Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

Can't edit my other thread title assuming because it was from 2011. So how about a new one? I see people talking music in multiple threads, but we don't have a running thread...so, let's get to it.

Been digging this song lately, I wasn't ever very familiar with Irish folk singer Glen Hansard or the Swell Season. He was on a radio show I listen to recently, and told an interesting story.

The story goes, Glen was at a party and his hero/idol Van Morrison(Irish) was also in attendance. Van the Man had the attention of the crowd, guitar in hand, asked for requests. Glen calls out for, "Hungry for Your Love"(also a personal favorite of mine). Van responds, "I don't know you!".

Dejected, Glen walks out of the room. The host of the party comes and find Glen, and tells him to come back in. Van apologizes for his demeanor. He asks Glen what he requested, Glen tells him. Van hands him the guitar and tells him to play it for him. After he plays "Hungry", the two retreated to a bedroom in the house where they played their own songs to each other until the wee morning hours..

Simply best the story I've ever heard of a fan meeting their idol.

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

Been jamming to Transatlantic on my way to and from work the last few weeks. Best prog Rock you'll ever hear:

Been in a rather nostalgic mood lately so I've been revisiting some old college favorites

Toad the Wet Sprocket...yes I admit to liking them

Edited by selias

Thanks SMB - really enjoyed the Ashes and Dust -

Makes me want to me learn the encore.... Working On a Full House (Dennis Robbins style)

This is something that popped up lately on the IPOD

. . . it's old but it's good.

• Like 1

Saw the ashes and dust tour live at the Avondale Brewery. Great show. Warren is a beast. Not sure I know of another artist that plays with more different bands than he does. It almost seems every tour he does he ends up on stage with a different band to play a song or two. He's a true musician. Can play anything with anyone.

Some other bands to look out for:

The Steepwater Band

Tyler Bryant (with Graham Whitford--son of legendary Aerosmith guitarist Brad Whitford)

Edited by FoundationEagle

Just to shore up my nerd cred, new Dream Theater:

Edited by Bigbens42

Have lots of bands I like, but some of my recent favorite albums are: The new one from WASP. Absolutely EPIC metal album. New one from Collective Soul and the latest from Alice in Chains. I was excited to hear several years ago that we would get new music from Alice in Chains but was cautious about what the sound would be like without Layne Staley. Their two albums since Layne passed have been absolute masterpieces, IMO. Looking forward to the next one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUMyOrg5RQA

not sure why the videos don't show and its only a link...

Love some female fronted bands. Evanescence, Halestorm, We are the Fallen and a new one coming VARNA.

How the political board has me feeling

"If there's a new way,

I'll be the first in line.

But, it better work this time"