Jordan-Hare Stadium Renovation

logan adams

Plans revised ...

Auburn has revised its plans for the proposed renovation of the North end zone of Jordan-Hare Stadium to no longer include one large video scoreboard but instead have two "smaller" scoreboards.

Auburn athletic director Jay Jacobs said a decision was made last week to change from the plans released in December.

"We probably won't have a big scoreboard in the North end if we move forward with this project," Jacobs said Wednesday on the school's in-house coverage of National Signing Day. "We'll probably have two on the corners because that makes a better view for everybody in the stadium. Some people's view(s) were blocked with that big scoreboard just in (the) end zone.

"Right now if we were to move forward, it would be two smaller video boards. But the funny thing about it is, those two smaller ones, they say they're as big as what we used to have in the South end. So you have to put small in perspective."

http://www.al.com/au..._for_north.html

LOL @ "smaller".

Blocked what view? The single scoreboard at least in the renderings seemed to provide some continuity and is different from all the other stadiums with multiple scoreboards.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plans revised ...

Auburn has revised its plans for the proposed renovation of the North end zone of Jordan-Hare Stadium to no longer include one large video scoreboard but instead have two "smaller" scoreboards.

Auburn athletic director Jay Jacobs said a decision was made last week to change from the plans released in December.

"We probably won't have a big scoreboard in the North end if we move forward with this project," Jacobs said Wednesday on the school's in-house coverage of National Signing Day. "We'll probably have two on the corners because that makes a better view for everybody in the stadium. Some people's view(s) were blocked with that big scoreboard just in (the) end zone.

"Right now if we were to move forward, it would be two smaller video boards. But the funny thing about it is, those two smaller ones, they say they're as big as what we used to have in the South end. So you have to put small in perspective."

LOL @ "smaller".

Blocked what view? The single scoreboard at least in the renderings seemed to provide some continuity and is different from all the other stadiums with multiple scoreboards.

I also liked the original because of how everyone else had the multiple screens. A little disappointed in this but I suppose we would need to see the design first.

Plans revised ...

LOL @ "smaller".

I also liked the original because of how everyone else had the multiple screens. A little disappointed in this but I suppose we would need to see the design first.

There was a rendering of a proposed expansion a year or two ago that showed smaller screens in each corner. Looked pretty good. Of course now they've put in Aubietron and the design of the development is different so who knows how it will look.

I'm of mixed feelings about this renovation. The cost of tickets has priced me out of going to the games live, with the exception of one or two games a year. But I want Jordan-Hare to be second to none. I lean on adding more "cheap" seats and increasing seating capacity but I know courting the big-wigs is the money option. I would love to see us add a bunch of endzone seats that would be kept at a lower price and a program for getting those tickets in the hands of groups like Boy Scouts/Girl Scouts, programs that work with lower income kids, Boys Clubs, etc. I would love to see a whole generation of kids come to be Auburn fans instead of Tide fanatics.

What will the seating capacity be after all is done? Yes. I have searched and haven't found any total stadium capacity numbers.

After reading the entire article it looks like Jacobs is in the process of asking for financial pledges from our fanbase to fund this project? He's basically telling the "Auburn Family" that this thing will go forward only if the "Auburn Family" opens up their wallet.

For some reason I thought the feasibility studies were done early last year and that's when Jay scraped the whole thing and went back to the drawing board last May. Now the plans have changed again and he expects to have a new cost estimate for the potential renovations to be announced in March. Meanwhile he's getting feedback from the family to see who's willing to pony up the $$ to fund it and then if he gets enough contributors he'll take it to the Board for approval. Is this right?

It feels like we've been bogged down in the preliminary phases for years while other SEC programs are throwing brick 'n mortar.

After reading the entire article it looks like Jacobs is in the process of asking for financial pledges from our fanbase to fund this project? He's basically telling the "Auburn Family" that this thing will go forward only if the "Auburn Family" opens up their wallet.

For some reason I thought the feasibility studies were done early last year and that's when Jay scraped the whole thing and went back to the drawing board last May. Now the plans have changed again and he expects to have a new cost estimate for the potential renovations to be announced in March. Meanwhile he's getting feedback from the family to see who's willing to pony up the $$ to fund it and then if he gets enough contributors he'll take it to the Board for approval. Is this right?

It feels like we've been bogged down in the preliminary phases for years while other SEC programs are throwing brick 'n mortar.

Paying coaches who don't work here anymore will slow things down.

Paying coaches who don't work here anymore will slow things down.

