Auburn Recruiting 2010-2015

StatTiger

2010-2015 (6 recruiting classes)

151 players signed ( Average of 25.2 players per class)

39 lost to attrition: 25.8%

The players lost had an average star rating of 3.4 with an average position ranking of 38.7.

112 total players remaining:

(11) 5-star: 9.8%

(51) 4-star: 45.5%

(62) 4 & 5 star talent: 55.4%

(45) 3-star: 40.2%

(5) 2-star: 4.4%

(107) 3-5 star: 95.5%

Despite the attrition, there appears to a solid percentage of quality players based on star ratings. The next focus should be on the players position rankings.

(23) ranked in top-10 of their position: 20.5%

(44) ranked in top-20 of their position: 39.3%

(45) ranked outside top-20 of their position: 40.2%

There is a big difference between a 4-star DE ranked 11th than a 4-star DE ranked 32nd at his position.

Position Breakdown:

• Wide Receiver: 3.8 avg star rating and 40.1 avg position ranking
  • Tight end: 3.4 avg star rating and 18.2 avg position ranking
  • Running backs: 3.9 avg star rating and 27.1 avg position ranking
  • Quarterback: 3.7 avg star rating and 28.6 avg position ranking
  • Offensive Line: 3.5 avg star rating and 34.0 avg position ranking
  • Linebacker: 3.6 avg star rating and 20.2 avg position ranking
  • Defensive Line: 3.8 avg star rating and 23.0 avg position ranking
  • Secondary: 3.4 avg star rating and 47.3 avg position ranking

The average position ranking at the WR and secondary positions stands out. Trovon Reed was the only WR ranked in the top-10 of his position and was never a major contributor at WR and was eventually moved to the secondary. Kiehl Frazier was a 5-star recruit, which inflated Auburn's QB ratings. Johnathan Ford was rated as a 4-star RB but ended up in the secondary. Quan Bray was rated as a 4-star RB but was recruited as a WR. Hopefully this upcoming class of WR's can add some much needed "punch" at the WR position.

Interesting number of top-100 players signed 2011-2015:

Total of 498 players rated in the Top-100 by Scout.com

SEC .................. 34.1%

PAC-12 ............ 18.3%

Big 10 .............. 15.6%

ACC ................. 15.3%

Big 12 ................ 9.6%

Notre Dame ........ 5.2%

Alabama ............ 9.0%

Ohio State .......... 7.4%

Alabama signed 45 to-100 players from 2011-2015 and the entire Big 12 Conference signed 48. eek.gif

Scout.com Top-100 Players recruited

By team (2011-2015):

Alabama ................. 45 NC

Ohio State .............. 37 NC

Southern Cal ........... 33

Florida State ........... 29 NC

Notre Dame ............ 26 (Played in NC)

Texas ..................... 25

LSU ........................ 21 (Played in NC)

Georgia ................... 20

UCLA ...................... 19

Michigan ................. 18

Florida .................... 18

Auburn ................... 16 (Played in NC)

Texas A&M ............. 16

Clemson ................. 14 (Played in NC)

Oregon ................... 13 (Played in NC)

Ole Miss .................. 12

Miami ..................... 12

Oklahoma ............... 11

Stanford ................. 11

Nebraska ................. 3

The Top-100 rated players each season are the cream of the crop with a higher probability for success. They normally can contribute immediately. The primary downfall is they are also more likely to enter the NFL Draft after 3 years. Ole Miss has signed more top-100 recruits than Oklahoma and Miami. eek.gif Nebraska has signed only 3 during their last 5 recruiting classes. During the 70's, 80's and 90's, the Huskers were a perennial powerhouse.

War Eagle!

Wow, those are some pretty eye-opening numbers. Ohio St is the only school really close to the evil empire in recruiting the best of the best talent. Also hard to believe they have more than doubled the number of top 100 recruits that LSU has over that period.

Also makes it pretty clear to me that Miss St and Arkansas really do a great job of player development and scheming considering their results with their lack of recruiting rankings. IMO, a lot of AU fans' frustrations are our continuing losses to those type of teams more so than the Alabama losses that so many think are putting Gus on the warm to hot seat.

Thanks for the breakdown.

The real bottom line is this. How many championships has Auburn won between 2010-2015? 2 SEC and only 1 national championship.

That's more than any other team except one in the whole country. Not a very good point you are trying to make with this one.

Hell if you don't think uat and the NCAA are corrupt then I'll add this. uat just hired or is nin the works to Otis Yelverton as the assistant to player development. Google this guy.

The real bottom line is this. How many championships has Auburn won between 2010-2015? 2 SEC and only 1 national championship.

That's more than any other team except one in the whole country. Not a very good point you are trying to make with this one.

Hell if you don't think uat and the NCAA are corrupt then I'll add this. uat just hired or is nin the works to Otis Yelverton as the assistant to player development. Google this guy.

Hmmm

It's the Jimmies and the Joes.

Amazing how Stanford can qualify that many top 100 players.

Agreed and agreed. You have to have elite talent to even play for championships.

But I'll say this: if Stanford offered me a scholarship to play football, I'd commit in a heartbeat. Essentially an Ivy League education: check. Amazing area to live as a college student: check. Competitive football team that puts players in the NFL: check. I guess it's kind of like Notre Dame, where they have a very particular kind of national appeal.

Speaking of Notre Dame, Stat, they and Oregon also played for national titles.

It's the Jimmies and the Joes.

Amazing how Stanford can qualify that many top 100 players.

Agreed and agreed. You have to have elite talent to even play for championships.

But I'll say this: if Stanford offered me a scholarship to play football, I'd commit in a heartbeat. Essentially an Ivy League education: check. Amazing area to live as a college student: check. Competitive football team that puts players in the NFL: check. I guess it's kind of like Notre Dame, where they have a very particular kind of national appeal.

Error on my part with Notre Dame but not Oregon. It was for the seasons between 2011-2015.

Error on my part with Notre Dame but not Oregon. It was for the seasons between 2011-2015.

Wasn't it Oregon who Ohio State beat last year?

As of today here is the breakdown of the top 100 players on Scout

LSU- 5

UF- 5

OM- 4

UGA-4

Bama-3

AU- 2

A&M- 1

Arky-1

UT-1

UK-1

Auburn is in the game for Derrick Brown, Nate Craig Myers, EJ Price, and UF Commit Ant. Clayton

The other schools above us are also in on a ton of uncommitted guys in the top 100.

What in the heck is ole siss doing in Oxford? They are seriously in the running for a bunch of top 100 kids left on the board.

Are they handing out nude photos of the co-eds or something? I just don't get it at all.

As of today here is the breakdown of the top 100 players on Scout

LSU- 5

UF- 5

OM- 4

UGA-4

Bama-3

AU- 2

A&M- 1

Arky-1

UT-1

UK-1

Auburn is in the game for Derrick Brown, Nate Craig Myers, EJ Price, and UF Commit Ant. Clayton

The other schools above us are also in on a ton of uncommitted guys in the top 100.

What in the heck is ole siss doing in Oxford? They are seriously in the running for a bunch of top 100 kids left on the board.

Are they handing out nude photos of the co-eds or something? I just don't get it at all.

I don't know what they are doing, but they are rocking in recruiting and have been for a couple of yrs now.

Wasn't it Oregon who Ohio State beat last year?

correct... brain fart

Tosh gettin his old buddy back?

"Only"? smh

That's 1 more National championship than they won between 1958 and 2009.

That's 1 more National championship than they won between 1958 and 2009.

Bingo !!!

Archived