Notes on 2016 Counter numbers

ellitor

As of right now AU has 24 or 25 players counted as 2016 Initial Counters depending on if Stephen Davis Jr is on scholly or not.. The max we can have is 25.

The counters are

4* QB Woody Barrett

3^ QB John Franklin III

4* RB Kameron Martin

3* RB Malik Miller

4* TE Landon Rice

4* WR Nate Craig-Myers

4* WR Kyle Davis

4* WR Eli Stove

3* WR Marquis McClain

4* OT Prince Sammons

4* OG Brodarius Hamm

5* DE Marlon Davidson

4* DE Paul James

3* DE Nick Coe

5* DT Derrick Brown

4* DT Antwuan Jackson

3* LB Tre Threat

4* CB John Broussard

3* CB Jayvaughn Myers

3* S Marlon Character

3* S Daniel Thomas

Ohio St transfer DB Jamel Dean

P Kevin Phillips got a scholly

RS Fr DT Tyler Carter gets awarded a scholly

The term Initial Counter refers to the first year a player goes on scholly. If a player goes on scholly before he has been at the school 2 full years he has to count to a yearly 25 IC total. This includes high school, juco, transfers from other major colleges, & walk on who have been at AU less than 2 full years.

I know many of you are wondering why Jamel Dean is on our 2016 IC list. Our 2015 IC list was full at 25 so Dean had to wait til the 2nd Summer term started, which was June 22nd to enroll so he could count on the 2016 IC list. Players who enroll on or after June 1st can count to the next IC list.

AU has appealed & appearantly received clearance from the NCAA to let Tashawn Manning sign an NLI but not count to the 25 limit due to his cancer keeping him from playing likely 2 years at minimum.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Davis Webb transferred to Auburn, would he count on the 2016 class count back to the 2015 class?

We have 17 on the counter list right now and can have up to 25 as stated earlier. It seems very likely walk on P Keven Phillips will go on scholly soon. If he does then he will have to counas part of this 25 counter list. Also if AU offers, gets, & puts Texas Tech Grad Transfer Davis Webb on scholly before the 2nd Summer term he would have to count to this 25 list also just as Blake Countess did in 2015.

If Davis Webb transferred to Auburn, would he count on the 2016 class count back to the 2015 class?

We have 17 on the counter list right now and can have up to 25 as stated earlier. It seems very likely walk on P Keven Phillips will go on scholly soon. If he does then he will have to counas part of this 25 counter list. Also if AU offers, gets, & puts Texas Tech Grad Transfer Davis Webb on scholly before the 2nd Summer term he would have to count to this 25 list also just as Blake Countess did in 2015.

LOL. And the beat goes on.

Am I the only one who thinks E should start working for one of the papers so he can get paid for his hard work?

E you really are a valuable part of this site and help make it THE BEST AUBURN SITE!!! You can't spell "war Eagle" without E.

I'm guessing no response from Mikey means that you're actually correct this time. Good job E.

Jeff guessed correctly. All take note!

I'm guessing no response from Mikey means that you're actually correct this time. Good job E.

Jeff is not correct very often, so good job by all!

Thanks for being my internet lap dog.

Don't start 24.

lol, gotta hit sometime

OP updated to reflect walk on P Kevin Phillips got a scholly & is now in the 2016 counter number. We have 18 now w/ 7 spots left.

Should be have another scholarship since Peyton Barber declared early?

On the 85 total yes, under the yearly 25 no. Players leaving don't affect the 25 numbers.

Should be have another scholarship since Peyton Barber declared early?

We could lose 50 players to transfer and still only be allowed to sign 25 per year.

augolf1716, Though I did read your post about the 2016 class, I wasn't 100 clear if Davis Webb would count towards 2016 or last years class. I just wanted to make sure I understood it correctly. Thank you for your help.

augolf1716, Though I did read your post about the 2016 class, I wasn't 100 clear if Davis Webb would count towards the 2016 or last years class. I just wanted to make sure I understood it correctly. Thank you for your help.

Your welcome a4e but after 10 years you can call me golf

Archived