Null

logan adams

Jordan-Hare Stadium Renovation

I know that Kentucky, Mizzou, and Vandy reduced their seating capacity during the process of retooling their stadiums?. 

Schools in the SEC that have increased stadium size in recent memory  are:

1. bammer

2. LSU

3. TAMU

4. Florida

5. MSU

6. Ole Miss

If I missed any school, please correct. As always WDE & pet a Corgi everyday!

Image result for pictures of corgis watching tv

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I thought about you last night Doc!  The wife glued to Westminster live on the TV while cooking dinner.  😉

Edited by keesler
  • Like 1

Since it sounds like people aren't attending games (and it's apparently only going to get worse), they should just remove both upper decks and go back to roughly 60K seats. At that point, put a dome on it, and then put chairback seats in there with built in cup holders. Maybe THAT will help us keep it packed.

And to help fund it, just raise the donation requirement an extra $2500 per seat minimum.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Didn't Kentucky add on to their stadium a few years back?

They actually downsized some during their stadium renovation a few years back.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2019 at 1:19 PM, doc4aday said:

I know that Kentucky, Mizzou, and Vandy reduced their seating capacity during the process of retooling their stadiums?. 

Schools in the SEC that have increased stadium size in recent memory  are:

1. bammer

2. LSU

3. TAMU

4. Florida

5. MSU

6. Ole Miss

If I missed any school, please correct. As always WDE & pet a Corgi everyday!

Image result for pictures of corgis watching tv

Arkansas just got done with their North End Zone expansion project at DWR Razorback Stadium last season. They went from 72,000 ➡️ 80,800, but since the bleachers on the roof of their South End Zone aren’t being used anymore, their capacity at Razorback Stadium is now at 76,212. Also, some of their club seating on the east side of their stadium was taken out to add additional suites - Speaking of additional suites & club seating, in my opinion, they’re definitely needed at Jordan-Hare.

Neyland Stadium up at Tennessee is also about to be in the process of renovating their stadium again, except they’re gonna downsize to about 100,000 in capacity.

Williams-Brice Stadium at South Carolina is about to do a big renovation project. They’re currently working on the Floyd Building on the north side of the stadium - They’re planning to add concessions on the north side where they may start selling alcoholic beverages. Their south, East & West sides of their stadium will have new premium areas. Their seating capacity won’t be affected at all. They’re also adding a “2001 Club” in the southwest corner of Williams-Brice & working on a master plan for their stadium which will include more suites & possibily a seating expansion.

Edited by LeaderKee4AU
  • Like 1

The Jordan Hare North End Zone (NEZ) should encompass a replacement facility for Haley Center. It could encompass classrooms and offices along with luxury seating, upscale concessions, dining areas, standup viewing, and new video boards above the current seats in the NEZ. Why not knock out two birds with one stone?  Haley Center is coming down according to plans and our NEZ is currently a dumpster fire. Since part of this hypothetical project will be for classes/students why not get favorable bond financing and move on it to enhance our student/athletic facilities that would benefit our campus and all could enjoy?  You could even Include Petrie Hall as the front entrance if necessary. Why not use our architectural and engineering programs to offset the plan and design costs of such a project, also?  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gr82batigr said:

The Jordan Hare North End Zone (NEZ) should encompass a replacement facility for Haley Center. It could encompass classrooms and offices along with luxury seating, upscale concessions, dining areas, standup viewing, and new video boards above the current seats in the NEZ. Why not knock out two birds with one stone?  Haley Center is coming down according to plans and our NEZ is currently a dumpster fire. Since part of this hypothetical project will be for classes/students why not get favorable bond financing and move on it to enhance our student/athletic facilities that would benefit our campus and all could enjoy?  You could even Include Petrie Hall as the front entrance if necessary. Why not use our architectural and engineering programs to offset the plan and design costs of such a project, also?  

Haven't seen this mentioned before because it's pretty way out there but I like the thinking. I like the Petrie Hall suggestion. You could even make a large walkover from the second floor and keep Heisman Drive running under it. 

• Like 1

The reason I asked if Kentucky added more seats a few years ago, is because it's not just the bigger SEC teams that's like Alabama, Tennessee, Texas A&M that's been adding more seats. If teams like Ole Miss and Miss. State add more seats and do other things to make their stadium look a lot better, why can't Auburn?