Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

I fervently pray I pull this off without offense to anyone,

and swear that any such offense is not my intent:

• Like 1

• Like 1

Gimme that old time misogyny? 

(and, just sayin', if this were to leak out I might not post again)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sincerely hope that all here had an epic weekend (though, TBH, mine was more of a pile-of-beer and a 'possum kind'a thing).

• Love 1

48 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Sincerely hope that all here had an epic weekend (though, TBH, mine was more of a pile-of-beer and a 'possum kind'a thing).

Don't think my weekend could be called epic by any measure, but I've had some that could be described as such that might not have actually been as enjoyable as this one was. Is "epically pleasant and devoid of any excitement" a thing?

Not sure if I already mentioned, but we are transitioning to Hilton Head. Wife and daughter already in a short-term leased apartment down there, I'm still in ATL 4 days a week. Far from ideal and certainly temporary, but it makes for some pretty awesome weekends. We know almost nobody down there, and being in an apartment dramatically cuts down on the obligations of home ownership, and the beach is 10 minutes away. That's a recipe for a variety of relaxing weekend that we haven't known together... ever...

After we picked the kid up from daycare Friday evening, we took her, the dog, dinner and a bottle of wine out to a beach park on the sound. Flew a kite, explored the tide pools, did the thing. After bedtime, the Mrs. and I stayed up with rum cocktails, talking and listening to music.

Saturday was a birthday party for one of McLittle's classmates. Ended up making some great connections there. People with good kids with whom we'd enjoy hanging out socially. Then went to another little park on the sound, then the pool at the apartment complex, then watched Auburn dominate with one eye open.

Sunday morning was a trip to our favorite beach that's on the Atlantic side, but well north of the most crowded beaches. Waves were up big time and there were surfers galore. Sandcastle city. The little monkey is exploring some rather unconventional construction techniques. 

The Falcons got away with one and my United won. 

Don't reckon anyone would call any of that epic, but I call it damned good. Thanks for asking. 

So, uh... 'possum?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Don't think my weekend could be called epic by any measure, but I've had some that could be described as such that might not have actually been as enjoyable as this one was. Is "epically pleasant and devoid of any excitement" a thing?

Not sure if I already mentioned, but we are transitioning to Hilton Head. Wife and daughter already in a short-term leased apartment down there, I'm still in ATL 4 days a week. Far from ideal and certainly temporary, but it makes for some pretty awesome weekends. We know almost nobody down there, and being in an apartment dramatically cuts down on the obligations of home ownership, and the beach is 10 minutes away. That's a recipe for a variety of relaxing weekend that we haven't known together... ever...

After we picked the kid up from daycare Friday evening, we took her, the dog, dinner and a bottle of wine out to a beach park on the sound. Flew a kite, explored the tide pools, did the thing. After bedtime, the Mrs. and I stayed up with rum cocktails, talking and listening to music.

Saturday was a birthday party for one of McLittle's classmates. Ended up making some great connections there. People with good kids with whom we'd enjoy hanging out socially. Then went to another little park on the sound, then the pool at the apartment complex, then watched Auburn dominate with one eye open.

Sunday morning was a trip to our favorite beach that's on the Atlantic side, but well north of the most crowded beaches. Waves were up big time and there were surfers galore. Sandcastle city. The little monkey is exploring some rather unconventional construction techniques. 

The Falcons got away with one and my United won. 

Don't reckon anyone would call any of that epic, but I call it damned good. Thanks for asking. 

So, uh... 'possum?

I would have considered that "epic enough." Have you gotten out to the ocean side at night yet? (kids seem to like the ghost crabs, if they're still there) Glad for your progress on the move (I'm obviously not quite there yet; still back and forth polishing that boat anchor of a house in Tloosa). Has the little one mastered the drip-castle technique yet (makes for unstable but beautiful onion domes)?

Was gonna save this for our (inevitable?) intro back to SECCG, but I post it here for your transitional period.

and the 'possum dance is not nearly as "evasive" as the bear dance seems to be, but the beer was still gone by morning.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

I would have considered that "epic enough." Have you gotten out to the ocean side at night yet? (kids seem to like the ghost crabs, if they're still there) Glad for your progress on the move (I'm obviously not quite there yet; still back and forth polishing that boat anchor of a house in Tloosa). Has the little one mastered the drip-castle technique yet (makes for unstable but beautiful onion domes)?

Was gonna save this for our (inevitable?) intro back to SECCG, but I post it here for your transitional period.

and the 'possum dance is not nearly as "evasive" as the bear dance seems to be, but the beer was still gone by morning.

A relevant and appreciated tune most days, and certainly again when we beat UGA for the 2nd time this season...

Have not been to the ocean side at night yet. Adding it to the list. The little one is in bed before dark most nights, but not forever. Ghost crabs... she'll love them. And we were just practicing the drip-castle technique for the first time yesterday! Evidently it's my M-i-L's specialty. 

Polishing the boat anchor... with intent to unload it? I got lucky in that department with this move. 

Asked Alexa to play Little Feat the other day upon your inspiration. She did not disappoint. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

A relevant and appreciated tune most days, and certainly again when we beat UGA for the 2nd time this season...

Have not been to the ocean side at night yet. Adding it to the list. The little one is in bed before dark most nights, but not forever. Ghost crabs... she'll love them. And we were just practicing the drip-castle technique for the first time yesterday! Evidently it's my M-i-L's specialty. 

Polishing the boat anchor... with intent to unload it? I got lucky in that department with this move. 

Asked Alexa to play Little Feat the other day upon your inspiration. She did not disappoint. 

Um, yes!

• Like 1

I'm anxious to hear the rest of the FOZZY album that's coming out.   This song ROCKS.   For those that may not know, this is Chris Jericho's band (WWE Wrestler).    This is probably my favorite song so far this year.  It's just really GOOD...

2 covers of an oldie. While I have a preference, I believe that both are worthy of posting (in chronological order here).

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

2 covers of an oldie. While I have a preference, I believe that both are worthy of posting (in chronological order here).

The Otis version is one of the best recordings in the history of music. Just wish I could have seen it live because the fadeout at the end and the resultant brevity is the only thing that keeps it from being perfect. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I can't think of a more "post hardcore" band than these dudes. 

They're butt rock, but with some actual balls. 

No earthly idea what many terms in your text meant, but

introduction and education much appreciated. Tight band.