Men vs. Harvard - Game Thread

WarTiger

Lots of people seem as if they don't watch games but just see that we lost and start moaning and complaining. Harvard is the kind of team that can frustrate you, because even though you might be doing everything wel, they can make shots and just beat you to spots, not because of athleticism but because of focus and fundamentals. We're not an elite team yet because we've been in the gutter for years. We complain about Bowers when honestly, he's one of the best power forwards we've had in years in terms of stat consistency. Kareem seems to be almost more reliable than KT Harrell to hit a three which is pretty dern hard to do, and Horace Spencer is the first athletic man over about 6'7 that I've seen at AU other than Kenny Gabriel in a long time. We're 6-4 against a record that we probably would've been 3-7 against a few years ago. I'll take it for now. Let's go shock Hawaii and then come back here and tear through the SEC.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course it was a homerun hire. It was also a bad, bad game on our part. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Exactly, but execution isn't on Coach Pearl.

Of course it was a homerun hire. It was also a bad, bad game on our part. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Exactly, but execution isn't on Coach Pearl.

Yep. Its the first game all season that Canty didn't produce. If he produces at his average we are right there in the game with a chance to win. No, the loss isn't on Canty by any stretch, just an observation when your most consistent scorer has a bad night it can have a significant effect. Also let's not forget Dunans going down as well. He's averaging 12 points a game and not having those points on the floor hurts as well. No word on how long he will be out but I'm not expecting him to play today.

And our best defender and "co-point guard" is out with a bum shoulder ... And one of our best shooters, Lang, is surely still dealing with his ankle ... And we need him for shooting, rebounding and he can be a matchup issue for other people's 2/3.

I still feel like we have the curse of the bambino on our bball program as it relates to injuries.

It has to be embarrassing for CBP and his staff. We have a lot of great athletes and Harvard has few if any, but they do have good BB players fundamentally at least. I doubt if Harvard has a single player that would get a look from Auburn or any SEC school as far as recruiting, yet they completely dominated our Tigers. Maybe a lessons learned if we are fortunate enough to make the MM tournament. Could face a team like Harvard again in early rounds.

It has to be embarrassing for CBP and his staff. We have a lot of great athletes and Harvard has few if any, but they do have good BB players fundamentally at least. I doubt if Harvard has a single player that would get a look from Auburn or any SEC school as far as recruiting, yet they completely dominated our Tigers. Maybe a lessons learned if we are fortunate enough to make the MM tournament. Could face a team like Harvard again in early rounds.

i may be wrong about this but I think you are making some incorrect assumptions. I believe they said during the game Harvard had 2 top 100 players on the court and their 2016 class is ranked top 15 nationally.

I'd take their big man right now. He wasn't just having a good game. I thought he was flat good. As was one of their backcourt players. I didn't get to see a ton of the game so my perspective is limited.

I watched Harvard Oklahoma game. Harvard has top notch talent that pushed a really good Oklahoma team. To many people say Harvard Ivy League team not a lot of talent but real smart and play as a team. They are right about real smart and play as a team but they are wrong about talent. This Harvard team has some athletes and play strong D.

Archived