kind of off to the side coming out of regular tunnel as is and it'd be cool to have something unique.

7. Another personal desire would be to have some type of "lift off" area for the eagles! They always leave from the same spot so it would be kind of cool to have a design of some sort right by where they take off. I'm no artist just being an idea guy lol

I agree with you on 1-7, especially #2.

What do you think about also adding a year-round marketplace/food court in the stadium, lowering the playing field a few feet, an AU Football “Hall of Fame,” & a student section expansion?

We use to have one of the biggest stadiums in the SEC. But thanks to Jacobs, we have falling behind to the likes of Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Florida and soon Texas A&M will jump over us if they haven't already. The only SEC stadium that has been bigger then all others for years has been Tennessee. Maybe Mr. Greene will do every thing he can to help Jordan-Hare grow again.

A&M is one of the biggest, if not the biggest.   We are behind all the heavy weights in the conference.  Even ole miss has upgraded and their stadium is nicely done.   Not bigger but fresher.  

11 hours ago, Southwest said:

Yeah A&M just upgraded theirs recently,its bigger ..

And that state has UTa, TTU, TCU, SMU, UH, BU (+30 other smaller football programs)

Not to mention...

3 - NBA teams

2 - NFL teams

2 - MLB teams

1 - NHL team

Comparing how anything is done in AL vs TX is like comparing AU to uat.  ...just don't do it.  Texas $$ is unfathomable to normal people.

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

And that state has UTa, TTU, TCU, SMU, UH, BU (+30 other smaller football programs)

Not to mention...

3 - NBA teams

2 - NFL teams

2 - MLB teams

1 - NHL team

Comparing how anything is done in AL vs TX is like comparing AU to uat.  ...just don't do it.  Texas $$ is unfathomable to normal people.

And they finally put that money to good use by giving  a national title winning coach a contract he could not refuse and FSU could not match. THAT is how you throw money around. That was a master class. Jimbo had no real intentions of ever leaving fsu unless he got a godfather like offer like that. A guy who I would like to add would take our recruiting to the next level and finally get us over the hump. The SEC West just got a lot tougher. TAMU was always a sleeping giant.

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

And they finally put that money to good use by giving  a national title winning coach a contract he could not refuse and FSU could not match. THAT is how you throw money around. That was a master class. Jimbo had no real intentions of ever leaving fsu unless he got a godfather like offer like that. A guy who I would like to add would take our recruiting to the next level and finally get us over the hump. The SEC West just got a lot tougher. TAMU was always a sleeping giant.

Though I agree with you that Fisher has ability (saw it first hand at AU in the 90's), there is an undisciplined nature to him that, IMO, will prevent his teams from reaching their lofty potential on a "regular" basis. 

I think that's what brought Sumlin down.  I believe CKS was every bit the coach & recruiter that CJF is....but also lacks a discipline necessary to maintain success.  Both for himself AND the young men he's in charge of.

And I don't mean personally, like he's a bad guy (I don't know him) but strictly "football" speaking... Just my observations.

3 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Though I agree with you that Fisher has ability (saw it first hand at AU in the 90's), there is an undisciplined nature to him that, IMO, will prevent his teams from reaching their lofty potential on a "regular" basis. 

I think that's what brought Sumlin down.  I believe CKS was every bit the coach & recruiter that CJF is....but also lacks a discipline necessary to maintain success.  Both for himself AND the young men he's in charge of.

And I don't mean personally, like he's a bad guy (I don't know him) but strictly "football" speaking... Just my observations.

That was beautifully summed up my man! I love it! Well done sir.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:57 AM, RunInRed said:

Some one photoshop this ...

2A0D4BB7-54BC-497D-B648-9C2AB6A43DC9.jpeg

By adding this (and maybe one other side of scoreboard as well?

Jordan-Hare Stadium - South End Zone Renovation

Yes I agree. Just do that for the NEZ, match up Jacob's folly in the SEZ and let's go.

I like these ideas except for increasing sitting capacity. We already see a  decent amount of empty seating in the top section for minor OOC foes , and it would look terrible to have 10-20k empty seats. I’d rather have JH be mid tier in terms of capacity rather than be one of those schools that has to throw tarps over seating sections it can’t fill every game. 

On 2/5/2018 at 10:57 AM, RunInRed said:

Some one photoshop this ...

2A0D4BB7-54BC-497D-B648-9C2AB6A43DC9.jpeg

By adding this (and maybe one other side of scoreboard as well?

Jordan-Hare Stadium - South End Zone Renovation

MUCH, MUCH easier said than done. That's 2 different styles of artwork and 2 different perspectives. You'd need to 3D model it to really pull off a representation... or draw it by hand.

On 2/5/2018 at 5:10 PM, auburn4ever said:

We use to have one of the biggest stadiums in the SEC. But thanks to Jacobs, we have falling behind to the likes of Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Florida and soon Texas A&M will jump over us if they haven't already. The only SEC stadium that has been bigger then all others for years has been Tennessee. Maybe Mr. Greene will do every thing he can to help Jordan-Hare grow again.

aTm's stadium is one of the top 5 in the world man. Their student section in that stadium alone is like 10,000 people larger than the entire student body at Auburn, and AU freshmen can't even get tickets to good games. Auburn will never have aTm money and I will say from what I have seen lately never have their dedication and loyalty either.

Archived