Jordan-Hare Stadium Renovation

logan adams

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JMO...but if I recall my ECON 101.......as long as we sell-out our tickets each year the price is not too high. Football in the SEC is a BUSINESS....and the goal is to maximize revenue...not provide cheap seats for students or fans and/or leave money on the table.

Best I can tell from on-line research, AU tickets are in the upper range, but not the most expensive in the SEC. Bama tickets are more expensive but their fans will mortgage their mobile homes to buy their season tickets...obviously the ticket prices don't discourage attendance over there. Still, it does seem that college football is becoming a TV driven sport and lots of everyday people (like me) have been priced out of attending the conference games. But $12 movie ticket prices have about priced me out of the market too...so us poor folks just wait until it's on Netflix.

Meanwhile, the back-biters....you know who they are..."first...Wow look at that video board !....and later....who dreamed up that turkey?" Complainers are gonna complain...that's the way it is.

Basically, the AD has been out of touch for years. A lot of time when Jay Jacobs was talking to the media, he'd only talked about the big new scoreboard and nothing or very little about the upcoming season. That tells me there's something really wrong with Auburn's AD.

Might that be because he talks about the general well being of the AD and leaves specific sports to be commented on generally by the coaches...as most ADs do?

• 3 weeks later...

Is the upgrade for JHS still in the planning stages or are they ready to actually lay the mortar and bricks?

The newest thread states a firm has been secured to look into fundraising and conducting feasibility studies. Exactly when is the JHS renovation supposed to commence?

Is the upgrade for JHS still in the planning stages or are they ready to actually lay the mortar and bricks?

The newest thread states a firm has been secured to look into fundraising and conducting feasibility studies. Exactly when is the JHS renovation supposed to commence?

At the end of this upcoming season is when they will begin renovations. I am confused about the estimated costs for the renovation though. Originally, the feasibility study estimated costs to be at least $140 million, and now it is down to just $75 million.

At the end of this upcoming season is when they will begin renovations. I am confused about the estimated costs for the renovation though. Originally, the feasibility study estimated costs to be at least $140 million, and now it is down to just $75 million.

Well according to the most recent info............."The J.F. Smith Group, an Auburn company that specializes in fundraising, will interview donors and lead the feasibility study."

So they are still studying.

Ticket increases has priced out some fans. I know know a lot of ticket holders for years and years that had to stop because the price kept going up. I'm one of those fans who had to stop buying tickets. I thought buying food for my family means more then buying over priced tickets every year.

Well according to the most recent info............."The J.F. Smith Group, an Auburn company that specializes in fundraising, will interview donors and lead the feasibility study."

So they are still studying.

Interesting...

In Jay's letter to the donors, he basically said that they would be deciding if the project happens. That can be translated into "you'e voting with your money".

The latest interview with Jay said renovation plans "could definitely" exceed $145 million. As that number goes up and up, more and more fundraising will be needed.

Based on what I've heard, they will have the final numbers back from the contractors by the end of March. They will make a decision and present the plan to move forward to the Board of Trustees at their May meeting (assuming they decide to move forward).

The latest interview with Jay said renovation plans "could definitely" exceed $145 million. As that number goes up and up, more and more fundraising will be needed.

Based on what I've heard, they will have the final numbers back from the contractors by the end of March. They will make a decision and present the plan to move forward to the Board of Trustees at their May meeting (assuming they decide to move forward).

In essence, the plans that went back to the drawing board last May will be finalized in March - then they will present the plan to the BOT for approval along with a plan to finance the project? In the meantime, they are awaiting responses from the potential donors to see if they are willing to help foot the bill....

So does the South end zone get bricked up to match this new north end zone? Or is a renovation of the south end zone in the long term plan before outside cosmetic work is done there?

This is what I am curious about too. And are those clothed images on the backside of the video board permanent?

Some nice tasteful nudes might be in order.

HHahah

I just hope that, once they start digging, they don't find bones -- mammoth or otherwise.

That had to be quite the shock to find those. Can't believe that they didn't find anything when the stadium was built.

Do you know something we don't? lol

I just hope that, once they start digging, they don't find bones -- mammoth or otherwise.

That had to be quite the shock to find those. Can't believe that they didn't find anything when the stadium was built.

For those not keeping track of the north end zone of others,

“Workers were in for a big surprise as they dug beneath the north end zone of Oregon State University’s football stadium this week. A crew member uncovered a 5-foot-long femur bone, believed to be from an ice age mammoth.”

https://hereandnow.wbur.org/2016/01/29/mammoth-oregon-football-field

Do you know something we don't? lol

For those not keeping track of the north end zone of others,

“Workers were in for a big surprise as they dug beneath the north end zone of Oregon State University’s football stadium this week. A crew member uncovered a 5-foot-long femur bone, believed to be from an ice age mammoth.”

https://hereandnow.w...-football-field

That's insane

I have it on good authority that there is a T-Rex skull within a couple hundred yards of the north endzone...

Plans revised ...

Auburn has revised its plans for the proposed renovation of the North end zone of Jordan-Hare Stadium to no longer include one large video scoreboard but instead have two "smaller" scoreboards.

Auburn athletic director Jay Jacobs said a decision was made last week to change from the plans released in December.

"We probably won't have a big scoreboard in the North end if we move forward with this project," Jacobs said Wednesday on the school's in-house coverage of National Signing Day. "We'll probably have two on the corners because that makes a better view for everybody in the stadium. Some people's view(s) were blocked with that big scoreboard just in (the) end zone.

"Right now if we were to move forward, it would be two smaller video boards. But the funny thing about it is, those two smaller ones, they say they're as big as what we used to have in the South end. So you have to put small in perspective."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/02/auburn_revises_plans_for_north.html

Plans revised ...

Auburn has revised its plans for the proposed renovation of the North end zone of Jordan-Hare Stadium to no longer include one large video scoreboard but instead have two "smaller" scoreboards.

Auburn athletic director Jay Jacobs said a decision was made last week to change from the plans released in December.

"We probably won't have a big scoreboard in the North end if we move forward with this project," Jacobs said Wednesday on the school's in-house coverage of National Signing Day. "We'll probably have two on the corners because that makes a better view for everybody in the stadium. Some people's view(s) were blocked with that big scoreboard just in (the) end zone.

"Right now if we were to move forward, it would be two smaller video boards. But the funny thing about it is, those two smaller ones, they say they're as big as what we used to have in the South end. So you have to put small in perspective."

http://www.al.com/au..._for_north.html

LOL @ "smaller".

Plans revised ...

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/02/auburn_revises_plans_for_north.html

What does he mean, "if we move forward with this project?" Thi thing is breaking ground in 10 months, right?

Archived