Trayvon Reed (returning but redshirting)

AUGoo

Supposedly he has hinted on Instagram that he is coming back. We desperately need his length but at the same time he will be a work in progress.

Wow, if he is able to put on a uniform, lace his shoes and actually still wants to play at AU, bring it. We need any available warm bodies at this time.

Will he be eligible

That's a good question. There's a rule somewhere about making academic progress, so it might depend on what he's been doing fall term. Put me in the group that will be shocked if he ever plays for AU again, but that's just a feeling. No actual knowledge possessed or implied.

I'd be really surprised if he could play this year. Heck I don't even know how he could enroll in school this late in the game. When does this semester start?

Nevermind....i see he has until Feb 3 to register for classes. Maybe he will be our yearly Spring warrior! Though i'd prefer he take this year to redshirt. Love the possibility of him and Wiley playing together for a couple years

why would Reed wait until Feb 3rd to enroll, if Pearl needs him to be on the roster?

I need better informed info to better understand why its so hush hush about Reed..

We need everything right now lol. We have no true PG on the roster, no backup to our 6'0 G who is a SG trapped in a PG's body because of injuries, we are running out of wings because of injuries, and we have no rim protectors or rebounders on the roster. So...any additions will be welcome in my book.

I'd even take a few walk on football players just so we can have enough to practice....good or not. lol

M*A*S*H* unit right now.

What's the purpose of sitting out? Pearl suspend him?

What's the purpose of sitting out? Pearl suspend him?

The initial talk when he was taking a semester off was to red shirt this year and save a year of eligibility.

Great news just on height alone. I'm very pleased. It could be a big difference maker having him on the team next year. Hopefully he has been working on his game and strength

Great news just on height alone. I'm very pleased. It could be a big difference maker having him on the team next year. Hopefully he has been working on his game and strength

Yes, but if we could have had him, Harris, cim, and Horace all available at the same time some very interesting combinations could have been made for mismatches. And him and Horace and Harris we could have quite a lengthy zone down low. It would help out as well

Long time till next season so i hope he is able to keep his stuff together. Glad he made it back to the team and hope he makes the most of this opportunity. Having him and Spencer next year should make atleast stuffer for teams to score on us.

This is great news. I would have loved to have him this year but with all of our injuries while he would have helped he would not have helped enough. With the people we have coming on board next year he could be the big man we need to replace Harris but in aa different role. Paint Defender, Rebounder and allowing Spencer to play Power Forward and not Center. With returning players and new players we should have solid to great scoring from wings and guard position with at least 1 point guard who can distribute the ball and get the offense moving instead of dribbling and shooting.

Last Picture I saw of him he had put on a lot of muscle so unlike 1st year he will be able to hold his position in the paint.

Archived