2017 3* HB Thomas Johnston

au_bsci_04

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guy is a banger. 247 says he is 6'2" and 215 now. He looks fast on the field and likes contact. Kid is just a real football player. 

TJ  has a lot of good offers and OVs. AU is not in his top 5, probably because we haven't shown much interest.  Some lucky team will be getting outstanding LB. Probably will end up with his brother at UAB but I sure hope AU will give this kid a chance.  He'll play special teams or anywhere and leave 110% on the field.

57 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

I just don't know if we get Rice or Taylor, so think we go after him if so. I also think Rice is the best of all 3 but all 3 are can't miss players imo. Taylor is more Raw imo.

We are in Good shape with Taylor.

22 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Taylor has great skills but looks more Raw than Rice Imo... TJ has great instincts but isn't as ready to play college ball. 

See my last Rice post in the Rice thread. 

Johnston will official to AU in January. Could play either LBer or H-Back for AU. 

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

See my last Rice post in the Rice thread. 

Johnston will official to AU in January. Could play either LBer or H-Back for AU. 

...and there it is!

11 minutes ago, PikesEagle said:

If we do take another LB and since we missed on Rice, Taylor being a possible thuga lean and McBride a highly doubtful pickup, does Johnston become a take?

I think Taylor is an AU lead. 

48 minutes ago, PikesEagle said:

If we do take another LB and since we missed on Rice, Taylor being a possible thuga lean and McBride a highly doubtful pickup, does Johnston become a take?

We didn't miss on Rice. In the end we moved on

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

We didn't miss on Rice. In the end we moved on

Curious move. They better be confident in signing Taylor with a move like that.

34 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Curious move. They better be confident in signing Taylor with a move like that.

He had a shoulder issue

16 minutes ago, autan said:

Makes you wonder if UGA passed too, since they probably feel they will get Taylor and McBride.

UGA were pretty confident in landing him.

19 hours ago, PikesEagle said:

UGA is not recruiting TT hard. It's us or Oklahoma. And there is talk we may not be recruiting TT hard now either. Johnston would not be an automatic take. AU may stick with 3 LBs in this class.

16 hours ago, autan said:

Makes you wonder if UGA passed too, since they probably feel they will get Taylor and McBride.

UGA did not pass. Their recruiting reporters came to Alabama to cover the announcement. They were stunned he did not pick UGA.

I am confused up to a few days ago I thought we wanted Taylor or Rice badly now I am hearing we didn't really want either. Is that just sour grapes or did things come up that made us change our minds.

Also if that is the case why not take Johnston I have watched his film he is to quote another poster a tackling machine.  He has good size and speed for a linebacker also and great instincts.

43 minutes ago, ellitor said:

UGA is not recruiting TT hard. It's us or Oklahoma. And there is talk we may not be recruiting TT hard now either. Johnston would not be an automatic take. AU may stick with 3 LBs in this class.

If this is correct, means Auburn will have only taken four linebackers, total, the past two recruiting classes. Is that enough to ensure adequate depth in upcoming seasons?

3 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

If this is correct, means Auburn will have only taken four linebackers, total, the past two recruiting classes. Is that enough to ensure adequate depth in upcoming seasons?

If SDj ends up there it would technically be 6. Him, Threat & TJ Neal were LBs in the last class.

But no 4 in 2 years or 2 per year is not enough to ensure good depth.

Just now, ellitor said:

If SDj ends up there it would technically be 6. Him, Threat & TJ Neal were LBs in the last class.

But no 4 in 2 years or 2 per year is not enough to ensure good depth.

I forgot about the grad transfer Neal. I was only thinking of incoming freshmen. Stephen Davis Jr a linebacker or safety?

2 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

I forgot about the grad transfer Neal. I was only thinking of incoming freshmen. Stephen Davis Jr a linebacker or safety?

LB other than the couple weeks he spent at RB last year before the staff shut him down for the season to fully recover from a high school injury.

Archived