Jordan-Hare Stadium Renovation

logan adams

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/24/2018 at 8:09 PM, Zeek said:

I agree, don’t want to get bashed but I feel our locker room underwhelms compared to some of the locker rooms we’ve seen in recent years.

Plenty nice enough for something you really don’t spend that much time in but still. Any edge in recruiting is always nice.

True. I mean look at Oregon's lockerroom, and they reel in #1 recruiting class after #1 recruiting class.

1 hour ago, boisnumber1 said:

True. I mean look at Oregon's lockerroom, and they reel in #1 recruiting class after #1 recruiting class.

Forgot that I mentioned Oregon... oh wait I didn’t. Keep attacking a straw man if you want but I simply stated, “any edge would help.”

I’m confident in our new AD but I think Jay Jacobs definitely didn’t organize the best and most thought out constructions.

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Forgot that I mentioned Oregon... oh wait I didn’t. Keep attacking a straw man if you want but I simply stated, “any edge would help.”

I’m confident in our new AD but I think Jay Jacobs definitely didn’t organize the best and most thought out constructions.

Thats my point. You are insinuating the lockerroom is an "edge", yet you have nothing to back up that insinuation. We start losing recruits based on our lockerroom - when this one is absolutely fine - then we have bigger problems than facilities. Its not like this is a 1980s lockerroom. These type things are always overstated imo.

Allen Greene spoke with Marcello on the future of our facilities... Things are in the works, but it will all be based on the response from the fans.

22 hours ago, logan adams said:

Allen Greene spoke with Marcello on the future of our facilities... Things are in the works, but it will all be based on the response from the fans.

The fans have expressed themselves ad infinitum so they already know what the fans want. The fans want to get this done. What admin needs to do is lead and get this underway.

On 8/26/2018 at 8:00 PM, Zeek said:

Exactly. It’s been pointed out multiple times, by people “in the know”, specifically with regard to recruiting, how far we are falling behind in the “arms race” as far as facilities go, particularly against our SEC rivals. The current updates are an improvement over what we had but don’t gain us any ground/don’t keep pace with the programs we are competing against on the field and for recruits. We’re holding our own recruiting but I don’t think our facilities are helping us there...which, I think was your point.

21 hours ago, logan adams said:

My Lord!  Why can't they go back to the thousands of questionnaires they've distributed over the past 5 yrs, or review one of the dozen or more feasibility studies AU paid to have taken in that same time frame?  AU spent hundreds of thousands to get the opinion, and temperature of the fans and what they wanted in the line of improvements and enhancements to JHS.  They took those studies and went back the drawing board on numerous occasions - the fans/season ticket holders/donors/big $$ supporters have responded over and over and over again.

Sorry for the rant, but dang this is frustrating.

8 hours ago, fredst said:

Exactly. It’s been pointed out multiple times, by people “in the know”, specifically with regard to recruiting, how far we are falling behind in the “arms race” as far as facilities go, particularly against our SEC rivals. The current updates are an improvement over what we had but don’t gain us any ground/don’t keep pace with the programs we are competing against on the field and for recruits. We’re holding our own recruiting but I don’t think our facilities are helping us there...which, I think was your point.

Exactly! Thank you.

20 hours ago, logan adams said:

Question for everyone, what would our top 10 facilities needs be?

1. Football only facility essentially combining and enhancing the Watson building and the indoor facility with improvements throughout.

footballonly.jpghydroptherapy.jpgweightroom.jpg

2. Martin Aquatics Center was built in 1969...It'll be 50 soon. I think our Swim & Dive team have been competitive enough to earn a new facility. Also, add a pool for a new Water Polo team.

swimanddive.jpg

3. Jordan-Hare Stadium - fill in the back of the video board, brick in other areas, add a jumbotron where our high school scoreboard is, bring in the mother of all wifi, continue to improve the surround-sound aspect to our speakers, and if possible let's put seats in instead of the bench.

jordanhare.jpegjordanhare2.jpegjordanhare3.jpgjordanhare4.jpg

4. Honestly, I think the band could receive some more love. Their little field and building are uninspired.

5. Beach volleyball courts and added volleyball facilities.

beachvolleyball.jpg

6. Build a wrestling facility, get a D1 wrestling team, own the recruiting of all SE schools.

pennstate.jpgwrestling2.jpg

7. Build a lacrosse facility, start a lacrosse team, and enjoy

lacrosse.jpg

8. Now this is my own idea but... an "Away Game Theater" where a massive amount of fans can get together like a dine-in theater and watch away games as a community. Alcohol, merchandise, good food, and a good time!

dine in theater.jpg

9. General Athletic Center (GAC)

- An athletic facility for all athletes to gather, play games, eat, study, etc. created to promote intermingling between sports and building a stronger community. Essentially making an athletic dorm without the dorm part.

