Jordan-Hare Stadium Renovation

logan adams

I'm all for contrast to keep things from being too boring, but what exactly was the thought here? Looks like they went to a few yard sales to save money. I probably matched the furniture in my first apartment better than this.

DlX9I_OW4AA8QW0.jpg large.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

I'm all for contrast to keep things from being too boring, but what exactly was the thought here? Looks like they went to a few yard sales to save money. I probably matched the furniture in my first apartment better than this.

I don’t know. Some deep, white shag carpet and lava lamps and that area would be awesome

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

The beauty is from the light beams streaming down from Heaven.  Nice effect.....

4 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

That looks good. Something similar to that could still be done to fill in around the jumbotron. Add 1 or 2 stories to the right and make a seamless transition the video board. Then duplicate it on the other side but give it some architectural detail.   

could even add more screens either side of the Aubietron to show stats, scores all the time. Reality; they would be covered with ads.

3 hours ago, fredst said:

I don’t know. Some deep, white shag carpet and lava lamps and that area would be awesome

It would look like Mike Brady’s den when Greg moved in.?

7 minutes ago, WVR said:

It made me think of Brady Bunch too. Just needs the strings of beads for a door. 

17 minutes ago, gr82be said:

It made me think of Brady Bunch too. Just needs the strings of beads for a door. 

You must be over 50 too gr82be. Not sure the younger crowd would have gotten it.

1 hour ago, WVR said:

It’s perfect!Gus can get a lime green leisure suit to wear when entertaining recruits!  I’m thinking @augolf1716 can really be a valuable consultant in this process?....

34 minutes ago, fredst said:

It’s perfect!Gus can get a lime green leisure suit to wear when entertaining recruits!  I’m thinking @augolf1716 can really be a valuable consultant in this process?....

Nope never own a leisure suit

I love Auburn and see every game I can. I’ve never written any comment before but I can no longer be silent. Our Jordan Hare Stadium just isn’t making it any longer. The guy that wrote it looks like it was built by seven different construction companies with seven different blue prints, dislike it as I do, but he’s right. Last week as I looked around it became clear. I suppose being such a true orange and blue fan I had chose not to see, believing those who must have a master plan would bring it together. Now I just don’t feel it’s possible. To me it looks like, after observing for awhile, five separate structures that have been  pushed together in hopes of a nice facility emerging. Sorry, but the way things are now it’s not going to happen. This whole thing needs to be rethought. Expensive, no doubt, but some parts have to go and the rest brought together such that it looks like a facility that was built from one set of plans, not necessarily at the same time but from the same plans. The press box does look like an afterthought regardless of where others put their box. Good looks and good planning equals pride and a good feeling about the school I chose and support. Pride is priceless and I’ll buy my share of bonds. Just show me a stadium that I’ll feel good/better about investing in, and I don’t think that’s too much to ask. We’re approaching the bottom in looks inside and out in the SEC. Lastly, we need to add those 100K+ seats so we’re not “adding them” in the future. It will happen.

On 9/21/2018 at 6:56 PM, WVR said:

Greg moved into the attic, not the den. Get it right! Lol; kidding of course...

Remember, Marcia and him got into an argument over who gets the attic. I would’ve simply moved into the attic with Marcia, but maybe that’s just me.

1 hour ago, Glenn Calfee said:

I love Auburn and see every game I can. I’ve never written any comment before but I can no longer be silent. Our Jordan Hare Stadium just isn’t making it any longer. The guy that wrote it looks like it was built by seven different construction companies with seven different blue prints, dislike it as I do, but he’s right. Last week as I looked around it became clear. I suppose being such a true orange and blue fan I had chose not to see, believing those who must have a master plan would bring it together. Now I just don’t feel it’s possible. To me it looks like, after observing for awhile, five separate structures that have been  pushed together in hopes of a nice facility emerging. Sorry, but the way things are now it’s not going to happen. This whole thing needs to be rethought. Expensive, no doubt, but some parts have to go and the rest brought together such that it looks like a facility that was built from one set of plans, not necessarily at the same time but from the same plans. The press box does look like an afterthought regardless of where others put their box. Good looks and good planning equals pride and a good feeling about the school I chose and support. Pride is priceless and I’ll buy my share of bonds. Just show me a stadium that I’ll feel good/better about investing in, and I don’t think that’s too much to ask. We’re approaching the bottom in looks inside and out in the SEC. Lastly, we need to add those 100K+ seats so we’re not “adding them” in the future. It will happen.

Post more. 

4 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Greg moved into the attic, not the den. Get it right! Lol; kidding of course...

Remember, Marcia and him got into an argument over who gets the attic. I would’ve simply moved into the attic with Marcia, but maybe that’s just me.

He moved into the attic AFTER he moved into Mike’s Den!!! I know my Brady Bunch.?

1 hour ago, WVR said:

He moved into the attic AFTER he moved into Mike’s Den!!! I know my Brady Bunch.?

Did he actually live in the den? 

9 minutes ago, logan adams said:

Watched the video on Alabama's upgrades and it makes me shed a tear. 

I think Greene will do great things but there are definitely some head scratching decisions. Journalists absolutely can't stand being in the corner from what I've seen on Twitter.

On 9/29/2018 at 11:57 AM, Glenn Calfee said:

you are dead on accurate with your assessment and wish that the powers that be will make something happen and get JHS up to par and beyond soon.

28 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I think Greene will do great things but there are definitely some head scratching decisions. Journalists absolutely can't stand being in the corner from what I've seen on Twitter.

Greene can only do so much. Big time Donors just have little to no desire to make upgrades to Jordan Hare right now. It is pretty bad when a basketball school like kentucky is putting millions and millions down for major stadium upgrades and we are just letting Jordan Hare once a cathedral turn in too a decaying hunk of junk.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Greene can only do so much. Big time Donors just have little to no desire to make upgrades to Jordan Hare right now. It is pretty bad when a basketball school like kentucky is putting millions and millions down for major stadium upgrades and we are just letting Jordan Hare once a cathedral is now a decaying hunk of junk.

True, no energy around our program. Even before our loss to LSU I was really disappointed with the stadium's environment the first few games. Even walking around Toomer's there just isn't a "buzz" around campus or the town. Like or dislike Gus he's not the guy to drum up excitement.

Kentucky has a lot more hype around them right now then we've had for a few years. People can point to last season all they want but 4 losses is still extremely frustrating with the roster we had last season and how they showed they could play when handled correctly.

Archived