ShocksMyBrain

Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

On 10/6/2017 at 7:18 PM, SaltyTiger said:

You may be in for a little tug of war with Nate this weekend faux.......stock up on plenty of beer and a little water

Nate's visit was a breath of fresh air. He did seem to be in a hurry though. Blew through here faster than Opal did.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Nate's visit was a breath of fresh air. He did seem to be in a hurry though. Blew through here faster than Opal did.

Feels oppressive over here on PC Beach and the Forgotten Coast today and tonight. Think Nate blew October outta here. Ready for it to come back. Glad to know you did well.

• Thanks 1

Good cover of an Otis Redding - 

• Like 2

Any Joni Mitchell fans in here? We hung out with a girl from California last weekend, and reminded me of this song. Mitchell's style is her own - I'm sure its not for everyone, but I love it. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Any Joni Mitchell fans in here? We hung out with a girl from California last weekend, and reminded me of this song. Mitchell's style is her own - I'm sure its not for everyone, but I love it. 

One of those artists who I have massive respect for and enjoy but for whatever reason just haven't gotten around to really spending some time with. But you're absolutely right, definitely only one of her. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Any Joni Mitchell fans in here? ....

Yes!

and some of her later, more orchestrated stuff showed she also played well with others.

Not the least bit SIAP:

• Like 3

About as close to sure as I can be that I've already posted her very good "Both Sides Now" and her rather quirky cover of "Twisted," so I'll quit for now with:

Old Dixieland standard covered in the "Folk-Dixie" style (and yes, that was a brief thing).

Whole album is good, but I think this cut was the only one to even get a sniff at the charts (or even any radio time).