Jordan-Hare Stadium Renovation

logan adams

20 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Can some one, for the love of GOD, finish the back of the damn jumbotron!! 

It’s atrocious. A complete botched project. Pretty absurd it is year 3 and it still is not done. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, logan adams said:

It’s atrocious. A complete botched project. Pretty absurd it is year 3 and it still is not done. 

jayjacobss.jpg

Jay Jacobs using his best Steve Urkel impersonation, "DID I DO THATTTTT?!"

4 hours ago, logan adams said:

It's not only not done, the athletic administration just acts like they don't have a 3.5 million dollar unfinished project just sitting around looking all ugly and ridiculous.

On 5/22/2018 at 6:18 PM, The Plainsman said:

Anyone doing a drive by lately? Can we catch some updated pics ?

Here’s a walk-by from a couple of hours ago....

BFC68FCE-9513-4B0E-B3A2-2C9B66825808.jpeg

On May 27, 2018 at 8:16 PM, LeaderKee4AU said:

Thank you for the updated pic.  Sometimes I think it is looking ok,.  Other times I just get the feeling it is Haley Center type mistake.  

On 5/24/2018 at 2:10 PM, AuCivilEng1 said:

It's not only not done, the athletic administration just acts like they don't have a 3.5 million dollar unfinished project just sitting around looking all ugly and ridiculous.

I actually don't think it looks all that bad. It's certainly not the biggest eye sore on campus... (Looking at you, Haley and physics building)

10 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Thank you for the updated pic.  Sometimes I think it is looking ok,.  Other times I just get the feeling it is Haley Center type mistake.  

You’re welcome.

Sometimes when I walk alongside the South End Zone, I envision the southeast corner of the stadium fully built in a similar way like the southwest corner, the video screens actually added to the back of the Jumbotron & some sort of “Walk of Champions” area at Tiger Walk Plaza. Not sure if all of that will happen anytime soon, but I think it’ll be really interesting to see.

17 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Doesn't matter. People gone b*tch regardless of what's done. 

39 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Doesn't matter. People gone b*tch regardless of what's done. 

4D3B.gif

On 5/27/2018 at 9:16 PM, LeaderKee4AU said:

I really have no idea what look the Auburn administration is going for. I woulddve preferred we never had that Jumbotron because we've built onto a cheap ugly project and made the stadium uglier. The Jumbotron is concrete gray, shows the interior beams and now we have that terrible brick glued to the side of it. Sorry guys, but let's call it what it is, cheap and ugly. Maybe they can paint that gray and blend it in but that looks awful.

12 hours ago, TigerFanAU said:

I really have no idea what look the Auburn administration is going for. I woulddve preferred we never had that Jumbotron because we've built onto a cheap ugly project and made the stadium uglier. The Jumbotron is concrete gray, shows the interior beams and now we have that terrible brick glued to the side of it. Sorry guys, but let's call it what it is, cheap and ugly. Maybe they can paint that gray and blend it in but that looks awful.

The thing to keep in mind is that there is a bigger project just waiting for approval, so anything built now is going to reflect that and look out of place until that project is done. It makes no sense to build to match the current stadium when you are just going to change it as soon as you get the green light for the bigger project.

The way to look at the current addition is that it's a preview of what is to come.

As for the Aubietron, same goes for it. Why spend the money to put a facade on it when the bigger project is going to fully address it? In fact, leaving it undone could be leveraged as motivation to get the final approval for the complete update.

14 hours ago, TigerFanAU said:

I don't think that red brick is going anywhere. That's the one thing that ties most of the buildings on campus together. Not using it would really make a building stand out and look out of place.

On 5/31/2018 at 3:54 PM, auburn4ever said:

Looks pretty good. It will look even better when all 4 corners of the endzones are closed in.

Think it'll ever happen? I'd love for it to while lowering the field to make it even more deafening in there!

WDE

On 5/30/2018 at 9:14 AM, lionheartkc said:

The thing to keep in mind is that there is a bigger project just waiting for approval, so anything built now is going to reflect that and look out of place until that project is done. It makes no sense to build to match the current stadium when you are just going to change it as soon as you get the green light for the bigger project.

The way to look at the current addition is that it's a preview of what is to come.

As for the Aubietron, same goes for it. Why spend the money to put a facade on it when the bigger project is going to fully address it? In fact, leaving it undone could be leveraged as motivation to get the final approval for the complete update.

That's great the hear!

I had no idea the plans were finalized and simply waiting approval & funding.  Heck, I didn't even know they'd completed the plans after JJ had to scratch the whole thing and sent 'em back to the drawing board after the 3rd feasibility study was completed.  ?

On 5/30/2018 at 10:14 AM, lionheartkc said:

Out of curiosity, do you have any info on the bigger project? Also, is this something that you know or are speculating? 

Apologies if I sound like I'm doubting you, I am just genuinely curious!

On 6/8/2018 at 1:15 PM, keesler said:

That's great the hear!

I had no idea the plans were finalized and simply waiting approval & funding.  Heck, I didn't even know they'd completed the plans after JJ had to scratch the whole thing and sent 'em back to the drawing board after the 3rd feasibility study was completed.  ?

Nothing has been approved yet. 

On 6/8/2018 at 5:28 PM, CT Tiger said:

Out of curiosity, do you have any info on the bigger project? Also, is this something that you know or are speculating? 

Apologies if I sound like I'm doubting you, I am just genuinely curious!

There are other threads that show the concept are for the big North Endzone which I guarantee is part one of a complete renovation.

On 6/8/2018 at 1:15 PM, keesler said:

That's great the hear!

I don't know that they have decided which version to do, yet, but you don't spend the money on architects without the intention of making the project happen. Several have stated that the money is there, just not for Jacobs. With our coach locked in for he forseable future, I would be truly surprised if a major reno project, North end zone or maybe more, wasn't announced within the year. Since Greene has started making major changes already, it could be even sooner.

On February 2, 2018 at 10:32 PM, LeaderKee4AU said:

2A0D4BB7-54BC-497D-B648-9C2AB6A43DC9.jpeg

I’m not sure if everybody would go for this, but I wouldn’t mind a combination of these four renderings for the North End Zone. 

I really want to see a North End Zone Upper Deck, an upper concourse, a bricked exterior, skyboxes, elevators, escalators, a North End Zone Club level with chairback seating, field club seating, 2 corner video boards, etc. Get the capacity up to around 96,000. ?

:wareagle:

I just do not see the new corner press box in this particular "master plan"..  

Just more places I'll never get to physically see in person in the stadium.  :)  

Doesn't look too bad, but I agree about the renderings.

Archived