Jordan-Hare Stadium Renovation

logan adams

On 2/6/2018 at 8:34 AM, GwillMac6 said:

And they finally put that money to good use by giving  a national title winning coach a contract he could not refuse and FSU could not match. THAT is how you throw money around. That was a master class. Jimbo had no real intentions of ever leaving fsu unless he got a godfather like offer like that. A guy who I would like to add would take our recruiting to the next level and finally get us over the hump. The SEC West just got a lot tougher. TAMU was always a sleeping giant.

Jimmbo has wanted out of FSU for some time now.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On February 5, 2018 at 8:49 AM, logan adams said:

#2 and #3 are practically the same, but instead of one large board, there’s two smaller boards on the corners. This is the renovation that I am dying for. I think it looks “cooler” with one board up there, but two boards would be better. Just imagine standing on the open mezzanine and looking up to see a massive video board. Would be sweet. 

Actually now that you point that out, I like our one Mega Board and then have two smaller ones in the corners Shown below.   Now if someone could please photoshop the beautiful JHS pic below with our new addition to the right of megatron and then add one to the left as well we would have something to really envision.  

160427-aerial-10_orig.jpg

9 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Any news on when new pictures will come as to what Jordan-Hare might look like after the renovations are done?

IMG_0607.JPG

IMG_0608.JPG

IMG_0609.JPG

19 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Any news on when new pictures will come as to what Jordan-Hare might look like after the renovations are done?

What renovations? Beyond the detached building to the right of the scoreboard and the suites renovation, there’s nothing else. 

Is seating expansion a part of the renovation process? If so, how many more seats are we looking at. As for TAMU, I think TAMU is in for some serious disappointment with Jimbo. The TAMU coaches curse. It happened to Jackie Sherril and Franchioni. You heard it hear first from the Doc. Sumlin part II is about to happen. Look for perpetual 8-4 type seasons for the next 3-4 years!

10 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Is seating expansion a part of the renovation process? If so, how many more seats are we looking at. As for TAMU, I think TAMU is in for some serious disappointment with Jimbo. The TAMU coaches curse. It happened to Jackie Sherril and Franchioni. You heard it hear first from the Doc. Sumlin part II is about to happen. Look for perpetual 8-4 type seasons for the next 3-4 years!

The renderings that are shown previously don’t have any drastic additions. Maybe just put us over the edge of 90k, but not much more. 

7 hours ago, logan adams said:

The renderings that are shown previously don’t have any drastic additions. Maybe just put us over the edge of 90k, but not much more. 

90,000 and change is a good number. It puts us near UGA and past UF.  We really do not need a 100,000 seat stadium and 90,000 is just the right number.

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I'm in the north endzone

I wonder if who took that picture had a vision of a big and powerful TV the size of half of the stadium would one day grace the end zone many moons to come!

8 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I wonder if who took that picture had a vision of a big and powerful TV the size of half of the stadium would one day grace the end zone many moons to come!

Probably more concerned on cows wondering onto the field lol

21 hours ago, Zeek said:

On a different note we need a poll for this

https://goo.gl/forms/6MeG7lTnqyNVSpau2

there is a quick survey since I can't add a poll to this thread and I don't want to create a different topic for a poll on this matter.

I'm disappointed that they didn't put in the option of expanding the stadium AND upgrading to seats so that we could be at or a little above the same capacity, but have one of the most comfortable stadiums in the country.

Think Titan hit a homerun with this from the Bunker. He is 100% right. 

"I wouldn't mind seeing Auburn incorporate Penn State's plan into any north endzone expansion: PSU's stadium capacity will drop from 107,000 to 103,000 because they are replacing a lot of bleachers with chairback seats. UNC is doing the same. Would be one of the best things ever. Give me some defined personal space folks can't cheat over on. And they need to have cup holders. So tired of someone knocking over a drink all over everyone's stuff because there's no safe place to put the cups.

If we did it right in combining it with an expansion at the same time, we wouldn't lose that much in overall capacity. But having a more comfortable seat would make being there for 4 hours much more enjoyable." 

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Think Titan hit a homerun with this from the Bunker. He is 100% right. 

"I wouldn't mind seeing Auburn incorporate Penn State's plan into any north endzone expansion: PSU's stadium capacity will drop from 107,000 to 103,000 because they are replacing a lot of bleachers with chairback seats. UNC is doing the same. Would be one of the best things ever. Give me some defined personal space folks can't cheat over on. And they need to have cup holders. So tired of someone knocking over a drink all over everyone's stuff because there's no safe place to put the cups.

If we did it right in combining it with an expansion at the same time, we wouldn't lose that much in overall capacity. But having a more comfortable seat would make being there for 4 hours much more enjoyable." 

I agree, id be fine with 90k range if it meant having seat backs and not having captain Hugh Mungus taking up most of my seat. Dear God I'm tired of soda being spilled behind me and getting on the bottom of my shoes.

28 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I agree, id be fine with 90k range if it meant having seat backs and not having captain Hugh Mungus taking up most of my seat. Dear God I'm tired of soda being spilled behind me and getting on the bottom of my shoes.

"Soda".  Riiiiiggghhhtttt....

:drink9:

23 hours ago, doc4aday said:

90,000 and change is a good number. It puts us near UGA and past UF.  We really do not need a 100,000 seat stadium and 90,000 is just the right number.

I agree. Push it over 90k.  Give the students another section.  

Heck an adjacent box to the left of megatron could go to Grad Student level seating or non-athletic recruiting.  

5 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

And they need to have cup holders. So tired of someone knocking over a drink all over everyone's stuff because there's no safe place to put the cups.

I like the arena cup holders though the angle means you need to drink 1/3 of it so it won't spill when you put it in there. lol

5 hours ago, Zeek said:

6F90E45C-DAF4-432C-87A0-9E59EACA8AE5.png

4 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

I agree. Push it over 90k.  Give the students another section.  

Heck an adjacent box to the left of megatron could go to Grad Student level seating or non-athletic recruiting.  

I think giving more seating to students is the right direction to go with increasing seating. Students need to be treated well and given the opportunity to attend games without breaking the bank to go to games.

Are there any deadlines when all of this is going to be completed? If not, AD Greene needs to get the fire going and get this done.

1. Football only facility

2. Finishing renovations to JHS

These should be on the top of the AD's list of things that need to be addressed asap.

3 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I think giving more seating to students is the right direction to go with increasing seating. Students need to be treated well and given the opportunity to attend games without breaking the bank to go to games.

They bring more noise too...  Or atleast can get louder when needed.   

11 hours ago, Zeek said:

Gotta make room for the bourbon man...............come on! and why are you sitting?

Archived