Jordan-Hare Stadium Renovation

logan adams

17 minutes ago, LeaderKee4AU said:

Who knows? Meanwhile, they’re also about to renovate the suites on the east side of JHS. Odds are that the North End Zone project is probably gonna start up after the football-only facility gets built.

You are 

17 minutes ago, LeaderKee4AU said:

Who knows? Meanwhile, they’re also about to renovate the suites on the east side of JHS. Odds are that the North End Zone project is probably gonna start up after the football-only facility gets built.

It could be years before it gets done. They ought to at least put some kind of facade on the NEZ to improve its looks. They could get some kind of heavy vinyl type of  material with Auburn logos that can be raised and lowered in sections that would cover the NEZ to hide its ugliness! This could be a stop gap solution till the bricks can be put in place for a permanent solution.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

If the best Gus can do is win 7, 8 or 9 during the next 3 to 4 years, he will be gone long before his new 7 year contract runs out.

download.jpeg

3 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

If the best Gus can do is win 7, 8 or 9 during the next 3 to 4 years, he will be gone long before his new 7 year contract runs out.

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

tenor-1.gif

10 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

tumblr_mltyiuCZND1s90ktto1_500.gif

On 6/28/2018 at 10:22 PM, AUsince72 said:

giphy.gif

I don't know how this fit into the thread but this gif is so damn funny it deserved a "like" ?

2 hours ago, fredst said:

I don't know how this fit into the thread but this gif is so damn funny it deserved a "like" ?

It actually didn't.  Which was kinda the point as the post I replied to didn't either. ?

I think I have a man crush on Greene. It’s nice to have people in charge that are well spoken, in shape, and decent looking. It’s a nice face to present to the public and his energy is refreshing.

52 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I think I have a man crush on Greene. It’s nice to have people in charge that are well spoken, in shape, and decent looking. It’s a nice face to present to the public and his energy is refreshing.

I just hope the locker room is top notch. 

I gave up my season tickets because there is just not enough seat and leg room.  I had pretty nice seats and paid dearly for them but, at 6’4”, my knees where always in the person’s back in from of me, my elbows where in my lap, and no one dared leave their seat to go anywhere because everyone on the row would have to do a Keanu Reeves ‘Matrix’ move to let them walk by.  It’s 87K sardines IMHO.

10 hours ago, AUnMS said:

I gave up my season tickets because there is just not enough seat and leg room.  I had pretty nice seats and paid dearly for them but, at 6’4”, my knees where always in the person’s back in from of me, my elbows where in my lap, and no one dared leave their seat to go anywhere because everyone on the row would have to do a Keanu Reeves ‘Matrix’ move to let them walk by.  It’s 87K sardines IMHO.

I gave mine up because I was paying the scholarship “donation” for good seats (no room in the nice orange covered seats at the time), then my wife and I got crammed into one of the two because of the fat a**** on either side of us spilling over onto ours. 

That's why i want AU to move towards real seats not bleachers over time. Yes, it will reduce number of seats, but if you charge just a little more, most people would pick chairback seats over fighting to squeeze into bleacher seats.

It's time to go the  way of others to get into the 21st century in fan comfort. :) 

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

That's why i want AU to move towards real seats not bleachers over time. Yes, it will reduce number of seats, but if you charge just a little more, most people would pick chairback seats over fighting to squeeze into bleacher seats.

It's time to go the  way of others to get into the 21st century in fan comfort. :) 

I don't think we need to do ANYTHING that will reduce the overall amount of seats. There is a reason playing at home is a very real advantage for us... Reducing the amount of people who can attend also reduces the home field advantage. 

But then again, I'm on the side that thinks we need to expand seating. Yeah it's difficult to fill the stadium up sometimes, but thats a simple fix. Stop playing games like Georgia Southern, and stop playing OOC games that SHOULD be home games in neutral sites. If we played quality OOC games and played no neutral site games, we would find it easier to fill JHS. Now, I'm not saying play tOSU or Clemson as our OOC games, but playing brand names that aren't at the top of their game is a different story. The Northwesterns, Minnesotas, and Boston Colleges of the world would jump at the opportunity to play home and home series with us. We can feast on them, and don't need the UL Monroes, Citadels, and Georgia Southerns to win our OOC games. 

If we changed that up, we would have no problem filling the stadium. And we would have no problem filling more seats either. 

And we wouldn't be taking away the very thing that makes it so difficult to beat us at home. More fans without significant stadium changes = louder stadium. 

2 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I don't think we need to do ANYTHING that will reduce the overall amount of seats. There is a reason playing at home is a very real advantage for us... Reducing the amount of people who can attend also reduces the home field advantage. 

