Jordan-Hare Stadium Renovation

logan adams

I know that Kentucky, Mizzou, and Vandy reduced their seating capacity during the process of retooling their stadiums?. 

Schools in the SEC that have increased stadium size in recent memory  are:

1. bammer

2. LSU

3. TAMU

4. Florida

5. MSU

6. Ole Miss

If I missed any school, please correct. As always WDE & pet a Corgi everyday!

Image result for pictures of corgis watching tv

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I thought about you last night Doc!  The wife glued to Westminster live on the TV while cooking dinner.  😉

Since it sounds like people aren't attending games (and it's apparently only going to get worse), they should just remove both upper decks and go back to roughly 60K seats. At that point, put a dome on it, and then put chairback seats in there with built in cup holders. Maybe THAT will help us keep it packed.

And to help fund it, just raise the donation requirement an extra $2500 per seat minimum.

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Didn't Kentucky add on to their stadium a few years back?

They actually downsized some during their stadium renovation a few years back.

On 2/12/2019 at 1:19 PM, doc4aday said:

I know that Kentucky, Mizzou, and Vandy reduced their seating capacity during the process of retooling their stadiums?. 

Schools in the SEC that have increased stadium size in recent memory  are:

1. bammer

2. LSU

3. TAMU

4. Florida

5. MSU

6. Ole Miss

If I missed any school, please correct. As always WDE & pet a Corgi everyday!

Image result for pictures of corgis watching tv

Arkansas just got done with their North End Zone expansion project at DWR Razorback Stadium last season. They went from 72,000 ➡️ 80,800, but since the bleachers on the roof of their South End Zone aren’t being used anymore, their capacity at Razorback Stadium is now at 76,212. Also, some of their club seating on the east side of their stadium was taken out to add additional suites - Speaking of additional suites & club seating, in my opinion, they’re definitely needed at Jordan-Hare.

Neyland Stadium up at Tennessee is also about to be in the process of renovating their stadium again, except they’re gonna downsize to about 100,000 in capacity.

Williams-Brice Stadium at South Carolina is about to do a big renovation project. They’re currently working on the Floyd Building on the north side of the stadium - They’re planning to add concessions on the north side where they may start selling alcoholic beverages. Their south, East & West sides of their stadium will have new premium areas. Their seating capacity won’t be affected at all. They’re also adding a “2001 Club” in the southwest corner of Williams-Brice & working on a master plan for their stadium which will include more suites & possibily a seating expansion.

The Jordan Hare North End Zone (NEZ) should encompass a replacement facility for Haley Center. It could encompass classrooms and offices along with luxury seating, upscale concessions, dining areas, standup viewing, and new video boards above the current seats in the NEZ. Why not knock out two birds with one stone?  Haley Center is coming down according to plans and our NEZ is currently a dumpster fire. Since part of this hypothetical project will be for classes/students why not get favorable bond financing and move on it to enhance our student/athletic facilities that would benefit our campus and all could enjoy?  You could even Include Petrie Hall as the front entrance if necessary. Why not use our architectural and engineering programs to offset the plan and design costs of such a project, also?  

10 hours ago, Gr82batigr said:

The Jordan Hare North End Zone (NEZ) should encompass a replacement facility for Haley Center. It could encompass classrooms and offices along with luxury seating, upscale concessions, dining areas, standup viewing, and new video boards above the current seats in the NEZ. Why not knock out two birds with one stone?  Haley Center is coming down according to plans and our NEZ is currently a dumpster fire. Since part of this hypothetical project will be for classes/students why not get favorable bond financing and move on it to enhance our student/athletic facilities that would benefit our campus and all could enjoy?  You could even Include Petrie Hall as the front entrance if necessary. Why not use our architectural and engineering programs to offset the plan and design costs of such a project, also?  

Haven't seen this mentioned before because it's pretty way out there but I like the thinking. I like the Petrie Hall suggestion. You could even make a large walkover from the second floor and keep Heisman Drive running under it. 

The reason I asked if Kentucky added more seats a few years ago, is because it's not just the bigger SEC teams that's like Alabama, Tennessee, Texas A&M that's been adding more seats. If teams like Ole Miss and Miss. State add more seats and do other things to make their stadium look a lot better, why can't Auburn?

• 3 months later...
On 2/6/2019 at 10:33 AM, logan adams said:

The arms race is real. I agree with you for the most part in adding capacity, but I do not in renovations. Jordan Hare NEEDS a facelift, and in-part of that is because of literally everyone else in the SEC is doing it. These types of things can draw or push away recruits. Auburn has some catching up to do and it's pretty obvious.

I had to bump this +5 yr old thread.

After the most recent comments from Leath and the BOT doesn't even have the renovation or football only facility on the agenda for discussion this Friday (6/7) we are still back to the drawing board.  :sad2:

33 minutes ago, keesler said:

I had to bump this +5 yr old thread.

After the most recent comments from Leath and the BOT doesn't even have the renovation or football only facility on the agenda for discussion this Friday (6/7) we are still back to the drawing board.  :sad2:

I said this in another thread but isn't this the reason we went and got Allen Greene? Because he's an excellent fundraiser? Dude got the word out about the FOF and raised $30 million bucks for it. No mean feat. Auburn people want  to give to Auburn. If they announce a stadium reno project, an actual project and not a big TV screen or a press box, they'll get people to buy into it. 

7 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I said this in another thread but isn't this the reason we went and got Allen Greene? Because he's an excellent fundraiser? Dude got the word out about the FOF and raised $30 million bucks for it. No mean feat. Auburn people want  to give to Auburn. If they announce a stadium reno project, an actual project and not a big TV screen or a press box, they'll get people to buy into it. 

I say before we fundraise for stadium upgrades we should fundraise for buyout money

It won't be long before Auburn drops way down the SEC list of having the best looking football stadium. When teams like Miss. State, Ole Miss, Kentucky and Missouri are making renovations to their stadiums, Auburn will continue to fall down the list because the President, the AD and the BOT keep sitting on their hands and keep saying Jordan-Hare is just fine the way it is.

The stadium doesn't move the needle in recruiting and therefore is and should be way down the list of priorities.

4 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Maybe they need to spend millions on another Jumbotron in the other endzone.

No way!!! :nonono:

19 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Maybe they need to spend millions on another Jumbotron in the other endzone.

They are investing in 3D Holograms.  Gus will get the Cox cat to work and the pre-game flight will be a hologram along with the band, cheerleaders and beer stands.  

2 hours ago, auburnphan said:

They are investing in 3D Holograms.  Gus will get the Cox cat to work and the pre-game flight will be a hologram along with the band, cheerleaders and beer stands.  

I suspect a4e's posts are holograms...

19 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

The stadium doesn't move the needle in recruiting and therefore is and should be way down the list of priorities.

There is no list of priorities. It’s either Jordan Hare or a FOF for the football program. Neither have any plans at the moment. We’re stagnant as we have been for many, many years. 

20 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

The needle is pegged down to zero on a stadium renovation/upgrade AND the FOF facility.  There is nothing on the agenda for either and the damn BOT apparently still wants to see how the season turns out before they'll push the needle any further? 

The mentality of the BOT/PTB/Donor's is ridiculously fickle, there is zero forward thinking going on with that bunch.  Greene is too damn good of an AD to get stonewalled by fickle Donor's and a BOT that appears to be making him jump through the same damn hoops they made Jacobs jump through.  

Archived