Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

33 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Thank you @Tiger Refuge for invoking the film from which I learned of this song. This is a repost. But not an apology.

So much great music. So much interwebs. So little brain remembrals. Thanks for jostling that one loose!

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

So much great music. So much interwebs. So little brain remembrals. Thanks for jostling that one loose!

Yet so few reactions available in a 24-hr period with which to respond. De nada, mi amigo.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2018 at 2:47 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

One of my favorite covers that TAB does

Dammit.

Outta likes.

IOU

Edited by AUld fAUx@
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I’m next door, so this counts.

These 2 guys are heavily responsible for my typical-middle-aged-white-guy love of the blues. One of my formative musical experiences was watching SRV's 'Live at the El Mocambo' video. Another was hearing King's 'Born Under a Bad Sign' for the first time. I had no idea until later what kind of relationship they had. Mind asplode.

• Love 1

On 3/28/2018 at 7:33 AM, McLoofus said:

A lot to unpack here. Not sure how I feel. But this is definitely interesting and it compels me to think about it, and that's a huge compliment, even if I end up deciding that I don't like it, lol. 

Still curious about your opinion 

Reading the last couple of pages talking about John Prine triggered my memory that I looked up a country song a couple of years ago and I thought I remember seeing his name listed as the writer of the song , and sure enough I went back and looked and John Prine co-wrote this song:

This is probably my favorite George Strait song as well:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another one of my favorite George Strait song's, from 1991:

• Thanks 1

Ok, this is my last one for tonight, George Strait from 1999:

• Thanks 1

Buddy is in my top 10 of all time. Also one I never got to see in person.................................. I do remember were I was when I heard he died. 

• Like 1