Spotlight on Jeremy Johnson

StatTiger

Why is it so hard, for some of you to realize, the simple - common sense - reality of the situation?

JJ has decided to return, knowing he "most likely" will not be the starter. The special packages around the goal line, or red zone, or two point conversations, or third & fourth down and short, or the occasional trick play he may-be involved in, are enough for him.

It's really that simple.

I highly doubt that's gone through his mind once in his return

ALOT more likely is that he saw Sean White lose almost every game he started in and saw Tyler Queen as no competition and realized "hey, as of now, I'm probably still the best option for this program on roster, all I have to do is beat out John"

I'm almost certain that's what it is

The thing about arguing somebody's speculation is....there's not a right answer to be found....No point

Of course, of course, but saying someone of JJ's potential would willingly come back just to sit on the bench and not even have the mentality he could start is pretty ludicrous.

But how do you combat common sense reality?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While some are still hanging out in the denial stage, please remember: Most psychologist will tell you, the sooner you get into the acceptance stage, the better you will feel.

JJ showed a lot of character when he was at the bottom he still supported the team and SW when he was the starter. When SW got hurt he came in and played ok in a limited offense. In the Bowl game he really shined in a few key situations. Will he ever be a great QB at Auburn and win his starting job back probably not. But the character he has shown and his willingness to accept what has happened and keep working means I wouldn't completely count this man out. Whether he becomes the QB we all though he would be or never plays again other then situational plays like against Memphis Auburn is better for him having come to our beloved school.

JJ showed a lot of character when he was at the bottom he still supported the team and SW when he was the starter. When SW got hurt he came in and played ok in a limited offense. In the Bowl game he really shined in a few key situations. Will he ever be a great QB at Auburn and win his starting job back probably not. But the character he has shown and his willingness to accept what has happened and keep working means I wouldn't completely count this man out. Whether he becomes the QB we all though he would be or never plays again other then situational plays like against Memphis Auburn is better for him having come to our beloved school.

JJ handled his demotion and opportunities well after his demotion. I do think the coaching staff did him a huge disservice by taking him out of the uga game and putting in an obviously injured SW (and calling a roll out for SW on his first play was a beyond stupid coaching descision). Still, once SW was injured, JJ was not asked to do much in terms of the passing game other than screens and extremely safe passes. For AU to be successful offensively, we need a QB that can complete passes down the field (not just throw it up and hope our WR catches it).

wde

Why is it so hard, for some of you to realize, the simple - common sense - reality of the situation?

JJ has decided to return, knowing he "most likely" will not be the starter. The special packages around the goal line, or red zone, or two point conversations, or third & fourth down and short, or the occasional trick play he may-be involved in, are enough for him.

It's really that simple.

I highly doubt that's gone through his mind once in his return

ALOT more likely is that he saw Sean White lose almost every game he started in and saw Tyler Queen as no competition and realized "hey, as of now, I'm probably still the best option for this program on roster, all I have to do is beat out John"

I'm almost certain that's what it is

The thing about arguing somebody's speculation is....there's not a right answer to be found....No point

Of course, of course, but saying someone of JJ's potential would willingly come back just to sit on the bench and not even have the mentality he could start is pretty ludicrous.

See what I mean?

It still doesn't add up that Jeremy looked good in practice but lost it in the games. The mistakes he made weren't ones of lack of confidence but more of someone who doesn't know how to read a defense. He didn't throw with accuracy often times over or under throwing his receivers. I have to believe once again that this would have been something that would have happened in practice as well. Were they practicing the whole playbook or was practice scaled back? Was the defense that bad that it made JJ look like a heisman candidate? I'm not a football expert but as long and as successful as Gus has been I have to believe he saw this coming but pumped sunshine in hopes a light would come on for JJ.

It still doesn't add up that Jeremy looked good in practice but lost it in the games. The mistakes he made weren't ones of lack of confidence but more of someone who doesn't know how to read a defense. He didn't throw with accuracy often times over or under throwing his receivers. I have to believe once again that this would have been something that would have happened in practice as well. Were they practicing the whole playbook or was practice scaled back? Was the defense that bad that it made JJ look like a heisman candidate? I'm not a football expert but as long and as successful as Gus has been I have to believe he saw this coming but pumped sunshine in hopes a light would come on for JJ.

If that's true, I hope he's learned to poor mouth a bit. Better to exceed expectations than to set them up to be dashed.

It happens in all forms of entertainment. People go through the practices or rehearsals and do fine. When it comes time for the actual performance they just can't do it. It's psychological.

I hope JJ comes out and has a great senior year like Ben Leard.

I don't care who does it I just need somebody to be good at the position. To be honest preferably not jj so whoever is good will definitely be acclimated the year after next. But if it's him I'll take it, I just can't sit on the sidelines in the gym and barbershop and places like that when it's time to talk football

I don't care who does it I just need somebody to be good at the position. To be honest preferably not jj so whoever is good will definitely be acclimated the year after next. But if it's him I'll take it, I just can't sit on the sidelines in the gym and barbershop and places like that when it's time to talk football

Preach

If that's true, I hope he's learned to poor mouth a bit. Better to exceed expectations than to set them up to be dashed.

Our D has made a lot of QB's look like Heisman candidates recently.

Hoping those days are over! Did make the Memphis QB look rather puny.

After watching our LB'ers play the last few years, I'm sure he was shocked to see a LB'er right where he threw the ball on the INT's.

I hope JJ comes out and has a great senior year like Ben Leard.

This is literally the only reason I have an ounce of hope for JJ.

The spotlight will also be bright on Gus Malzahn after the way he's coached in 2014 and 2015.

Bwahahaha. Do you think before you type?

The spotlight will also be bright on Gus Malzahn after the way he's coached in 2014 and 2015.

Bwahahaha. Do you think before you type?

Seems you two guys are keeping each other in business.....he posts something....uh...well, something you find unacceptable land you are forced to respond....and up goes the post count for both of you. So...who will be the first to 20,000?

Interesting note from the AD Goals press conference, yesterday... "Auburn has hired a staff psychologist, who is available to all student-athletes".

Interesting note from the AD Goals press conference, yesterday... "Auburn has hired a staff psychologist, who is available to all student-athletes".

Good! We need one, and not just for stud QBs gone sideways. Thanks for passing that along.

What if auburn4ever were give his/her own section on the forum and that was the only place he/she could post.

Lolol. I always see people slamming him but he never responds which is kind of weird I feel like

What if auburn4ever were give his/her own section on the forum and that was the only place he/she could post.

Lolol. I always see people slamming him but he never responds which is kind of weird I feel like

Some people are passive and don't want to fight. That often also means that they take each hit personally, which is something we should all consider. I have no issue with correcting A4E, when he's got the facts wrong, but taking potshots at him, like some do here, is probably very hurtful to him.

I do not enjoy the "pot shots" he-she takes against AU and our Coaches every single day and, basically, every post.......

Archived