Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Don't care for the song, but you're right, they're not telling any lies. And that is a very fun video to watch, and not just for the hot chicks. But mainly for the hot chicks.

Agree about song I was mainly making fun of our conservative acct. Hell of a nice guy but of course he's a big dawg fan 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Don't care for the song, but you're right, they're not telling any lies. And that is a very fun video to watch, and not just for the hot chicks. But mainly for the hot chicks.

HOT CHICKS - that might be a good direction for this thread to go.  😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Tigermike said:

HOT CHICKS - that might be a good direction for this thread to go.  😎

My desire to keep this a respectful and focused forum and my desire to look at, talk about and just generally appreciate hot chicks are constantly at odds with each other. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

My desire to keep this a respectful and focused forum and my desire to look at, talk about and just generally appreciate hot chicks are constantly at odds with each other. 

Same here but generally speaking most all of us know the rules and I don't think there are too many music videos that would clash with the board rules.   The hot chicks don't have to be XXX rated to be hot.  In fact here's an older video feathering a hot chick and is most definitely G rated.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Tigermike said:

Same here but generally speaking most all of us know the rules and I don't think there are too many music videos that would clash with the board rules.   The hot chicks don't have to be XXX rated to be hot.  In fact here's an older video feathering a hot chick and is most definitely G rated.

Oh, for sure. Very easy to appreciate the female form without breaking any rules. And I will never not appreciate it being appreciated!

• Haha 1

Homer post alert…

This is a good friend of mine’s son’s band…that’s a mouthful.

Anywho, he is making some really good music. He’s been working with a band(Moon Taxi) for a while as a …I’m not sure. This is his first foray into being out front in his own band. 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 5:01 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

Homer post alert…

Anywho, he is making some really good music. He’s been working with a band(Moon Taxi) for a while as a …I’m not sure. This is his first foray into being out front in his own band. 

Cool stuff! I am somewhat familiar with Moon Taxi. They are from my neck of the woods and have done quite well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/13/2021 at 8:01 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

Homer post alert…

I gave cbo the thanks reaction for reminding me to come back to this. Cool stuff is right. I will put it on the beach playlist. Was there a lyric about a rottweiler brushing his hair? Please say yes??

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I gave cbo the thanks reaction for reminding me to come back to this. Cool stuff is right. I will put it on the beach playlist. Was there a lyric about a rottweiler brushing his hair? Please say yes??

I’ll go with…yes.

• Thanks 1

On 8/20/2021 at 10:06 AM, Tiger Refuge said:

The new Sturgill album dropped last night and I preordered, but can’t download it on mobile. Shiiiiiiiiiiid. I’ll have to wait two weeks.

I'm the biggest Sturgill fanboy around. So far I'm lukewarm on this one. It's good, but feels kind of ... slight. Under 30 minutes, the songs aren't especially memorable, melodies and even the whole story of the album feels kind of dashed off. I'm a little disappointed, but only because I expect "great" from him. In fact, it is probably my 3rd favorite release of that day. Interested to hear what others think. It may grow on me. 

On the positive side, his voice sounds possibly better than ever, the band is amazing, and the production great. 

• Like 1

Tripped over this little gem. It’s a badass cover. 

12 hours ago, cbo said:

I'm the biggest Sturgill fanboy around. So far I'm lukewarm on this one. It's good, but feels kind of ... slight. Under 30 minutes, the songs aren't especially memorable, melodies and even the whole story of the album feels kind of dashed off. I'm a little disappointed, but only because I expect "great" from him. In fact, it is probably my 3rd favorite release of that day. Interested to hear what others think. It may grow on me. 

On the positive side, his voice sounds possibly better than ever, the band is amazing, and the production great. 

You know, I agree with this take. I ended up buying it on iTunes anyway. I have listened to it all the way through once. I need to revisit it when I have some time to focus. 

Ha! Wait, did I really say “when I have time to focus”? Ha!   Hahahahahaha! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/25/2021 at 10:47 PM, cbo said:

21 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

You know, I agree with this take. I ended up buying it on iTunes anyway. I have listened to it all the way through once. I need to revisit it when I have some time to focus. 

Ha! Wait, did I really say “when I have time to focus”? Ha!   Hahahahahaha! 

I hear you guys. I'm going to need more time with it myself. Honestly it just feels like Sturgill being a bored, ADHD, compulsive, impulsive, prolific genius. The dude gets an idea in his head and just does it. Like... half his oeuvre is monumental masterworks... and the other half is concept albums about post-apocalyptic samurai with severed heads in their bugout bags or half-Native cowboys named Dood or just regular old bluegrass. 

Anyway. I need to listen to it more. I like the music but I don't know how much I actually care about it. If that makes sense. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I hear you guys. I'm going to need more time with it myself. Honestly it just feels like Sturgill being a bored, ADHD, compulsive, impulsive, prolific genius. The dude gets an idea in his head and just does it. Like... half his oeuvre is monumental masterworks... and the other half is concept albums about post-apocalyptic samurai with severed heads in their bugout bags or half-Native cowboys named Dood or just regular old bluegrass. 

Anyway. I need to listen to it more. I like the music but I don't know how much I actually care about it. If that makes sense. 

This is exactly how I feel about it. For instance, I was reading quick takes on the album online and everyone was raving about “Sam” and how it made them cry. I didn’t feel that connection. This whole thing, I feel like I’m listening to a musical.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

This is exactly how I feel about it. For instance, I was reading quick takes on the album online and everyone was raving about “Sam” and how it made them cry. I didn’t feel that connection. This whole thing, I feel like I’m listening to a musical.

Great way of saying it. And who knows, maybe he is leaving open the possibility of a stage production. Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Hmm. That actually makes a lot of sense. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Makes sense to me. Just doesn't feel immediate or important or something. But sometimes those are the growers that end up enduring. 

Off to work on my bugout bag ... 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Sam reminded me of this song that I like more. And, yes, that I played over and over while crying when my dog died last year. 

• Love 2

I've been listening to the hall of fame channel on XM and heard Elmore today haven't listen to him in a while and then I realized I had heard this with Beck and Clapton which I think they did a great job of. I know not much for lyrics but remember the times when this song was written and it is special. Music is so great

• Like 1

Had tickets to Jason Isbell in Montgomery last night. Couldn't make the trip. Gave the tickets to my 70-something conservative parents, who had never listened to him and who haven't been to a real concert in years (decades?). They loved it. They're converts. I'm so freaking happy about it.

• Love 2

On 9/4/2021 at 10:33 AM, McLoofus said:

Had tickets to Jason Isbell in Montgomery last night. Couldn't make the trip. Gave the tickets to my 70-something conservative parents, who had never listened to him and who haven't been to a real concert in years (decades?). They loved it. They're converts. I'm so freaking happy about it.

That's awesome. Well, not for you for missing the show. But you salvaged that, huh?

Isbell has something I can't quite put my finger on that appeals to the masses. Part is obviously that he's an incredible songwriter and guitar player, and a good singer. But there are other greats in the same genre that don't have the same appeal. 

Going to see him at the Ryman soon and you know I will report back. 

• Like 1

Any Turnpike Troubadours fans here? I'm not saying he's the best, but Evan Felker is my favorite songwriter from the past 10 years. 

You can tell he's in bad shape in this video, just like every one from this tour (when they were just about to break through). There are much worse videos out there that I would never share.

I did see them on this tour and I promise they killed it. Helps when you have great songs and a s*** hot band. 

A sad situation, but I hear he's doing much better now. Here's hoping he returns when he's healthy. 

• Like 1