Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I've said it before, but I always picture Golf looking like his avi. Donald Sutherland is 6'4. 

In my dreams to be 6'4

23 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I remember listening to this dude back in the day. Growing up, my mother was a classical pianist and organist. I listened to all kinds of stuff. How many kids can say their first album purchase was "Fun and Games" by Chuck Mangione?

Anyway, totally self indulgent post, but a bit on topic 

Excellent. love a forgotten tune. 

Before I "reshelve"this album, a personal note:

With all the intervening years under my belt, I'm still not sure why school administrators deemed my nomination for prom-theme song unworthy of inclusion on the final ballot.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

"Alexa- play Doc Watson."

Probably not the one I would have (knee-jerk) chosen but, when I dictated your message to her, her 1st choice was:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

"Alexa- play Doc Watson."

Now, if you'd asked me instead of Alexa (she gets pouty when I cuss at her, we're not currently on speaking terms). I would have offered a more iconic(?) Doctor Watson song, that also engendered an excellent cover (SIAP on the "Circular?" latter).

• Like 2

So for anyone wondering, Phish has played 11 shows of their 13 at MSG so far. There hasn't been a single repeat, and likely won't be. 

They've been doing a different donut each night, with a theme around said donut flavor. For example, tonight is Boston cream pie flavored donut--so you could expect covers of More Than A Feeling and probably something from Cream. 

I can't think of another band other than the Dead that could set up a residency for 13 nights, sell each night out, and not play a single repeat. Historic. 

Also, they played a 30 minute Lawn Boy(Raspberry Jam night--where they jammed songs they don't normally explore on), and for those not familiar with Phish, this song probably taps out normally at the 5 minute mark. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

My favorite song by the DC5 also big fan of Mike Smith

Long-haired weirdos. What's the world coming to?

On 8/2/2017 at 8:14 PM, SaltyTiger said:

Excellent. love a forgotten tune. 

I never knew this was a real person. I thought he was just a character from "King of the Hill."

If at first..

Evolution?

‘70s, actually fairly ordinary song, but intriguing in its use of rapidly developing flexibility of keyboard technologies (post Moog/Carlos). Bought the album, sprung for a concert ticket and was satisfied. They made right competent music without a string in sight.

‘80s, Chaka Khan (sorry Mr. Loofus-son, post Rufus) applied her superior voice to the song, and (‘90s) Joe Cocker applied a more versatile band. OK on the radio, but not worth me ponying up nuthin’, and neither presented here (though confirmed easy to look up).

‘00s – Ms. Osborne threw voice and accompaniment at this (formerly) ordinary song. Bought the album (though it, by this time, was on CD).

“Life, uh, finds a way” [Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park ‘93]

(and both are better on my real speakers)

• Like 2

Going to a Bammer/FSU party Friday down at Port Saint Joe.... hate both almost equally.... cheap folks. Bring your own beer and they are cooking hot dogs. Going with a song in mind

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Going to a Bammer/FSU party Friday down at Port Saint Joe.... hate both almost equally.... cheap folks. Bring your own beer and they are cooking hot dogs. Going with a song in mind

Excellent work in the time provided.