Jordan-Hare Stadium Renovation

logan adams

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jay sending out another survey just means Jay does not want or have the support to build this expansion so don't get your hopes up just yet. I'm guess the PTB don't trust Jay to build this and Jay sending out another survey will be a way for Jay to say it's not needed.

I'll bump this. FWIW.

Well that's just great.

Money No AU people (besides Gogue for some strange reason) want or trust Jay to do this. Is what it is.

FIFY

I don't think he needs to be fired. Maybe relocate him to another area of the Administration, i.e. development/sponsorship/branding/marketing of AU athletics.

He stepped on some pretty influential toes with that ticket disbursement fiasco. If I donated $50,000/yr and was passed over for tickets to the NC game for a guy who is Jacob's buddy who donates $25,000/yr I'd be pissed. If I later learned that Jacobs buddy was given 10 tickets when I got 0 and that he sold them on the open market and made money for himself, I would be irate. And if he later came to me holding his hand out and asking me to help fund a very large renovation project, I'd tell him to kick rocks.

More boxes would be nice, but I still think it's time we strongly consider adding more seats. We've been stuck on 87,451 since the late 80's. Mean time, other SEC schools have left us in the dust by

adding more seats. UAT has added more seats twice in the last 15 years or so to reach 101,821.

UAT has a high demand for their seats, a waiting list a mile long for season tickets has existed for a long while. I don't think we should compare hardly anything at Auburn with UAT or what they have done to their facilities. UAT is a different animal altogether IMO.

We just need to do what's best for Auburn.

I'm perfectly fine with AU leaving the seating capacity as planned. But DAMN, I'd like to see the project begin and put an end to all the planning, feasibility studies, canvasing the AU donors for money to finance the thing. I want to see AU get busy on this!

So screw adding seating - get JHS renovated and do something to the exterior aesthetics - get better and more concessions - new concourse TVs.

Jay sending out another survey just means Jay does not want or have the support to build this expansion so don't get your hopes up just yet. I'm guess the PTB don't trust Jay to build this and Jay sending out another survey will be a way for Jay to say it's not needed.

I'll bump this. FWIW.

Well that's just great.

Money No AU people (besides Gogue for some strange reason) want or trust Jay to do this. Is what it is.

FIFY

yep getting to be a sad situation. Something got to give

I don't think he needs to be fired. Maybe relocate him to another area of the Administration, i.e. development/sponsorship/branding/marketing of AU athletics.

He stepped on some pretty influential toes with that ticket disbursement fiasco. If I donated $50,000/yr and was passed over for tickets to the NC game for a guy who is Jacob's buddy who donates $25,000/yr I'd be pissed. If I later learned that Jacobs buddy was given 10 tickets when I got 0 and that he sold them on the open market and made money for himself, I would be irate. And if he later came to me holding his hand out and asking me to help fund a very large renovation project, I'd tell him to kick rocks.

Maybe early retirement????? hint hint

Maybe early retirement????? hint hint

How long are we going to say this before the money people finally give him the boot?

I'll bump this. FWIW.

Well that's just great.

Money people don't want or trust Jay to do this. Is what it is.

I think more of the want than the trust. I am guessing this is a no way Jacobs get the JHS expansion legacy.

Jacobs has pissed off and pissed on the wrong "money" folks. The purse strings should have been WIDE open due to that 2013 season, but Jay screwed some heavy donors with the ticket fiasco and those folks won't pony up the money Jay is asking the big donors to pay to support this project.

JMHO, from what I gathered from an acquaintance that has been a huge financial supporter of AU athletics for years. He received the letter from Jacobs a couple of weeks ago which basically said if the donors wanted the project they'd have to be willing to open up their wallets.

Who didn't see this coming? In order to make it work, they wanted $2500-$3500/yr/seat in the end zone. They are already trying the Hail Mary of $3000/seat for new season tickets inside the 30s. They essentially needed to double the price of tickets overnight.

The market is not there. Pay $6,000 for a pair of tickets to 7 games... or do a decked out man cave renovation, and take a trip to Disney world with the family? It's your hard earned money. Make a choice.

These money people have dug their heels in ~ a "reasonable turn-around next year" won't sway their opinion of Jacobs so much that they will be willing to shell out tens of thousands for the JHS renovation.

These money people have dug their heels in ~ a "reasonable turn-around next year" won't sway their opinion of Jacobs so much that they will be willing to shell out tens of thousands for the JHS renovation.