But then again, I'm on the side that thinks we need to expand seating. Yeah it's difficult to fill the stadium up sometimes, but thats a simple fix. Stop playing games like Georgia Southern, and stop playing OOC games that SHOULD be home games in neutral sites. If we played quality OOC games and played no neutral site games, we would find it easier to fill JHS. Now, I'm not saying play tOSU or Clemson as our OOC games, but playing brand names that aren't at the top of their game is a different story. The Northwesterns, Minnesotas, and Boston Colleges of the world would jump at the opportunity to play home and home series with us. We can feast on them, and don't need the UL Monroes, Citadels, and Georgia Southerns to win our OOC games. 

If we changed that up, we would have no problem filling the stadium. And we would have no problem filling more seats either. 

And we wouldn't be taking away the very thing that makes it so difficult to beat us at home. More fans without significant stadium changes = louder stadium. 

Well said.

I agree that JHS should not reduce the capacity at all. I’m on the side of not only expanding the stadium, but making the stadium even louder, & lowering the ticket prices.

35 minutes ago, LeaderKee4AU said:

Well said.

I agree that JHS should not reduce the capacity at all. I’m on the side of not only expanding the stadium, but making the stadium even louder, & lowering the ticket prices.

Agree,. Any renovation we do should also include a study on how to keep crowd noise in the stadium..  

2 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Agree,. Any renovation we do should also include a study on how to keep crowd noise in the stadium..  

For that, they need to contact the firm that designed Autzen Stadiums remodel in Eugene Oregon. That stadium only sits 60k but I've heard it 10x louder than I've ever heard JHS. 

https://www.si.com/college-football/2014/09/05/stadium-spotlight-autzen-stadium-oregon

3 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

For that, they need to contact the firm that designed Autzen Stadiums remodel in Eugene Oregon. That stadium only sits 60k but I've heard it 10x louder than I've ever heard JHS. 

https://www.si.com/college-football/2014/09/05/stadium-spotlight-autzen-stadium-oregon

Been there. Fun environment.   I am not sure it is 10x louder.   It does sit above the field so I beleive they get an echoing affect on the field.   Also think the stadium is fill with more student on a ratio basis,. But not sure on that.  

12 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Been there. Fun environment.   I am not sure it is 10x louder.   It does sit above the field so I beleive they get an echoing affect on the field.   Also think the stadium is fill with more student on a ratio basis,. But not sure on that.  

I've seen the bars at JHS filled to the max. And it wasn't close to how loud Autzen is. I don't know if they still have the bars with the tiger at the max, it's been almost 2 decades since I've been to JHS.. 

But every single game I've seen at Autzen, when I left, my ears would ring like they did on the 2nd row of the Tool concert I attended in St Louis. 

That's significantly louder than I've ever heard JHS. It may not be 10 times louder, but it's close. And I've never had my ears ringing after a game at JHS. With a little less than  half the crowd size. 

22 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I am not talking about a drastic cut in seats.  don't know what you thought the seating would be reduced too but I am not talking about replacing ALL the bleachers, but I want more chairback seats to be able to move to.

And as someone else said, there will be plenty of noise in our stadium, and if there is a way to increase crowd noise then look into it. I am not talking about reducing our seating to 65,000 or so. I am only talking a few thousand. 

And I am all for increased seating, if that is an option, so they can be chairback seats. But as others have said here,  I think we are maxed out on getting more fans in the seats. And that is due to so much tv access AND the cost of tickets. Unless we starting winning like ALabama has over the last 10 years, and more kids and parents want to be a part of a dominant program, we are going to stay at our current size or simply improve the current seating.

Increased seating will be very small, in the near future...if at all. 

On 7/16/2018 at 8:30 AM, fredst said:

I gave mine up because I was paying the scholarship “donation” for good seats (no room in the nice orange covered seats at the time), then my wife and I got crammed into one of the two because of the fat a**** on either side of us spilling over onto ours. 

bird must have been next to you.....aka fat ass

11 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I've seen the bars at JHS filled to the max. And it wasn't close to how loud Autzen is. I don't know if they still have the bars with the tiger at the max, it's been almost 2 decades since I've been to JHS.. 

But every single game I've seen at Autzen, when I left, my ears would ring like they did on the 2nd row of the Tool concert I attended in St Louis. 

That's significantly louder than I've ever heard JHS. It may not be 10 times louder, but it's close. And I've never had my ears ringing after a game at JHS. With a little less than  half the crowd size. 

If Autzen has ever been louder than the 1989 Iron Bowl then they've got something. I was there and couldn't hear until Sunday evening. I didn't go in 2013 but I imagine it was the same thing at the end. 

Archived