Trayvon Reed (returning but redshirting)

AUGoo

I recall that he could move well for a 7 footer. I think he ran the floor pretty well ... Being a freshman, not enough bulk and a little timid around the sec big men (i.e. Experience) were his weak points.

I always had that ndiaye feel about him. In other words ... Nba quality by his senior year if he will work.

Guys like this ... I'd love to see a rob Chubb type of work ethic and grit in a kid with this level of inherent talent.

Great news just on height alone. I'm very pleased. It could be a big difference maker having him on the team next year. Hopefully he has been working on his game and strength

Yes, but if we could have had him, Harris, cim, and Horace all available at the same time some very interesting combinations could have been made for mismatches. And him and Horace and Harris we could have quite a lengthy zone down low. It would help out as well

Without a doubt. It would've been huge for us to have him this year but unfortunately for us that wasn't able to happen.

In the big picture this might be best we will have him Wiley, and Spencer for 2 years. Big will go from a weakness to a strength. Add McLemore during that Span and we will have a big front line with depth maybe even have Purifoy plus Williams, Brown Harper and Herron giving us strength at all positions. I like it.

Can you guys imagine our starting lineup in 2017?

PG-Harper

SG-Brown

SF-Heron/Purifoy

PF-Wiley/Spencer/McLemore

C-Reed/Spencer

Canty isn't a bench player dude.

He isn't but Canty's score first mentality might be beneficial for us off the bench if Harper is a PG that can initiate the offense...that intrigues me. He'd be going against second units who probably couldn't give him as much trouble as these longer first-team guards would. This is all based on if J Harper would be ready as a true freshman to run the offense, which is pretty unlikely.

With our luck lately, anyone projecting the 2017 starting line-up is one of the world's great optimists.

He isn't but Canty's score first mentality might be beneficial for us off the bench if Harper is a PG that can initiate the offense...that intrigues me. He'd be going against second units who probably couldn't give him as much trouble as these longer first-team guards would. This is all based on if J Harper would be ready as a true freshman to run the offense, which is pretty unlikely.

Yeah, we will see but I think Harper could definitely play the scorer off the bench role. He is deadly from 3.

^ I know next to nothing about the guy my post was just speaking on a hypothetical. Glad to hear he's a good shooter hopefully he can hit FTs too!

Canty is a Junior he won't be here in 2017.

why wouldn't he?

Pretty certain they are referring to the beginning of the 2017 season, not the end of the 2016 season.

why wouldn't he?

Pretty certain they are referring to the beginning of the 2017 season, not the end of the 2016 season.

I thought we were doing next year's projections. That should've registered with me when I saw Wiley. Even next year's projections will be night and day's difference from this current team.

why wouldn't he?

I thought we were doing next year's projections. That should've registered with me when I saw Wiley. Even next year's projections will be night and day's difference from this current team.

Barring injuries, no doubt. Raw but more talented and deeper.

What's the purpose of sitting out? Pearl suspend him?

Players have to maintain a certain rate of academic progress to be eligible to play. If Reed hasn't been passing classes somewhere he's probably not eligible to play this semester, per NCAA Academic progress rules..

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, WarEagle2423 said:

Trayvon Reed is now playing for Texas Southern. Forgot about him. He’s 7-2 and had 23 and 7 last night in a win over Oregon. 

Good for him. Pearl could've made him a monster, I think.

32 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Wow totally forgot about this kid. He had some big time character related red flags didn't he?

Basically wasn't mature enough for college life when he was at AU. Glad to see him playing well.

8 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Good for him. Pearl could've made him a monster, I think.

Those stats he seems to be doing well. 

damn. Dude had a perfect game against Oregon. Shot 100% from the floor and from the line.  Looks like he's bulked up a bit too since his time with AU when he was a stick figure. Dude may find himself a spot in the league if he keeps it up

Archived