Why is Auburn not recruiting Fred Rouse?

PowerI

Rivals has him rated as the top prospect in the country. He looks to be an outstanding receiver and with the receivers Auburn is losing next year, we need some more receivers. I just don't understand why Auburn has not been going after him. bammer is, why aren't we?

Because he has not listed us as one of the schools that he is interested in and even if he has no interest in us, Rivals usually lists the schools that are recruiting him.

He lists bammer as well.  It would really suck for bammer to land him and Auburn to miss out on him.

137395[/snapback]

He says he has eliminated bama. I think he goes to FSU.

He lists bammer as well.  It would really suck for bammer to land him and Auburn to miss out on him.

137395[/snapback]

He says he has eliminated bama. I think he goes to FSU.

137406[/snapback]

It sure does eat you up when anyone even SUGGESTS that Fred might be interested in UA doesnt it? Regardless of whom he's narrowed it down to...he's in ttown right now...

Regardless of whom he's narrowed it down to...he's in ttown right now...
:blink:

Yeah, "Big Willie" visited a bunch of schools last year he had no intentions of playing for.

Don't get our hopes up, BG.

i could care less if fred rouse wants to go to ttown and lose to auburn four or five years in a row. that's his decision. all i know is if our coaches don't recruit him, i don't want him.

montez billings, our other big time reciever commitment, did well on his ACT. he projected as a non qualifier but now it looks like he may be able to play next year. that gives us plenty of recievers for next year.

I'm worried that we are not recruiting Fred Rouse... :no:

137598[/snapback]

In CTT we trust. The man knows his recruiting. All is well and we're getting the ones we want and need.

Rouse sounds like the real deal, but has it occurred to anyone that we aren't recruiting him because we contacted him early on and he told us straight up he wasn't interested in coming to Auburn? I mean, it happens. Maybe he's not a small-town guy. Maybe he still sees us as a run-oriented offense or thinks that we'll revert to that with Jason gone. Who knows?

Not every kid is for Auburn and Auburn is not for every kid. It's no different for other places. Sometimes the small town, family feeling that Auburn has is appealing to kids, either because they are already small town guys (Carnell) or are city kids wanting to get out of that rat race (McClover, the Dillard connection). Sometimes it doesn't. Good luck whereever you end up Fred. But if you end up in T'town, get used to losing. :D

Rivals has him rated as the top prospect in the country.  He looks to be an outstanding receiver and with the receivers Auburn is losing next year, we need some more receivers.  I just don't understand why Auburn has not been going after him.  bammer is, why aren't we?

137389[/snapback]

All of our starting receivers are returning, except Silas Daniels. And we have several Fr. and So. WR's coming up. Courtney Taylor, Mix if he doesn't go NFL, Obomanu, Aromashadu, and plenty other talent is still here. I think we are good on receivers. Maybe next year we might want to pursue some receivers, but I think we'll make it through this year with really good talent at the WR position.

He said today that Bama is #2 for him behind Texas.

137675[/snapback]

Pretty funny when bama get it's jollies with someone announcing they are the runner-up :D:D

137675[/snapback]

Pretty funny when bama get it's jollies with someone announcing they are the runner-up :D:D

137676[/snapback]

I just wanted to clear it all up since you said earlier he had already eliminated us as a possibility.

137675[/snapback]

137676[/snapback]

I just wanted to clear it all up since you said earlier he had already eliminated us as a possibility.

137679[/snapback]

Wrong again BG. Go back and read what I said. I said I read where he had cancelled (on Rivals) and eliminated bama. That's why I couldn't understand why I was jumped for saying I had read something and was just passing along info. Go read the thread before YOU pass along bad info.

The fact remains that he says bama is #2 on his list. And you get a thrill out of that? If that's the csae doesn't that mean he has eliminated bama for all practical purposes? :poke:

Archived