Jordan-Hare Stadium Renovation

logan adams

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the new designs, anyone know how many seats it would add in the north endzone area? Designs look good.

Love the renderings. Heck lets do both the north and south endzone why not both. I know the university can raise the money. Move he students/band to the North West corner out of the sun put the visiting fans in the old student area... and in the upper deck corners.

I'm in favour of the new locker rooms, etc for the players..

The ones currently have too much gyp, exposed conduit. We could do way better.

Yes. Red those renderings are different.

I prefer the one with the Orange seats and not seeing the corner circulation towers.

The brick helps tie it all together, doesn't matter that is not a mirrored version. Don't want to be like turd town anyway..those symmetrical traditional bastards.

I love Tre striking the heisman pose in the lounge walkway. Nice touch

I like it. And all I can say is I'm glad I'm not a student anymore because the congestion of building those awnings around Heisman Drive was painful enough as a transit rider. It will be 50-fold worse if they're renovating the entire exterior of JHS.

Another thought, we're now going to have 4 exterior sides of JHS with absolutely no cohesion ... they'll all look different ...

I like that, honestly. It makes it more unique. I do wish that we would brick the facade underneath the video board we just added.

My family loosing the seats that we have had for 6 years. We love the "cheap" lower end zone seats where our kids can see Aubie and the Eagles up close. I hate to say it, but this expansion is probably the final straw for us.

I'm guessing we are in the minority x2 because we also don't like the new scoreboard. It's not the scoreboard itself so much as the way it is being used. 90% of the time it's just a ridiculous/distracting fan candid camera show. It's makes us uncomfortable because we feel like we have to watch carefully all the time to see if a camera might be pointed toward us. During TV breaks, the board could be filled with 2.5 minute AU history films like greatest hits, greatest players, greatest returns, greatest catches, etc. In between plays it could show candid shots of players/coaches on the sidelines or instant replays. What a wasted opportunity!?!

In summary, our game day experience is at Auburn is rapidly declining, so we have decided to save our money and cheer loudly from our couch in the future. We are not really bitter about all these unfortunate changes. Sad would probably be the best adjective to describe our feelings as we love Auburn and have had a lot of fun at Jordan-Hare over the years.

My family loosing the seats that we have had for 6 years. We love the "cheap" lower end zone seats where our kids can see Aubie and the Eagles up close. I hate to say it, but this expansion is probably the final straw for us.

I'm guessing we are in the minority x2 because we also don't like the new scoreboard. It's not the scoreboard itself so much as the way it is being used. 90% of the time it's just a ridiculous/distracting fan candid camera show. It's makes us uncomfortable because we feel like we have to watch carefully all the time to see if a camera might be pointed toward us. During TV breaks, the board could be filled with 2.5 minute AU history films like greatest hits, greatest players, greatest returns, greatest catches, etc. In between plays it could show candid shots of players/coaches on the sidelines or instant replays. What a wasted opportunity!?!

In summary, our game day experience is at Auburn is rapidly declining, so we have decided to save our money and cheer loudly from our couch in the future. We are not really bitter about all these unfortunate changes. Sad would probably be the best adjective to describe our feelings as we love Auburn and have had a lot of fun at Jordan-Hare over the years.

You also have to realize that there are some people that get just as excited about being on the "TV" as they do being at the game if not more so. The seeking is intended to boost fan engagement and give someone a quick 5 seconds of fame. I can understand losing the close seats towards the bottom, but not liking the scoreboard usage? They usually do the history stuff before the games too.

Archived