Men vs. Xavier - game thread

WarTiger

We are driving to the basket and leaving our shooters open on the wings without the ball. Need to kick it out a few times. Lang needs to get the ball on a kickout ... Don't think he has a shot yet

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not excusing anything, but Xavier has walked about 4 times with the ball and there's been no call whatsoever. Amazing how obvious a couple of them have been. Not an excuse because we've got to hit more shots, but just amazing how often that call is missed in college basketball

The way this game started and has gone in spurts ... If we can have this at single digits at halftime I'd consider that a success all things considered

Agreed. It would also help if refs actually called moving picks which they seem to have almost every time down the court. Hopefully Bowers can start drawing a bunch of fouls as well.

good little rally at the end of the half....would have been nice if Canty had made that drive but considering where we were most of the half, 9 points is not bad.

If we can get some of our shooters going - brown/Lang - in addition to others then maybe that frees the lane some.

Xavier plays as a team but I don't think they have our athleticism. You can see our potential when we play with a little more control. Rebounding seems to be one of our glaring issues. Our D can improve but I don't want to take away from how good Xavier is

Single digits at half. Good end to the half. Starting to settle down and get some rythym that was badly needed for halftime attitude. We are outmanned but playing hard and slowly gaining confidence. Let's hope this doesn't go the route of a typical 1v 16 game...close at half ending in a 20-30 point game..and instead goes the route of a 5 v 12 upset where the underdog hangs around and gets better as the game goes.

Archived