That is old news. IF you look at the operating costs breakdown from last few years, we are NOT paying out that much anymore to fired coaches. That is another reason we are in the black this past FY. Other than the baseball coach (which we are possibly in a legal fight because we are not paying his serverance pay due to just cause). most fired coaches are being paid very little.

Plans revised ...

LOL @ "smaller".

i think he has gotten feedback from those who have trouble seeing the big video board from their vantage point. I think it limits good viewing if you are on the sides. With 2 video screens they will be in the corners so each side can get a better view of what is playing.

And i dont think it is a bad idea..as it gives different options for viewing and isn't killing the design consistentcy.

Plans revised ...

This is true, especially for some of the most premium seats in the stadium. If you are in either of the three club levels and you are more than a couple of rows from the front of the club level, or if you are in a suite and are in the entertainment area of the suite, you can't see all of the current score board. While I really like the look of the board, and think it will help sell premium seats in the soon to be renovated north end zone, it was a little bit of a negative for the current premium seat holders.

if you put two smaller boards and they are lower down, then everyone can see a board. And yes, there are TV's with closed circuit broadcast of what's on the big board scattered throughout the back few rows, but there is a 2-3 second delay, which is really annoying.

I'm sure having dealt with boards and authorities as well as public comments the deal is not JJs

I think we all know the ultimate decision and renovation plan approval is not JJs. The Board has to sign-off their approval.

My questions arise strictly due to the fact that this project has been strung out and it appears we are in for another long, drawn out process. The renovation "discussion" and planning has been on the agenda for probably 5 years. We've seen other programs in the SEC move forward with their development, renovation and expansion plans in a rapid fashion in the last couple of years. I feel like AU is lagging behind in actually getting the plans to come to fruition, I just don't understand why?

The University of Louisville announced their new stadium improvements, expansion and new football facilities. The stadium will have one videotron in one EZ and two at the corners of the opposite EZ.

Check out this video, the way it's presented is pretty cool. The new stadium, which also includes new football facilities, begins at the 1 minute mark and continues to the end.

I'm sure having dealt with boards and authorities as well as public comments the deal is not JJs

I think we all know the ultimate decision and renovation plan approval is not JJs. The Board has to sign-off their approval.

My questions arise strictly due to the fact that this project has been strung out and it appears we are in for another long, drawn out process. The renovation "discussion" and planning has been on the agenda for probably 5 years. We've seen other programs in the SEC move forward with their development, renovation and expansion plans in a rapid fashion in the last couple of years. I feel like AU is lagging behind in actually getting the plans to come to fruition, I just don't understand why?

Sorry that's what I mean , I'm sure apeasing all of the different groups that these plans must be approved by is the hold up, it's truly like trying to push a rope or better yet trying to herd cats.

What will the seating capacity be after all is done? Yes. I have searched and haven't found any total stadium capacity numbers.

Not expected to add any seats. Capacity should remain similar.

The University of Louisville announced their new stadium improvements, expansion and new football facilities. The stadium will have one videotron in one EZ and two at the corners of the opposite EZ.

Check out this video, the way it's presented is pretty cool. The new stadium, which also includes new football facilities, begins at the 1 minute mark and continues to the end.

I love the presentation. Well done. It truly helps to picture what the stadium will look like. Nice looking stadium.

• 2 weeks later...

Jay sending out another survey just means Jay does not want or have the support to build this expansion so don't get your hopes up just yet. I'm guess the PTB don't trust Jay to build this and Jay sending out another survey will be a way for Jay to say it's not needed.

I'll bump this. FWIW.

Jay sending out another survey just means Jay does not want or have the support to build this expansion so don't get your hopes up just yet. I'm guess the PTB don't trust Jay to build this and Jay sending out another survey will be a way for Jay to say it's not needed.

I'll bump this. FWIW.

Well that's just great.

I'll bump this. FWIW.

Well that's just great.

Money people don't want or trust Jay to do this. Is what it is.

The team has a reasonable turn-around next year, and the money people will have a change of heart. We have a 2013 style turn-around and the purse strings will be WIDE open.

Jacobs has pissed off and pissed on the wrong "money" folks. The purse strings should have been WIDE open due to that 2013 season, but Jay screwed some heavy donors with the ticket fiasco and those folks won't pony up the money Jay is asking the big donors to pay to support this project.

JMHO, from what I gathered from an acquaintance that has been a huge financial supporter of AU athletics for years. He received the letter from Jacobs a couple of weeks ago which basically said if the donors wanted the project they'd have to be willing to open up their wallets.

I'll bump this. FWIW.

Well that's just great.

Money people don't want or trust Jay to do this. Is what it is.

It stinks, but I can't say that I blame them.

Archived