Jordan-Hare Stadium Renovation

logan adams

Just now, fredst said:

“Eyesore” was the word that came to my mind, lol.

Worst reminds me of Legion Field from the 60's freezing my ass off

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Close up from inside JHS 

623F74D5-2308-4A5E-BFB5-795D0A650300.jpeg

Honestly, the first thing I thought when I saw this was "This is going to help the stadium be even louder with it's ability to help keep the sound in that corner."  :laugh:

15 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Are they going to close end the other 3 corners after the 2018 season? It would look a ot better if all 4 corners are closed in.

48 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Honestly, the first thing I thought when I saw this was "This is going to help the stadium be even louder with it's ability to help keep the sound in that corner."  :laugh:

Got me thinking (always dangerous?).

Choral acoustic shells for the other three corners would be cheap.

Portable ones could turn away-game visitors' sections into home sweet home.

hdZhkkd.jpg

Jordan-Hare looks good with the renovation. I'm looking forward to see what other renovations will take place after the last home game of the season against Liberty.

I was on campus yesterday and the new structure is much larger than picture have it.   I am talking about the view from outside of the stadium...   If one just looks at the structure,. It pretty impressive.  However,. It is only glimps of what we really could/should do.     

I see it,.  I like it,. and I challenge Green to take JHS to the next level,. In it's entirety.     

16 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

I was on campus yesterday and the new structure is much larger than picture have it.   I am talking about the view from outside of the stadium...   If one just looks at the structure,. It pretty impressive.  However,. It is only glimps of what we really could/should do.     

I see it,.  I like it,. and I challenge Green to take JHS to the next level,. In it's entirety.     

I can see them carrying the outside façade past the exposed jumbotron structure all the way to the other side and duplicating the addition. But on the inside of the stadium, the architectural detail (or lack thereof) of the "box" needs to be improved. 

It'll be interesting to see how the pregame goes now that the locker room is and entrance is on the corner. Have we seen the last of the band making an AU for the players to run through?

I just hope the folks who shell out 1600 bucks to watch Tiger Walk in the new addition have a nice view.

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

It'll be interesting to see how the pregame goes now that the locker room is and entrance is on the corner. Have we seen the last of the band making an AU for the players to run through?

I’ve been wondering about the band formation. Will be interesting to see. 

4 minutes ago, logan adams said:

I’ve been wondering about the band formation. Will be interesting to see. 

Just flip the AU and run through the left leg and out through the top. 

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Just flip the AU and run through the left leg and out through the top. 

Whoever puts together the marching band's pregame choreography is going to have to be dug out of retirement. Lol. I feel like they havent changed much in a long time. 

I like the look from outside the stadium better than the way it looks on the inside. I wish they would just go ahead and brick the entire exterior as many have said. The piecemeal approach makes me leary of things looking out of place. I am no architect but the more I see this the less I am liking the asthetics of it. My fear is ever looking like we had a Soldier Field type reno. I know that's extreme but my gosh, whoever did that should be ashamed. 

soldierfield-oldandnew-300x356.jpg

12 hours ago, gr82be said:

I like the look from outside the stadium better than the way it looks on the inside. I wish they would just go ahead and brick the entire exterior as many have said. The piecemeal approach makes me leary of things looking out of place. I am no architect but the more I see this the less I am liking the asthetics of it. My fear is ever looking like we had a Soldier Field type reno. I know that's extreme but my gosh, whoever did that should be ashamed. 

I don't think that looks all that bad honestly. I just know that what we have at Jordan-Hare right now is pretty atrocious.

2 questions. Why didn't they go ahead and brick the entire exterior, what are the plans to fill other 3 corners of Jordan-Hare.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

2 questions. Why didn't they go ahead and brick the entire exterior, what are the plans to fill other 3 corners of Jordan-Hare.

All I can think of is they are going to build back from the North side and they know that much so it didn't make any sense to just brick in what is there right now, because you'd have to tear it down when you at additional structures.

14 hours ago, gr82be said:

Oh dear, that is awful. Take one of the most iconic facades in the country and make it look like a cruise ship from outer space landed on top of it? Gross. 

There are ways to look to the future while respecting the past. I don't think they accomplished that here. 

50 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Oh dear, that is awful. Take one of the most iconic facades in the country and make it look like a cruise ship from outer space landed on top of it? Gross. 

There are ways to look to the future while respecting the past. I don't think they accomplished that here. 

Having seen a game there, I will say it's a super cool stadium to see a game in.  Pretty small capacity, but loud and great sight lines.

11 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Having seen a game there, I will say it's a super cool stadium to see a game in.  Pretty small capacity, but loud and great sight lines.

Okay, I'm convinced you been everywhere man, you been everywhere....

giphy.gif

26 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Okay, I'm convinced you been everywhere man, you been everywhere....

giphy.gif

Haha!  Just been fortunate to live in several areas of the country and have jobs that allow me to travel for a living.  Try to catch games whenever I'm in a place to do so.  Pure luck mostly.

Has anyone seen a study regarding the affects on capacity based solely on changing from a bleacher setup to stadium seating?

Archived