Daily Recruiting News (includes commit times)

ClaytonAU

Somebody needs to tell Jerome Bettis he wasn't a running back. Any takers?

Or Rudi Johnson for that matter...

Rudy Johnson was much faster than that. Bettis on the other hand, RBs like him are very much the exception and not the rule.

However after doing some of my own research, I couldn't even find the listing of 4.76 anywhere. The only 40 time I could find was from ESPN where he is listed as 4.89. There is no way that is SEC lvl speed. That's FCS lvl speed.

I apologize for bringing this back up, but others keep bringing up names, basically calling me out for having a concern.

Anyway, WDE guys

This issue seems important to you, if that's the case, make a thread for it.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, how are you working this Clayton? Updating the original post or adding a new one down thread?

Updatng OP. Should be done around 10:30

Take it for what it's worth but Pettway is no sloutch as a RB and he can fill the Barber role of taking some inside carries off JR to give him a rest. Having said that, I would encourage Kerryon and Roc to get on the weights this off season and pack on the muscle so they will be able to carry the JR #1 RB load, both outside AND inside, if he ever gets injured.

It would be cool if we started handing the rock off the the HB out of the I formation especially on the goal line.

Not to hijack this good thread but man isn't that the truth. If it is one formation we run that I truly hate it is staying in the shotgun down on the goal line. There comes a time when you need to man up, quit the cute crap and ram it down the other team's throats.

I would love to see Gus having us in the wishbone formation from time to time. Talking about confusing defenses? The wishbone would have a devastating effect on all defenses we will face for the season. I do not think any defense could defend this if it is executed correctly. I think that there is a 99.9% chance that we will never see Gus implement this. What do you think?

That's the beauty of having a DTQB. With 2 RBs in the backfield with the QB we can present a "wishbone or power I look". Then one guy goes in motion, and all of a sudden we're in a 4 WR set! Very difficult to defend!

Now we are talking some good football! I remember when Auburn ran the wishbone in 1981-84, and abandoned it in 1985. I do remember the Coach Dye still ran the wishbone when we within the 10 yard line and it seemed to work great. It would be fun to do this once and a while.

OP updated. Edits to EMB, Jayvaugn, Erik Swenson, Stephen Davis Jr, and Nigel Warrior. Added Ahmon Richards and Jordan Griffin.

Thanks so much for the support all. Love being able to contribute to the site wherever I can!

OP updated. Edits to EMB, Jayvaugn, Erik Swenson, Stephen Davis Jr, and Nigel Warrior. Added Ahmon Richards and Jordan Griffin.

Thanks so much for the support all. Love being able to contribute to the site wherever I can!

Good job, again.

Hey RB discussions would be cool in another thread ;)/>

I wish we could lock the thread at the OP and only one or two provide updates.

The thread can be open. Clayton, I or whoever just needs to keep all updates in the OP, date them, & keep the most recent on top. That way readers can see what is currently happening & how things progress the last 2 weeks.

Any word on how Warrior's visit is going? I hate it that he could not have been here last weekend with the other recruits and the basketball game going on.

No. Updates don't usually come til after a recruit leaves. Nigel is leaving AU Saturday morning.

On Ahmmon - I have seen the same information reported on another site that it's first come first serve for the last WR spot. If we can land 2 of NCM, Nixon, or Richards then I would tell McClain to hit the road. I would also wait to see how many we actually sign. We have a history of not signing our full number.

We have 7 possible spots left (after Phillips was awarded the scholarship today), but the coaches are only planning on signing 5 more, which means 2 graduate transfers. I hope they are really good if they cause us to miss on some key guys. If we swing and miss then that is understandable, but I hope we don't turn guys away on signing day that are high on our board.

If we can land 2 of NCM, Nixon, or Richards then I would tell McClain to hit the road.

AU staff is not going to do that.

Thanks for separating the dates in the OP. Helps people like me keep up with what's going on without wading through a lot of chatter.

Speaking of chatted, I liked the snippet about Davis being looked at as a LB. I could see him as a Will LB'er. Sped to run with the slot receivers but tough enough for run support.

If we can land 2 of NCM, Nixon, or Richards then I would tell McClain to hit the road.

McClain is a very good WR in his own right

I thought the narrative was that he was just a good camp warrior?

This ^^^^^

IIRC, the word WDE used to describe him was 'elite'.

If any of our coaches told a recruit to hit the road cause we landed someone else, their names and Auburn University would be mud for years and years. No future recruit would ever consider playing for Auburn.

If any of our coaches told a recruit to hit the road cause we landed someone else, their names and Auburn University would be mud for years and years. No future recruit would ever consider playing for Auburn.

A but extreme, but I agree with the general statement. It most definitely would not look good. We do a good job in being the anti Bama. We look more like Bama if we ever pulled a trick like that.

The Myers bros remind me of the Mackenzie bros of a few years ago. We went for both hoping to get the better of the two and ended up with the other who later transferred. The better of the two ended up as an All-American at Clemson. Hopefully history will not repeat itself here with the Myers bros. Would really like to land BOTH of these, but need NCM for sure.

You are so right. They would never say that at least in those words. Do you feel all our current commits are solid (except Marshall of course) or is anyone else wavering?

247 Sports has CB Brown to UGA 97% AU 3%. If so that really stinks. We need to get guys like him on the DL.

U Dah Man!!!!! Clayton. When I look outside, all I see is a sea of white snow. Just took little War Damn Corgi (Annabelle) outside to play and she was buried in a 4 foot drift that I had to get her out of. She was fine, and went right back to the spot and 5 minutes later, I had to dig her out again. She is one tough and brave little one!

We will do fine come NSD and you can take this to the bank!

Archived