Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

On 7/12/2018 at 8:35 PM, augolf1716 said:

Not the best concert in the world I think I saw them 4 times but some good damn music especially lyric wise

Only seen'em once, but have several albums. Actually pretty good crowd/party background.

• Like 2

On 7/12/2018 at 8:35 PM, augolf1716 said:

Not the best concert in the world I think I saw them 4 times but some good damn music especially lyric wise

The Royal Scam is one of my favorite albums of all time. I’m lucky to say that I’ve seen the Dan 5 times, Fagen’s voice is amazing live. RIP Becker. 

• Like 2

All alone. Wife (bless her heart) went home to her mother*. Got a hankering to post this but, for the life of me, couldn't remember if I'd done so before. Realized I didn't give a rat's hind end. All in all, kind'a liberating.

[* No thing, just family duties. She detests being around me much less than she does with her mother, and is on her way back.]

• Love 1

On 7/15/2018 at 12:11 PM, AUld fAUx@ said:

All alone. Wife (bless her heart) went home to her mother*. Got a hankering to post this but, for the life of me, couldn't remember if I'd done so before. Realized I didn't give a rat's hind end. All in all, kind'a liberating.

[* No thing, just family duties. She detests being around me much less than she does with her mother, and is on her way back.]

Yep you posted before cause I said I use to live in Goose Creek SC which had nothing to do with their name because they were based in AZ mostly. I have this album by the way

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Yep you posted before cause I said I use to live in Goose Creek SC which had nothing to do with their name because they were based in AZ mostly. I have this album by the way

Many, many thanks for your reminder (poetic justice, of a sort) of our earlier discussion of Goose Creek geography. I remember it well, along with an older comment (McLoofus, I think?) that the band sounded like a "post-seminary Little Feat" (or something like that). What I didn't remember was which (of the many good) cuts I'd previously posted. I think this album (Words of Earnest) is, by far, the best they ever produced. Their earlier stuff showed spark, inspiration, and skills, but hadn't yet matured. Fr'instance, this one off their second album was pretty good, but took forever to develop.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Many, many thanks for your reminder (poetic justice, of a sort) of our earlier discussion of Goose Creek geography. I remember it well, along with an older comment (McLoofus, I think?) that the band sounded like a "post-seminary Little Feat" (or something like that). What I didn't remember was which (of the many good) cuts I'd previously posted. I think this album (Words of Earnest) is, by far, the best they ever produced. Their earlier stuff showed spark, inspiration, and skills, but hadn't yet matured. Fr'instance, this one off their second album was pretty good, but took forever to develop.

This (below reposted, as always hereinafter, without apology) cut from Words of Earnest, by use of more concise writing, improved arranging, and (not insignificantly) addition of a horn blower or two, was able to capture important themes from the ^above^ into a shorter, more direct, and much more fun piece.

Timely (seasonal), but also my nightly lullaby for the kids growing up. I, of course, always reversed "mama" and "daddy" in the 1st verse so the little darlings felt comfortably at home.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Timely (seasonal), but also my nightly lullaby for the kids growing up. I, of course, always reversed "mama" and "daddy" in the 1st verse so the little darlings felt comfortably at home.

Powerful voice

• Like 1

TGIStillSummer

Be careful out there (assuming, of course, you choose to go out there)

• Like 1

I love Tull can't get enough of them. So many memories seeing there concerts and at the frat house even got Shug to listen to them once. No one sounds like Tull except Tull. also try to overlook Ian really really bad teeth

• Like 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Fantastic song by a great performer. Lucky enough to see him a few times

I liked him even more after watching "Muscle Shoals"!

• Love 1

Spent a week in Cocoa Beach (yearly). Some fellow timeshare owners down there had some jamming equipment to party with. We shared some music tastes. 

• Like 2