Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

Blue balled for over a decade now. Pleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetrue. 

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/03/tools-new-album-is-about-to-begin-in-earnest/

The new APC was nice though. Should hold me over.

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, AUDub said:

Blue balled for over a decade now. Pleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetrue

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/03/tools-new-album-is-about-to-begin-in-earnest/

The new APC was nice though. Should hold me over.

May all your dreams come true, and 

Excellent timing (3.14).

Cornbread are square.

Π r round.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Um. I've always thought this was a BS&T song. 

:slapfh:

'tsOK. Different time.

One might wonder, however, if the parents in (over some years) the various stadia knew what (implied) lyrics their (cheerleader, majorette, flag squad) daughters were grindin' to.

Beware the Ides of March.

4 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

'tsOK. Different time.

One might wonder, however, if the parents in (over some years) the various stadia knew what (implied) lyrics their (cheerleader, majorette, flag squad) daughters were grindin' to.

Beware the Ides of March.

Christ ahmighty. So many songs out there whose lyrics sound WAY different when read on the page. Times have changed, and not entirely for the worse. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Christ ahmighty. So many songs out there whose lyrics sound WAY different when read on the page. Times have changed, and not entirely for the worse. 

concur

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Beware the Ides of Sonny Boy

Uhmmm,

cute?

rather uncomfortable rabbit hole.

• Like 2

On 3/14/2018 at 4:50 PM, AUld fAUx@ said:

May all your dreams come true, and 

Excellent timing (3.14).

Cornbread are square.

Π r round.

Huge huge huge Who fan seen them many times

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well I'm not a big Dylan fan never got the vibe of him being so great especially his so called big hits but I do like certain songs. One not many people have heard but I do like it you can actually understand the lyrics

• Like 1

A group I am a big fan is UB40 I know I know not greatest in the world but very underrated imo and give one hell of a concert. One of their lesser known songs but fun and relaxing to listen while on the beach with a few blondes/beers. Never a bad day when you have B and B and great raggae music. Oh the times

Also a little side note this band stayed together until 2008, 29 years, that is hard to believe

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

A group I am a big fan is UB40 I know I know not greatest in the world but very underrated imo and give one hell of a concert. One of their lesser known songs but fun and relaxing to listen while on the beach with a few blondes/beers. Never a bad day when you have B and B and great raggae music. Oh the times

Also a little side note this band stayed together until 2008, 29 years, that is hard to believe

Momma always told me to pay attention to a man who has acronyms for female/booze combinations.

Sometimes your day is going very well and all you need the music to do is be part of it.

• Love 1

I love big band jazz. 

• Like 2

I also really dig Drum and Bugle Corps. I used to watch the championship competition when it was televised on APT. We (AUMB) played this as a part of one of our halftime shows. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, aubearcat said:

I love big band jazz. 

My two oldest are dancers. In their ballet, tap and jazz class last year, this song was part of the arrangement at their recital. They still have the outfits, which they only wore once and cost a ton lol, but such is dance.

• Like 1

Just now, AUDub said:

My two oldest are dancers. In their ballet, tap and jazz class last year, this song was part of the arrangement at their recital. They still have the outfits, which they only wore once and cost a ton lol, but such is dance.

Indeed. After school activities are definitely expensive. Cheapest one we’ve been involved in yet is track for my daughter. It’s the cheapest but still hundreds in shoes, money to get into the meet in which she competes in two events or so, etc... but she likes it and makes her happy so it’s worth it. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Well I'm not a big Dylan fan never got the vibe of him being so great especially his so called big hits but I do like certain songs. One not many people have heard but I do like it you can actually understand the lyrics

Well I'll (most likely) be damned.

Didn't see Dylan (read: he didn't come to my neighborhood) 'til the (post-Band) Rolling Thunder tour. Univ. So. Ala. was still rather clumsy at filling the Auditorium, but they booked two concerts in the Municipal Exhibition Hall. Also, Bruce Springsteen (touted at the time as "the new Dylan") was booked in the Auditorium during the same week, and sucked some air out of ticket sales. South had to dump ~half the tickets for the afternoon show free to students.

Today, looking for a postable song from the tour, I found that someone recorded (~OK sound) the entire evening show from that day. I do not expect anyone to listen to whole damn thing, and I have not yet done so either. What I've heard so for though sure brings back some memory blanks. (displayed as a link in hopes you can peruse the rather formidable guest list)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c7f-BIf8lw

• Like 1

I love big band jazz. 

Wholeheartedly agree, but

I also really dig Drum and Bugle Corps. I used to watch the championship competition when it was televised on APT. We (AUMB) played this as a part of one of our halftime shows. 

Remind me,

What were you playing?