Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

• Thanks 1

On 10/6/2017 at 7:18 PM, SaltyTiger said:

You may be in for a little tug of war with Nate this weekend faux.......stock up on plenty of beer and a little water

Nate's visit was a breath of fresh air. He did seem to be in a hurry though. Blew through here faster than Opal did.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Nate's visit was a breath of fresh air. He did seem to be in a hurry though. Blew through here faster than Opal did.

Feels oppressive over here on PC Beach and the Forgotten Coast today and tonight. Think Nate blew October outta here. Ready for it to come back. Glad to know you did well.

• Thanks 1

Any Joni Mitchell fans in here? We hung out with a girl from California last weekend, and reminded me of this song. Mitchell's style is her own - I'm sure its not for everyone, but I love it. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Any Joni Mitchell fans in here? We hung out with a girl from California last weekend, and reminded me of this song. Mitchell's style is her own - I'm sure its not for everyone, but I love it. 

One of those artists who I have massive respect for and enjoy but for whatever reason just haven't gotten around to really spending some time with. But you're absolutely right, definitely only one of her. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Any Joni Mitchell fans in here? ....

Yes!

and some of her later, more orchestrated stuff showed she also played well with others.

Not the least bit SIAP:

• Like 3

About as close to sure as I can be that I've already posted her very good "Both Sides Now" and her rather quirky cover of "Twisted," so I'll quit for now with:

Old Dixieland standard covered in the "Folk-Dixie" style (and yes, that was a brief thing).

Whole album is good, but I think this cut was the only one to even get a sniff at the charts (or even any radio time).

• Thanks 1

On 10/17/2017 at 4:04 PM, McLoofus said:

Shades of Joni Mitchell? but only shades

Decidedly not (stylistically) Ms. Mitchell, but kind'a kicky cover of one of hers, reasonably true to lyrics, introduced to me by my daughter (when she was in high school), by a band that reminds me of an old @Tiger Refuge Avi pic (did I say that right?).

Edited by AUld fAUx@
still trying to get the "attempted murder" ref right
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Decidedly not (stylistically) Ms. Mitchell, but kind'a kicky cover of one of hers, reasonably true to lyrics, introduced to me by my daughter (when she was in high school), by a band that reminds me of an old @Tiger Refuge Avi pic (did I say that right?).

Counting Crows put on a surprisingly great concert back in the day. Live, the band they were touring with at the time that I saw them, did not. 

Not a fan at all of Joel but I've always liked this song........................its about a drug dealer and yes I've seen Billy in concert it was free well before he had his first hit

• Like 2

Not as slick as Mr. Derringer's "cover" (can you call it a cover if he wrote it?) but I think this earlier version has a better overall guitar ensemble:

• Like 2