Jordan-Hare Stadium Renovation

logan adams

On 2/14/2018 at 10:23 PM, The Plainsman said:

They bring more noise too...  Or atleast can get louder when needed.   

Additionally,  going to games as a student builds that desire to later go to games a higher $ donor or season tix holder.    Keep building the base is important instead of just relying on an aging TUF membership.   

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Additionally,  going to games as a student builds that desire to later go to games a higher $ donor or season tix holder.    Keep building the base is important instead of just replying on an aging TUF membership.   

I'm fine with having enough student seats as long as they're filled! One thing I enjoyed about UCF, while I was there, was that we had the largest ratio of student-fan seats and we still packed it out. Granted, UCF's student population is a little higher than most.

I'm no engineer but is there anyway to improve the view for the upper decks? The seats in some stadium's upper areas look like they would have a better view. Definitely like the idea of seats with backs though. Let's get up to 95k and get seatbacks with a little more wiggle room for everyone. Scoreboards in the corners opposite of our monster jumbotron.

p.s. exterior of Ohio State's stadium looks nice.

OhioState.jpg

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Definitely like the idea of seats with backs though. Let's get up to 95k and get seatbacks with a little more wiggle room for everyone.

And add personal AC vents in the back of each seat for those stupid hot September games. :)

3 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

And add personal AC vents in the back of each seat for those stupid hot September games. :)

I mean...the future is now :beer2:

On 2/14/2018 at 9:17 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Think Titan hit a homerun with this from the Bunker. He is 100% right. 

"I wouldn't mind seeing Auburn incorporate Penn State's plan into any north endzone expansion: PSU's stadium capacity will drop from 107,000 to 103,000 because they are replacing a lot of bleachers with chairback seats. UNC is doing the same. Would be one of the best things ever. Give me some defined personal space folks can't cheat over on. And they need to have cup holders. So tired of someone knocking over a drink all over everyone's stuff because there's no safe place to put the cups.

If we did it right in combining it with an expansion at the same time, we wouldn't lose that much in overall capacity. But having a more comfortable seat would make being there for 4 hours much more enjoyable." 

This is one of the reasons I quit paying scholarship seating premium and going to many games period: I was stuck on a bleacher seat next to a family of lard a—-s with my wife and me crammed onto a single seat while they spilled over onto the seats we paid for. Much more comfortable and cost effective to watch it in my living room.

On 2/16/2018 at 12:44 AM, fredst said:

This is one of the reasons I quit paying scholarship seating premium and going to many games period: I was stuck on a bleacher seat next to a family of lard a—-s with my wife and me crammed onto a single seat while they spilled over onto the seats we paid for. Much more comfortable and cost effective to watch it in my living room.

Yup, I always sat next to a husband and wife that would make Terrance Cody blush

On 2/15/2018 at 2:58 PM, Zeek said:

I'm fine with having enough student seats as long as they're filled! One thing I enjoyed about UCF, while I was there, was that we had the largest ratio of student-fan seats and we still packed it out. Granted, UCF's student population is a little higher than most.

I'm no engineer but is there anyway to improve the view for the upper decks? The seats in some stadium's upper areas look like they would have a better view. Definitely like the idea of seats with backs though. Let's get up to 95k and get seatbacks with a little more wiggle room for everyone. Scoreboards in the corners opposite of our monster jumbotron.

p.s. exterior of Ohio State's stadium looks nice.

OhioState.jpg

yes, OSU stadium really looks nice!  If JHS is done right with getting us to a shade over 90,000 seating with the majority of the new seating designated for students at a reasonable price would be a win-win no doubt. We do not need 100,000 seats. With the worlds largest monitor, seating will have to be no more than 90,000 or lets say 90,500. The turd stadium is far too big for us and could not be achieved with our jumbo tron. 90,500 fits like a glove!

On 2/7/2018 at 4:12 PM, lionheartkc said:

MUCH, MUCH easier said than done. That's 2 different styles of artwork and 2 different perspectives. You'd need to 3D model it to really pull off a representation... or draw it by hand.

So what's the hold up? ;)

35 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Sad to see that USA concrete truck backed up to JHS. Do believe Bear Jr owns that company. 

I thought that Cemex bought them out a few years ago.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:50 PM, RunInRed said:

image.png

Let's just take the new finished façade, run it behind the jumbotron, over to the other side and duplicate the box. BTW, I don't know how they think they can be building that thing without a videocam and our supervision. They could have never built the jumbotron without that. I have to say that was fun watching that go up. 

18 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

Let's just take the new finished façade, run it behind the jumbotron, over to the other side and duplicate the box. BTW, I don't know how they think they can be building that thing without a videocam and our supervision. They could have never built the jumbotron without that. I have to say that was fun watching that go up. 

Very true, someone needs to get down there and live stream it until completion!

22 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

I wish there was a live feed of this facility.. I checked the jumbotron more often than I'd like to admit, and I was even a student then.

18 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Will this Renovation be done before our first home game?

I'm guessing yes but maybe no depends on which one your talking about. Could be I miss understood your question but I doubt it but one never knows do we? Lets see what bird thinks he knows everything I guess or at least he may not understand either. What do you think?

On February 20, 2018 at 3:15 PM, IronMan70 said:

Agree completing in full,. Run a long hallway(s) or something to the other side and duplicate.   Would love to have something that looks actually intentional and thought out. 

I wonder how long it will be before we have to have a 3rd jumbotron. Oh wait a second, Jay Jacobs isn't AD anymore so we won't have to put up a new jumbotrom every few years.

42 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I wonder how long it will be before we have to have a 3rd jumbotron. Oh wait a second, Jay Jacobs isn't AD anymore so we won't have to put up a new jumbotrom every few years.

Give it a rest

On 2/22/2018 at 4:58 PM, augolf1716 said:

I'm guessing yes but maybe no depends on which one your talking about. Could be I miss understood your question but I doubt it but one never knows do we? Lets see what bird thinks he knows everything I guess or at least he may not understand either. What do you think?

200.gif

Archived