Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

14 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Oh yeah good call. This one hits hard. Mrs. Barnacle and I are over here losing it on the couch.

Good this is the correct and appropriate thing for you two to be doing right now okay good you're doing everything according to the instructions keep up the good work.

• Haha 1

OFY! \m/!! My favorite metal songs!

• Like 1

I've posted this song by Andrew before but I just remember after I posted it in another thread that Andrew Gold looks just like one of my best friends from high school. No big deal but this guy who's name is Scotty turned down a scholly to play basketball at Auburn instead he went to Auburn on his own majoring in art sculpture. Weird but he was an original hippie soul who just did not want to play BB anymore. Long story short he dropped out of AU his senior year and I lost contact with him. Now he lives in South Korea selling his sculptures $$$$$ still is a hippie at heart but has a loving/kind heart. His red hair is now all grey with a full thick grey beard. We stay in contact by facebook now.

I swear he would be a dead ringer for Andrew in his earlier years

• Like 1

22 hours ago, aubearcat said:

OFY! \m/!! My favorite metal songs!

Not a fan of Anselmo's views on some things but he's one of the best metal vocalists ever, IMO. I don't listen to metal anymore because of all the unintelligible growling. I thought his style was pretty much perfect. Pantera are definitely on my Mt. Rushmore of metal, along with Metallica and Motley Crue. Don't know if I even have a fourth. DRI maybe? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Not a fan of Anselmo's views on some things but he's one of the best metal vocalists ever, IMO. I don't listen to metal anymore because of all the unintelligible growling. I thought his style was pretty much perfect. Pantera are definitely on my Mt. Rushmore of metal, along with Metallica and Motley Crue. Don't know if I even have a fourth. DRI maybe? 

Slipknot is on there somewhere for me 

• Like 1

I still listen to my metal on a fairly regular basis. I don’t know if Korn would be considered metal but their style somewhat groundbreaking at the time. 

7 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

I still listen to my metal on a fairly regular basis. I don’t know if Korn would be considered metal but their style somewhat groundbreaking at the time. 

Nu-metal. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Dude. She can't be contained. Easily one of the most exciting and interesting artists of the last 10 years. Can't wait to see where she goes next.

On 7/16/2019 at 8:47 AM, McLoofus said:

Mmmmm you left out Megadeth.......cant have a metal Rushmore with out Megadeth 😁

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Mmmmm you left out Megadeth.......cant have a metal Rushmore with out Megadeth 😁

Actually, I'm'a go all the way back and put Black Sabbath on there. Or Motorhead? OMG how could I forget about AC/DC? GUNS 'N' EFFING ROSES?!?!?!?!

I was in poor form yesterday. I just need to hit the reset button. On everything. The whole damn show. Clean start. Again. Sigh. Stay tuned for Loof 2....4.0. New slogan for the season: "No, seriously guys. I mean it this time."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Actually, I'm'a go all the way back and put Black Sabbath on there. Or Motorhead? OMG how could I forget about AC/DC? GUNS 'N' EFFING ROSES?!?!?!?!

I was in poor form yesterday. I just need to hit the reset button. On everything. The whole damn show. Clean start. Again. Sigh. Stay tuned for Loof 2....4.0. New slogan for the season: "No, seriously guys. I mean it this time."

While I was more a Dio Black Sabbath fan.......Ozzy Black Sabbath paved the way for us to enjoy Metal as we know it❤

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, kevon67 said:

While I was more a Dio Black Sabbath fan.......Ozzy Black Sabbath paved the way for us to enjoy Metal as we know it❤

Totally agree. Some folks will say Zeppelin or even Iron Butterfly or Deep Purple, but definitely Sabbath for me.

Ooh, here's one that I haven't seen on here before, but I'm sure at least some of you are familiar with. Are y'all familiar with Gov't Mule, their story with their deceased bassist, Allen Woody, and all of the work they did with other artists following his passing? Well, I consider The Deepest End to be a major major treat for any rock'n'roll fan and this is one of my favorite moments from it (ignore the hippies and trustafarians trying to groove out to \m/, lol, but check out how jacked Newsted is to be playing this song... oh wait... Newsted is always that jacked... but the move he does at "Satan, laughing, spreads his wings" is priceless) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Same. 

Bass fishing, horror movies and Dio Black Sabbath........❤❤❤❤❤😂

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Totally agree. Some folks will say Zeppelin or even Iron Butterfly or Deep Purple, but definitely Sabbath for me.

Ooh, here's one that I haven't seen on here before, but I'm sure at least some of you are familiar with. Are y'all familiar with Gov't Mule, their story with their deceased bassist, Allen Woody, and all of the work they did with other artists following his passing? Well, I consider The Deepest End to be a major major treat for any rock'n'roll fan and this is one of my favorite moments from it (ignore the hippies and trustafarians trying to groove out to \m/, lol, but check out how jacked Newsted is to be playing this song... oh wait... Newsted is always that jacked... but the move he does at "Satan, laughing, spreads his wings" is priceless) 

No problems here crediting the others with Rock/Hard Rock.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

No problems here crediting the others with Rock/Hard Rock.

90% of the time, I downgrade it from metal to rock/hard rock as soon as keyboards or synthesizers make an appearance. There are exceptions. And that doesn't mean it doesn't still kick ass.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

90% of the time, I downgrade it from metal to rock/hard rock as soon as keyboards or synthesizers make an appearance. There are exceptions. And that doesn't mean it doesn't still kick ass.

You can definitley hear Deep Purple influence in most of Judast Priest's early stuff in my opinion.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

You can definitley hear Deep Purple influence in most of Judast Priest's early stuff in my opinion.

I've never thought about that- not as familiar with Priest's catalogue as I should be- but this immediately came to mind and hot damn if you're not spot on with that. Not sure if this qualifies as early Priest, though. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I've never thought about that- not as familiar with Priest's catalogue as I should be- but this immediately came to mind and hot damn if you're not spot on with that. Not sure if this qualifies as early Priest, though. 

Listen to Hot Rockin.........then Highway Star.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1