Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

14 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Here’s another Tiny Desk that threw me. 

For instance, on this one, my old-dog brain kind'a appreciated and fixated on, early on, the performer's "pianist" joke: 

Small boy explaining his naming of a litter puppies said - "Well I call her chubby, 'cause she's the chubbiest;    he's skinny, 'cause he's the skinniest; and that's Paderewski..."

As to what you've shown me of Tiny Desk series - I'm minded of the old MTV "Unplugged" series, where performers are sort'a starved of studio resources and  forced to focus on the essentials of their work (probably the most famous of these would be the Clapton remake of "Layla"). I applaud these efforts. 

Many Thanks

• Like 1

Aw, well

Sour gum leaves about to fall, grape leaves starting to yellow, and lows diving for the 50s.

Had to happen sooner or later.

ULM week reminded me of Bill Monroe.

Not amongst my records, but you may recognize some faces in the band (back when Mssrs. Flatt and Scruggs were still Blue Grass Boys)

Edited by AUld fAUx@
spelling
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

ULM week reminded me of Bill Monroe.

Not amongst my records, but you may recognize some faces in the band (back when Mssrs. Flatt and Scruggs were still Blue Grass Boys)

Now we're talking still looking for my father-in-law banjo CD's. I do love me some bluegrass

19 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Now we're talking still looking for my father-in-law banjo CD's. I do love me some bluegrass

^The above^ make-up of Bill Monroe's group was, admittedly, before my time, but I understand that they came to be known (with much nationwide Opry exposure) as "The Original Bluegrass Band." I do have, however, the below album (played so much that I can almost see light through it).

• Like 1

• Like 1

A nice little re-make 

• Thanks 1

On 11/17/2017 at 7:20 PM, augolf1716 said:

Anyone remember the movie

"Not I,"

said the duck.

Besides a long (OK) performing career, Mel Tillis was also a successful AM-radio magnate that, when possible, (self-deprecatingly?) "named" his stations after "himself." 

His Mobile station's call letters were WMML; previously, he had re-named a station in TX (by trading call-letters, at considerable difficulty, with a Coast Guard station if I remember right) to KMML.

RIP

On the other side of the weekend:

Though it may represent a lack of imagination on my part, I can't picture Mr. Manson resting in any way, in any realm of any universe.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

On the other side of the weekend:

Though it may represent a lack of imagination on my part, I can't picture Mr. Manson resting in any way, in any realm of any universe.

Charlie will be taking the 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've posted this here before but had to put it up again. Got out after the big win last night as he was playing the local bar. Good weekend for me. He plays solo or with one, two, or a whole backing band. Last night was playing with a band he never played with before. Pulled of a bunch of good covers.

• Like 1

In an entirely futile attempt to find a postable copy of the Homer and Jethro rendition (the one I grew up with), I stumbled across this one. Not as good, more true to the Ramblin' Jack Elliott traditions (in which the performer confused smoking and drinking during recording), but good enough. I'll see these guys again tomorrow night.

• Like 3