Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

13 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

The first “remember where I was” music moment was this song. I know weird but it is what it is. I was raised in a 4 room sharecroppers type house in Mountain Star, Al.  we had a outhouse. That's not a town its a 4 way stop. I thought this song was a real story and he really had to wake up his date. Had this song on a 45 and played it over and over. On Saturdays we would go over to my grandfather Papa Aycock's house and listen to the Grand Old Opry on the radio.

yep I'm old as dirt

Aaaaah memories

(or lack thereof)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

\m/

This album is an all timer. So dark. So different. 

Crazy that this song was inspired by veal. 

Just did a fraction of research on that and Rooster. Jerry Cantrell's quotes about his dad seeing him play it live..."Yeah. He's heard this song. He's only seen us play once, and I played this song for him when we were in this club opening for Iggy Pop. I'll never forget it. He was standing in the back and he heard all the words and stuff. Of course, I was never in Vietnam and he won't talk about it, but when I wrote this it felt right...like these were things he might have felt or thought. And I remember when we played it he was back by the soundboard and I could see him. He was back there with his big gray Stetson and his cowboy boots — he's a total Oklahoma man — and at the end, he took his hat off and just held it in the air. And he was crying the whole time. This song means a lot to me. A lot."

Dang.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Just did a fraction of research on that and Rooster. Jerry Cantrell's quotes about his dad seeing him play it live..."Yeah. He's heard this song. He's only seen us play once, and I played this song for him when we were in this club opening for Iggy Pop. I'll never forget it. He was standing in the back and he heard all the words and stuff. Of course, I was never in Vietnam and he won't talk about it, but when I wrote this it felt right...like these were things he might have felt or thought. And I remember when we played it he was back by the soundboard and I could see him. He was back there with his big gray Stetson and his cowboy boots — he's a total Oklahoma man — and at the end, he took his hat off and just held it in the air. And he was crying the whole time. This song means a lot to me. A lot."

Dang.

The ability to do that kind of thing makes me just as envious as the partying and chicks and stuff when it comes to musicians. Well, almost at least. 

RIP, Mr. Staley. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

On 2/27/2018 at 9:03 AM, AUld fAUx@ said:

Aaaaah memories

(or lack thereof)

And no,

I don't remember where I 1st heard this one either, but has echoed since:

10 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Dang.

Hearing or reading that has made me like the song so much more. 25 years ago these things didn't mean anything to me. I don't know what happened but now I'm moved by what the song means as much as how it sounds.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, McLoofus said:

The ability to do that kind of thing makes me just as envious as the partying and chicks and stuff when it comes to musicians. Well, almost at least. 

RIP, Mr. Staley. 

Now it does. when i was younger partying and doing the chicks i was not aware of the "song". just the sound. I guess that is why like Isbell so much now. If you saw his Grammy acceptance, he said he is just "trying to save the song".

• Like 1

One of (um, several) PPM’s musical covers of Mr. Dylan’s writing:

• Thanks 1

Seems apra poe 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I may have already posted the Social Distortion video before. If so, my apologies for the repetition. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Seems apra poe 

Thanks, a bunch, but

a favor?

Posting something so likely to worm itself in, and mentally replay over and over for hours and hours, could you pick something a bit less

cheerless?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1