Jordan-Hare Stadium Renovation

logan adams

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can remember laughing at the dump Bryant-Denny was with their painted grass turning to dirt by halftime. Hard to believe AU now has a Frankenstein stadium that looks like parts were assembled from random Acme kits dropped off during the night. A ginormous eyesore scoreboard facing a 1965 scoreboard. One outside endzone that looks like 1975 and another with a giant protruding scoreboard half covered by banners that may or may not blow away. Now, a new corner addition that looks like it was just stuck on the end as an afterthought with a grey press box on top.
Auburn has a lot of smart people with experience in construction projects. How did this happen?

10 hours ago, CR said:

I can remember laughing at the dump Bryant-Denny was with their painted grass turning to dirt by halftime. Hard to believe AU now has a Frankenstein stadium that looks like parts were assembled from random Acme kits dropped off during the night. A ginormous eyesore scoreboard facing a 1965 scoreboard. One outside endzone that looks like 1975 and another with a giant protruding scoreboard half covered by banners that may or may not blow away. Now, a new corner addition that looks like it was just stuck on the end as an afterthought with a grey press box on top.
Auburn has a lot of smart people with experience in construction projects. How did this happen?

Well.....so here’s the deal.....see what happened was...ok the thing is....if you look at the big picture...................yeah I got nothing!

10 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

FE3A6418-6829-429F-96A8-AF2793739323.jpeg

52694F47-3287-41C1-9932-D92F89F11D13.jpeg

CF4B89DB-778A-41DF-A31F-B8EDB23B7BBF.jpeg

7F9D9730-8E71-4A1C-8DD0-9469A9865570.jpeg

that lamp and Tiger are sitting pretty for damage and vandalism. Seems larger street type lights off to the side would have been a better option.

The flush mounted lights along the sidewalk are a nice touch.

I like the new lockers, decor etc, just not quite fond of just putting the lockers around the wall and the floor being so open. I am sure it makes sense as far as addressing the team, but just a little bland on the setup for my taste. 

23 hours ago, CR said:

Now, a new corner addition that looks like it was just stuck on the end as an afterthought with a grey press box on top.

13 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Well.....so here’s the deal.....see what happened was...ok the thing is....if you look at the big picture...................yeah I got nothing!

So basically we took the the first photo here and added the second photo in the corner. :-\

781d4061cc6742d4ce661708bd582d6a.png

Screenshot_20180818-220804~2.png

On 8/18/2018 at 6:51 PM, AUBwins said:

I like the new lockers, decor etc, just not quite fond of just putting the lockers around the wall and the floor being so open. I am sure it makes sense as far as addressing the team, but just a little bland on the setup for my taste. 

I agree, don’t want to get bashed but I feel our locker room underwhelms compared to some of the locker rooms we’ve seen in recent years.

Plenty nice enough for something you really don’t spend that much time in but still. Any edge in recruiting is always nice.

On 8/17/2018 at 7:51 PM, augolf1716 said:

Ain't that just a beautiful sight:hanged:

When are we going to fix the ugly North end zone? Has there been a price tag set on making this much needed renovation? I am so sick of looking at all of the ugliness this brings to an otherwise beautiful stadium.  Fix this and get us up to  90,000 seating occupancy, and JHS will be a truly elite stadium that is should be. 

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

When are we going to fix the ugly North end zone? Has there been a price tag set on making this much needed renovation? I am so sick of looking at all of the ugliness this brings to an otherwise beautiful stadium.  Fix this and get us up to  90,000 seating occupancy, and JHS will be a truly elite stadium that is should be. 

@AuCivilEng1 shared his thoughts on this a few pages back. Not sure if it's absolute or not but it sounded like it made sense enough for me. Sounds like it's coming but it's part of the bigger plan. I think Greene will get us there. Like he said, need to be good stewards of the resources. Auburn needs to get it done because it's the right thing for Auburn. Not because somebody else beat you to it. Somebody is always going to build a better mousetrap. 

Love these pics. I think my cousin's business made some of the signage in here. Looks great. And I also think that now that this looks so nice, it makes that poor north endzone look worse. I hope a plan is in motion for that and that it is completed in my lifetime!

We need more design in the future....

A drop ceiling in the locker room? That carpet is horrendous. Lots of small signage everywhere. The showers suck. The massage chairs with an ACT ceiling, come on! Don't hit your head on the ceiling or smoke detectors... The whole thing was designed by some conservative designer or mechanical engineer. ?

The view from the new press box is nice. The entry and Heisman room look great. 

I like Mr. Greene, don't get me wrong, but I just don't know about him on the stadium issue. After watching the recent 'Driving the Plains' segment it sure seems like he uses a lot of the same phrases we've heard from the past. Things like, "I have to get my arms around it, a master plan, part of a study, must be prudent, etc." all sound way too familiar.

Those are the same kind of statements that have given us the distinction of being the only SEC West team without a major stadium improvement in the last 25 years. Some teams are on their second improvement in that time frame while we continue to look at the same open steel support in the North EZ from 30 years ago. We have seen some great studies, master plans and renderings over the last 3 decades, so there is that.  

37 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I want to know where is the damn kegs located.....................................

Out here in Oklahoma. Tapping them early Saturday AM. 

Archived