Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

• 2 weeks later...

I know I've posted this song a few times but I found a new video of it and the dancing especially in the first 40 seconds was a necessary evil for me.......now the girl dancing at the 1:12 mark I wanted to marry if you haven't figured it out after all these years I love blondes

J'adore ! Un grand groupe des années 70 J'ai un album live le double disque vinyle Mark Farner le chanteur , j'adore ✌

Great intro/start of a song

A pair of forty fives made me open my eyes
My temperature started to rise
She was a long cool woman in a black dress
Just a five nine
Beautiful
Tall
With just one look I was a bad mess
Cause that long cool woman had it all.

Complete lyrics

Saturday night I was down town
Working for the F.B.I.
Sitting in a nest of bad men
Whiskey bottles piling high
Boot legging boozer on the west side
Full of people who are doing wrong
Just about to call up the D.A. man
When I heard this woman singing a song.
A pair of forty fives made me open my eyes
My temperature started to rise
She was a long cool woman in a black dress
Just a five nine
Beautiful
Tall
With just one look I was a bad mess
Cause that long cool woman had it all.
Saw her heading to the table
Well a tall walking big black cat
When Charlie said "I hope that you're able
Boy"
Well
I'm telling you she knows where it's at
Well suddenly we heard a siren
And every body started to run
A jumping out of doors and tables
Well I heard somebody shooting a gun.
Well

Live version

Sorry guys and gals but having a good time now I got to play a little Earle he.

Quick story since Steve moved to Nashville. Back in 1973 I went to a wedding of a girl I dated at Auburn she was from Nashville and dump me and went back to her high school sweetheart  . My best friend a running back for Auburn and I went to her wedding and we stayed at her house with her parents. Well the night before the wedding me and my best buddy went out with her and a friend.............nothing happen just had a good time in downtown Nashville. So the next day we're all at the wedding  The kicker is her Dad comes over to me after the ceremony actually we're at the receiption he says to me in front of my best friend. THANK GOD SHE DID NOT MARRY YOU hell we were never that serious just dated.

Ok flash forward I'm playing tennis which I hate with some friends in Florence Al. around 1975 next thing I hear is my name being yelled out it was Laura and her husband had tracked me down just to say hello. She had called my Mom to find out were I was.

To this day I can still hear her yelling out my name at the tennis courts...........

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

SIAP

This guy is like ice cream if ice cream is something that peers into the darkest recesses of your soul and tells you about the things that it finds there. 

• Love 1

• Like 2

On 1/10/2019 at 11:16 PM, augolf1716 said:

Sorry guys and gals but having a good time now I got to play a little Earle he.

Quick story since Steve moved to Nashville. Back in 1973 I went to a wedding of a girl I dated at Auburn she was from Nashville and dump me and went back to her high school sweetheart  . My best friend a running back for Auburn and I went to her wedding and we stayed at her house with her parents. Well the night before the wedding me and my best buddy went out with her and a friend.............nothing happen just had a good time in downtown Nashville. So the next day we're all at the wedding  The kicker is her Dad comes over to me after the ceremony actually we're at the receiption he says to me in front of my best friend. THANK GOD SHE DID NOT MARRY YOU hell we were never that serious just dated.

Ok flash forward I'm playing tennis which I hate with some friends in Florence Al. around 1975 next thing I hear is my name being yelled out it was Laura and her husband had tracked me down just to say hello. She had called my Mom to find out were I was.

To this day I can still hear her yelling out my name at the tennis courts...........

This dude hasn't aged well. On second thought he's lucky he aged at all.

Edited by alexava
  • Haha 1

Getting amped up to get to see these guys in Birmingham again tomorrow. Easily one of the top three best live performances I’ve seen along with Pantera and Prince. 

That 2:39 minute mark 🤘🏻🤘🏻

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

Getting amped up to get to see these guys in Birmingham again tomorrow. Easily one of the top three best live performances I’ve seen along with Pantera and Prince. 

That 2:39 minute mark 🤘🏻🤘🏻

OH HELL YES. Enjoy the show!

BJCC in '88. Justice tour. Absolutely savage. Incredible.

Queensryche opened. Didn't enjoy that part as much. 

• Like 2

On 1/21/2019 at 9:54 AM, McLoofus said:

OH HELL YES. Enjoy the show!

BJCC in '88. Justice tour. Absolutely savage. Incredible.

Queensryche opened. Didn't enjoy that part as much. 

I was there for the Black Album tour in ‘92. Can’t wait. 

Edited by aubearcat