Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I'm out of likes. 

My 13 y/o self is standing in the mirror, frantically brushing my Fred Savage fro.

lol oh to be 13 again

• Like 1

I really can't get enough of this tune lately. First time I heard it I figured it was Alabama Shakes  Had no idea he could sing, really channeling Prince in this song. And yes, I know the music is basically "I'd Rather Be With You"-Bootsy Collins.

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 2

I do like a good bottom 

• Like 3

"I don't know, but I been told,
A big legged woman ain't got no soul."

and, of course

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

"My baby, she long
My baby, she tall
She sleep with her head in the kitchen
And her big feets out in the hall"

I suspect you will see more of Mr. Mahal here over time.

As an aside (entre nous?) - I don't know how you engineered the split of the material re: Mr. Cornell from this thread, and I'm pretty sure you didn't do it for my comfort. I do, however, feel the need to thank you for it. My paean to a (few years dead) bassist (damn' good, IMO) would have been fine under most circumstances. Scrolling down to find it posted amidst much fresher bereavement, it seemed grossly out of place (the old phrase "like a turd in the punchbowl" came immediately to mind). By the time I got up to Tloosa, my faux pas seemed all hunky-dory. Thank You.

• Like 1

Just for historical perspective, the "pre-ougachakah" version:

Aside to Mr. Thomas (assuming you listen here) – If my name were Billy Joe, I wouldn’t go by my initials. I mean my initials are B.M., but I’ve never signed my name that way.

1 hour ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

As an aside (entre nous?) - I don't know how you engineered the split of the material re: Mr. Cornell from this thread, and I'm pretty sure you didn't do it for my comfort. I do, however, feel the need to thank you for it. My paean to a (few years dead) bassist (damn' good, IMO) would have been fine under most circumstances. Scrolling down to find it posted amidst much fresher bereavement, it seemed grossly out of place (the old phrase "like a turd in the punchbowl" came immediately to mind). By the time I got up to Tloosa, my faux pas seemed all hunky-dory. Thank You.

I believe that was done by a mod, and yes, I also am grateful for it. I doubt it was because of your paean- which I would not consider a faux pas at all- though. 

I really like these guys

• Like 1

One more before the Celtics game 

National Brothers' Day

[Historical note - Stage-mike technology in the '60s was often not up to managing the coherent-overtone structure of a tight and untempered ("locked") chord (even un-amplified). It shows here.]

• Like 1

Just been playing around with my old video collections of MTV and just now figured out how imo these songs are similar.........by the way Paul Davis was an excellent golfer from Meridian, Ms. 

Well you can tell I've playing around with my old MTV videos.......dated a girl at Auburn who was the exact double of Patty...... man she was a party girl

• Like 1

Old dogs. and all, but I think both of these could be called classic fugues (excepting rigid motif), but with somewhat divergent destinations? (I did have to Google the Mazzy reference)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Old dogs. and all, but I think both of these could be called classic fugues (excepting rigid motif), but with somewhat divergent destinations? (I did have to Google the Mazzy reference)

This one was a gateway song for me, from punk/thrash/metal to classic rock. It lives in some amazing space between bouncy pop rock and crunchy power chord rock. From here you get to super bluesy The Pusher, and then you remember that Creedence kicks arse, and oh wow, The Doors could be considered an ancestor of metal, and before you know it you're singing along to Friend of the Devil and really appreciating a good mandolin. 

• Like 1

• Like 1

See ya Gregg

Edited by aubearcat
  • Like 4