Jordan-Hare Stadium Renovation

logan adams

All these improvements y'all keep clamoring for heck...

I just wish someone would pressure wash the upper decks....

16-332_2017-01_04.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Just need to add the shoe box in the corner

As long as there is a shoe box in both corners. Keep it symmetrical!

48 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

All these improvements y'all keep clamoring for heck...

I just wish someone would pressure wash the upper decks....

16-332_2017-01_04.jpg

Maybe we can convince AD G to get on the forum and gauge the pulse that way lol

In the spring of 1984 a Colonial Bank limousine pulled up to the 50 yard line at what is now Pat Dye field and the occupant got out and met a head coach and the athletic director. No names are necessary because this meeting never happened and all of the participants would deny that it did. The occupant of the limousine looked around and said the funding for the expansion from 72,000 to 85,000 would be forth coming with one condition. You will bring in the best acoustical engineers in this country and design this renovation to make this the loudest SEC football stadium in this conference even if it cost us some seating capacity. WHAT EVER YOU DO, DO NOT MUCK UP WHAT THE OCCUPANT OF THAT LIMOUSINE REQUIRED. 

19 minutes ago, Auburn1954 said:

In the spring of 1984 a Colonel Bank limousine pulled up to the 50 yard line at what is now Pat Dye field and the occupant got out and met a former head coach and the athletic director. No names are necessary because this meeting never happened and all of the participants would deny that it did. The occupant of the limousine looked around and said the funding for the expansion from 72,000 to 85,000 would be forth coming with one condition. You will bring in the best acoustical engineers in this country and design this renovation to make this the loudest SEC football stadium in this conference even if it cost us some seating capacity. WHAT EVER YOU DO, DO NOT MUCK UP WHAT THE OCCUPANT OF THAT LIMOUSINE REQUIRED. 

I assume you mean Colonial Bank and the person who got out wanted the stadium to be lowder, I mean louder. 

4 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I assume you mean Colonial Bank and the person who got out wanted the stadium to be lowder, I mean louder. 

Thank's for the edit, you are correct. Like him or not the results speak for themselves. 

1 hour ago, MaxP said:

How about we leave the stadium alone and lower tuition? I have four kids to send to college.

Not sure the two things are connected but amen about tuition. If you want to see the economy boom there’s one simple step that would lead to a domino effect.

1. Ban the “out of state” tuition practice and watch college tuition rates become competitive across state lines, and for the size of the student body to swell.

2. Now the prices are down but colleges are making the same or more due to rising attendance.

3. This puts less kids on student loans, or at least less soul crushing loans, and increases the skilled workforce in our country.

4. Less debt held by each student the better for the entire economy.

5. Remove interest rates from student loans so long as they don’t miss a payment. Half of what you pay on most loans is the daggum interest.

6. Teachers should be like churches. Don’t tax their income even $1 but in turn you can pay them a little less but enough that their take home pay is higher.

7. Finally, cut down on living costs at universities. I spent most of my money at an overpriced apartment complex run by the college. It was the cheapest option and it was still insanely inflated. Sadly the dorms cost more!

4 hours ago, MaxP said:

How about we leave the stadium alone and lower tuition? I have four kids to send to college.

Who let this pragmatist in!

:poke:

4 hours ago, Auburn1954 said:

In the spring of 1984 a Colonial Bank limousine pulled up to the 50 yard line at what is now Pat Dye field and the occupant got out and met a head coach and the athletic director. No names are necessary because this meeting never happened and all of the participants would deny that it did. The occupant of the limousine looked around and said the funding for the expansion from 72,000 to 85,000 would be forth coming with one condition. You will bring in the best acoustical engineers in this country and design this renovation to make this the loudest SEC football stadium in this conference even if it cost us some seating capacity. WHAT EVER YOU DO, DO NOT MUCK UP WHAT THE OCCUPANT OF THAT LIMOUSINE REQUIRED. 

Bobby, is that you?

18 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

jordanhare.jpeg

I want one of these please. ;D

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

Just need to add the shoe box in the corner

Ya gotta love it.  :slapfh:   

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

The Broadway Club ...

Capture.JPG

Very nice but the name Broadway makes me think of Joe (I want to kiss you) Namath. What the heck, I'll never get to sit there anyway so...

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Texas is doing a renovation that would have looked GREAT in Jordan Hare...

DKR Stadium Renovation

that looks really nice. I think it wont be long maybe already that we loath the stickon box in the corner without any regard to incorporating the Aubietron or future additions.

If they copy it on the other corner that will help.

1 hour ago, TigerOne said:

that looks really nice. I think it wont be long maybe already that we loath the stickon box in the corner without any regard to incorporating the Aubietron or future additions.

If they copy it on the other corner that will help.

Symmetry matters!

So do we have anything in the works for the stadium? We can do a damn brick fundraiser if needed. Everyone gets their name on a brick that they helped pay for.

Zeek, regarding your number 3. JHS - the first two pics are awesome.

The last two suck and look too much like Kyle Field and BDS.

Others on here seem to have same opinion by their responses. Hopefully powers that be will see this.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2018/09/auburn_board_approves_final_pr.html

Auburn's board of trustees gave final approval of a $4.5 million renovation of the suites on the East side of Jordan-Hare Stadium.

The university's property and facilities committee and full board approved the final project for the first of a two-phase renovation, which will install operable windows and fans, to the suites at Jordan-Hare Stadium during its meeting on Friday.

Auburn's design team will complete the plan for the suites, which were last renovated in 2004, and solicit bids and award a contract for construction, which will be conducted from Dec. through Aug. 2019.

Auburn opens the 2019 season against Oregon in Arlington, Texas before coming home to face Tulane on Sept. 7, 2019.

Auburn's board of trustees approved project initiation and the selection of a project architect, Stacy Norman Architects of Auburn, during its meeting in June. The second phase of the project, which will include interior renovations and HVAC system improvements, will be presented at a future date.

The university's board also approved Gaines Lanier's continued representation as a member of the Tigers Unlimited board.

James Crepea is an Auburn beat reporter for Alabama Media Group. Follow him on Twitter @JamesCrepea.

Can we just brick off the north and south ends please??

Anyone in construction that could guesstimate the cost of doing that?

On 8/28/2018 at 9:41 PM, IronMan70 said:

jordanhare.jpeg

I want one of these please. ;D

I'm more partial to this, but I'd happily take either one!

160427-aerial-10_orig.jpg

2 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Texas is doing a renovation that would have looked GREAT in Jordan Hare...

DKR Stadium Renovation

That looks good. Something similar to that could still be done to fill in around the jumbotron. Add 1 or 2 stories to the right and make a seamless transition the video board. Then duplicate it on the other side but give it some architectural detail.   

19 minutes ago, CT Tiger said:

I'm more partial to this, but I'd happily take either one!

160427-aerial-10_orig.jpg

Oh yes, either one will do, haha. I actually prefer the one in your pic with the video screens in the corners too.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Symmetry matters!

So do we have anything in the works for the stadium? We can do a damn brick fundraiser if needed. Everyone gets their name on a brick that they helped pay for.

Best idea I've heard. I'd happily throw down some serious dough for that. By serious, I mean $10.00. Lotta money.

stadium.jpg

This is really nice. It would be nice to have legitimate video boards in the corners opposite the Aubietron.

I'd also like for the back of the Aubietron to be covered up in some way.

Add another shoe box next to the other side of the Aubietron and make it a coaches office/player hangout lounge type thing. I don't care.

Archived