Why is Auburn not recruiting Fred Rouse?

PowerI

why wouldn't he be thrilled with that? wouldn't you be happy to get to a guy's top two knowing that you have an official visit from him? i mean i'd be really excited to have tubby basically in a one on one recruiting duel. i'm sure bama fans are happy to be at the top of this kid's list with a good shot to land him. i just feel sorry for fred rouse. i mean damned if you do, damned if you don't right? lose to auburn four straight years OR lose to second-rate oklahoma for four years. tough choice.

why wouldn't he be thrilled with that? wouldn't you be happy to get to a guy's top two knowing that you have an official visit from him? i mean i'd be really excited to have tubby basically in a one on one recruiting duel. i'm sure bama fans are happy to be at the top of this kid's list with a good shot to land him. i just feel sorry for fred rouse. i mean damned if you do, damned if you don't right? lose to auburn four straight years OR lose to second-rate oklahoma for four years. tough choice.

137718[/snapback]

Personally I don't get kicks out of being #2. Guess you are thrilled with the NC outcome huh? :big::big:

PT you are missing the picture. Alabama has won 10 games in two years...cloud of probation and coaching changes hanging over our program...had one of the worst passing offenses in the nation this year...

Yet the #1 WR in the nation has us in his top 2.

That means he sees something good in our coaching staff, our offense, our university and our future...and it all compares to the top programs in the country...because all of those are recruiting him.

Its not that we are happy BECAUSE he is high on us...but instead that he is high on us in spite of the crap we have dealt with over the last 3 years.

Other programs would have been left for dead by now. But we are talking about The University of Alabama...

pt you're saying that you wouldn't have been happy to be number two with a month to go in the season? that's basically what bama's looking at. the end is no where that close, and you're sitting that close to number one. i would have been thrilled to be #2 on an ap or coach's list with a month to play. if we'd had that, we'd be celebrating our own fake national title right now.

He lists bammer as well.  It would really suck for bammer to land him and Auburn to miss out on him.

137395[/snapback]

He says he has eliminated bama. I think he goes to FSU.

137406[/snapback]

It sure does eat you up when anyone even SUGGESTS that Fred might be interested in UA doesnt it? Regardless of whom he's narrowed it down to...he's in ttown right now...

137490[/snapback]

The question is: "Will uat pay up $$$" ? :lol:

He would look good on the other side of the field with nikita....no...wait...nevermind. :roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

PT you are missing the picture. Alabama has won 10 games in two years...cloud of probation and coaching changes hanging over our program...had one of the worst passing offenses in the nation this year...

Yet the #1 WR in the nation has us in his top 2.

That means he sees something good in our coaching staff, our offense, our university and our future...and it all compares to the top programs in the country...because all of those are recruiting him.

Its not that we are happy BECAUSE he is high on us...but instead that he is high on us in spite of the crap we have dealt with over the last 3 years.

Other programs would have been left for dead by now. But we are talking about The University of Alabama...

137730[/snapback]

BG.....nice deflection. Go back and read my earlier post in this thread. You accused me of saying Rouse cancelled his visit. I said you were wrong. Your response is?

bammer was Rouse's first official college visit. He has Texas 1 and he has yet to visit Texas. He visited bammer this weekend and the best they could do was 2. What will he say about FSU and Miami after he visits them?

This is no slight on Bama but I tend to think that Rouse was not looking at all the wonderful attributes of Tuscaloosa, the staff, the players etc. More likely, he is considering where he can be THE MAN right away. Unfortunately, that's the mindset of the majority of recruits these days. He is a stud but he may be worried about being just another face in the crowd at the Miami's and FSU's of the world. At Bama, if he's all he's touted to be, he can step right in and be all-world immediately.

You may not know it but the big news of the day for the East Squad was the injury to the nation’s top prospect, Fred Rouse from Tallahassee (Fla.) Lincoln High School. Rouse sustained a right foot injury when planting on the turf. He was helped off the field and will have x-rays taken later tonight. His status for Saturday’s U.S. Army All-American Bowl is unknown.

BG.....nice deflection. Go back and read my earlier post in this thread. You accused me of saying Rouse cancelled his visit. I said you were wrong. Your response is?

137787[/snapback]

Didnt know you wanted to argue over petty semantics...but since you are wrong...and want to keep hammering it home, okay.

Rouse says he has narrowed his choices to FSU, USC and Miami so why waste out time?

That to me says "he eliminated bama".

That REALLY says he eiliminated bama.

Here's what I said:

I just wanted to clear it all up since you said earlier he had already eliminated us as a possibility.

You may be getting all upset about what you said over at CT and how it was received...but my comments were over here...and were a response to things you said over here. Whether you said you read it on rivals or not...you still said OVER HERE that he eliminated us...blah blah blah.

I didnt think it mattered and I didnt want to hijack some decent discussion over here in this current thread because of your misunderstanding...but there you go.

Wow. With his foot and #12's knee, the uat "passing" game will really be "limping" in high gear ! ! ! ! :D

Rouse is an egomaniacal jerk...remember, this guy said he could've gone pro at 18. He think he's Jerry Rice...and has an overall poor character. That's why we're not recruiting him.

Sounds like a perfect fit for the smaller school in west al. B)

137787[/snapback]

Didnt know you wanted to argue over petty semantics...but since you are wrong...and want to keep hammering it home, okay.

Rouse says he has narrowed his choices to FSU, USC and Miami so why waste out time?

That to me says "he eliminated bama".

That REALLY says he eiliminated bama.

Here's what I said:

I just wanted to clear it all up since you said earlier he had already eliminated us as a possibility.

You may be getting all upset about what you said over at CT and how it was received...but my comments were over here...and were a response to things you said over here. Whether you said you read it on rivals or not...you still said OVER HERE that he eliminated us...blah blah blah.

I didnt think it mattered and I didnt want to hijack some decent discussion over here in this current thread because of your misunderstanding...but there you go.

137924[/snapback]

Well if semantics is the name of the game, then your original statement is still wrong. You refer to a post I made on CR which says, as you note, "he says he has eliminated bama." That means Rouse said it not me. Where did I say he had eliminated bama?

i hope the kid's okay. i didn't really think to look for him today b/c i didn't know he'd gotten injured.

i hope the kid's okay. i didn't really think to look for him today b/c i didn't know he'd gotten injured.

139052[/snapback]

He played and did OK. Nothing spectacular but you can't judge on this kind of game. He did seem somewhat bothered by the defensive coverage he got. He's probably not used to that.

Archived