Yea, I don't think a reasonable turn around will get it done, but it will make people lighten up and at least some will get on board. We've seen it over an over. Auburn fans are the definition of emotional roller coaster. If, however, we somehow manage to go to the Natty, I think Jacobs could manage to ride the wave of euphoria to get what he wants (assuming he's still around).

Linking a 25 year capital improvement to the results of 1 year on the field or to the next fan survey they think up are both poor reasons to do it. Those 2 reasons have been used for years as a smokescreen to delay doing something. You should do it because you have a vision for AU football, you want to compete and JH stadium needs those improvements to do that. Leaders make that happen.

They began this latest process saying they would fund the entire project with a bond issue. That was and still is the best business decision. Now they say we might hold things up because boosters don't want to give enough of their own money ? Quite frankly, why would they or should they ? This is just another smokescreen.

Because of delays just like this, over the last 15 years, JH stadium is falling further behind the competition. The thing is, the fans are almost in total agreement. Most feel we don't need to increase the capacity of JH, but desperately do need to improve the stadium and do it now. The delaying tactics need to end and something needs to get done.

Linking a 25 year capital improvement to the results of 1 year on the field or to the next fan survey they think up are both poor reasons to do it. Those 2 reasons have been used for years as a smokescreen to delay doing something. You should do it because you have a vision for AU football, you want to compete and JH stadium needs those improvements to do that. Leaders make that happen.

They began this latest process saying they would fund the entire project with a bond issue. That was and still is the best business decision. Now they say we might hold things up because boosters don't want to give enough of their own money ? Quite frankly, why would they or should they ? This is just another smokescreen.

Because of delays just like this, over the last 15 years, JH stadium is falling further behind the competition. The thing is, the fans are almost in total agreement. Most feel we don't need to increase the capacity of JH, but desperately do need to improve the stadium and do it now. The delaying tactics need to end and something needs to get done.

All on Jay for being a clown show when he brought his proposal up the first time in front of the BOT. He and the design firm he hired could not answer some basic questions the BOT had.

All on Jay for being a clown show when he brought his proposal up the first time in front of the BOT. He and the design firm he hired could not answer some basic questions the BOT had.

Yes, he was the "they" in my post. The BOT sent it back to the drawing board and they came back with an improved design right ? If the BOT approves of the design but doesn't want JJ to be in charge of it, I can understand that. If that is the case, they can appoint someone they feel is qualified to be in charge of the project.

"Greetings from Auburn University!

As part of the Because This is Auburn comprehensive campaign, Auburn Athletics has ambitious plans for improving facilities to ensure the highest competitiveness in the toughest conference in college athletics. While more than $140 million has been invested in our athletics venues over the past decade, we must continue to advance our competition and practice spaces for our athletes.

This survey is part of a larger feasibility study being conducted by the J.F. Smith Group, an independent consulting firm in fund-raising management, to determine the feasibility of raising funds for these facility projects.

Your participation in the study is important. Your responses are confidential and will only be used by Auburn Athletics and the J.F. Smith Group to assist in guiding the campaign. The J.F. Smith Group will compile the data and present Auburn Athletics with recommendations of next steps.

I am writing to invite you — as someone who is familiar with Auburn Athletics — to provide your feedback. Please take 10 minutes to be part of this feasibility study by completing this important survey (Click Here).

The survey will be available from February 29-March 6, 2016. Thank you in advance for helping us continue to build a bright future for Auburn University!

Sincerely,

Jay Jacobs

Director of Athletics"

whatever they do I hope its executed better than the jumbotron. After all the hype this summer you can imagine my disappointment when I couldn't even see the screen from my seats. If you're thinking about sitting in the south endzone then I'd recommend sitting as low as possible. I'm not sure if it was an oversight or if they just accepted the sacrifice of 5k for the way it would appear to 80k.

whatever they do I hope its executed better than the jumbotron. After all the hype this summer you can imagine my disappointment when I couldn't even see the screen from my seats. If you're thinking about sitting in the south endzone then I'd recommend sitting as low as possible. I'm not sure if it was an oversight or if they just accepted the sacrifice of 5k for the way it would appear to 80k.

Based on the renderings, I don't think the capacity would take a hit. If anything, it would be a slight expansion.

I'm confused though as to how the estimated cost for the project itself started at about $145million and has since been cut in half.

I'm confused as well, because I read sometime last month where Jacobs said the project could exceed $150mm in total. :dunno:

Archived