10. Out of ideas so something off the top of my head... a huge daycare facility where children can be left during game days so parents can tailgate, go to the game, and relax without their children overheating or feeling bored by "adult time". I'm talking about a cool facility where the kids can see some of the raptors, play on a big indoor playground, etc. Then the early childhood education majors can serve their internships their with supervising teachers and lessons on the history and traditions of Auburn. Aubie could hang with the kids too!

On 8/26/2018 at 4:09 PM, AUGoo said:

Looks great!

What part of this benefits my gameday experience?

My fridge is ALWAYS full of gameday experience benefits. :beer2:

20 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

The fans have expressed themselves ad infinitum so they already know what the fans want. The fans want to get this done. What admin needs to do is lead and get this underway.

I agree, it was just what he had mentioned. I love going to games, but at this point I just get bothered too much about the aesthetics to really enjoy the game. Sorry, I know, but true to me.

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

6. Build a wrestling facility, get a D1 wrestling team, own the recruiting of all SE schools.

pennstate.jpgwrestling2.jpg

This unfortunately will never happen.  Auburn used to have one of the nation's best wrestling programs.  Sent athletes to the Olympics, and my uncle was one of them. He was one of the last Auburn wrestlers however because Pat Dye wanted the wrestling money for his football program so they cut the program.  It is fun listening to his stories though.  Part of their practice was to climb up a rope hanging from them middle of the coliseum with not safety precautions.

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

This unfortunately will never happen.  Auburn used to have one of the nation's best wrestling programs.  Sent athletes to the Olympics, and my uncle was one of them. He was one of the last Auburn wrestlers however because Pat Dye wanted the wrestling money for his football program so they cut the program.  It is fun listening to his stories though.  Part of their practice was to climb up a rope hanging from them middle of the coliseum with not safety precautions.

Out of reactions but I attempted to like this. I think it's silly for them to not have wrestling. The sport has been growing like wildfire across the southeast and it's actually one of the most profitable sports in all of college athletics. Due to its low cost and how exciting it can actually be I think it wouldn't be a bad idea. I know it likely won't happen but I'm never giving up hope. If you had a D1 wrestling team at Auburn they would get the best talent from Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, parts of Texas, some of the Carolinas, and maybe even Tennessee. If you took the best 10 kids (10 starting weight classes) just from those states you'd be in the top 25 almost instantly. Add a decent coach and it skyrockets.

iowawrestling.jpg

Iowa wrestling packs out a basketball gym better than most college basketball teams!

23 minutes ago, logan adams said:

I agree, it was just what he had mentioned. I love going to games, but at this point I just get bothered too much about the aesthetics to really enjoy the game. Sorry, I know, but true to me.

I can understand this, feel the same about my old high school that drastically needs a face lift. It's frustrating when you know how good something could be and there's always something silly in the way. Green will handle it, just a matter of continuing to get his feet firmly planted in the soil before his roots can spread.

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I had some AU wrestlers who were friends of mine. Lord what a crazy bunch, even the football guys left them alone, and fun to party with. Quite a few from Oklahoma 

25 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I had some AU wrestlers who were friends of mine. Lord what a crazy bunch, even the football guys left them alone, and fun to party with. Quite a few from Oklahoma 

My uncle was actually born in Oklahoma too.  But went to high school at St. Paul’s in Mobile, AL

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 5:21 PM, IronMan70 said:

7 hours ago, logan adams said:

Right, right, my comment was directed at what Greene said too. I knew you were only telling us what that was. I hear you on the aesthetics. The exterior of the NEZ is beyond an embarrassment at this point.

11 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

jordanhare.jpeg

I want one of these please. ;D

I agree.  This exact one.   Heck if they did this,. I would be fine with waiting on the rest of the south endzone.   I know that is crazy,. But just make this happen.   

12 hours ago, abw0004 said:

A victim of Title 9, not Pat Dye (who by the way was a staunch advocate for bringing womens soccer to Auburn).

7 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

jordanhare.jpeg

I want one of these please. ;D

Just need to add the shoe box in the corner

Archived