Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

9 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Listen to Hot Rockin.........then Highway Star.

Yup. Definitely there.

That video tho :laugh:  The top youtube comment was, "This music video was definitely Rob's idea."

• Love 1

26 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I've never thought about that- not as familiar with Priest's catalogue as I should be- but this immediately came to mind and hot damn if you're not spot on with that. Not sure if this qualifies as early Priest, though. 

Good grab👍.........Wife tells me all the time I am full of useless info😂

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Yup. Definitely there.

That video tho :laugh:  The top youtube comment was, "This music video was definitely Rob's idea."

Was gonna reccomend live version 😂

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

What the hell. I bought several of their albums. I don't feel bad about spinning this one for free. 

On with the Show is my favorite all time Crue song......its perfect.

4 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

On with the Show is my favorite all time Crue song......its perfect.

Love it. Some Bowie in there. 

Home Sweet Home is my favorite. I learned how to play the piano part from Youtube, lol. 

Have you seen The Dirt yet?

• Love 1

42 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Love it. Some Bowie in there. 

Home Sweet Home is my favorite. I learned how to play the piano part from Youtube, lol. 

Have you seen The Dirt yet?

Yes.......I thought Machine Gun Kelly killed it........I didnt find the movie to be off as many claimed it was..........brought back memories of when MTV stood for music television.

Just now, kevon67 said:

Yes.......I thought Machine Gun Kelly killed it........I didnt find the movie to be off as many claimed it was..........brought back memories of when MTV stood for music television.

Agreed about MGK. And I really enjoyed the movie. Actually cried during the parts with Vince's daughter.

Fun fact: We're friends with a guy who's adapting The Heroin Diaries for Broadway. My wife used to work with him a lot. I'll be sure to report back. 

• Thanks 1

X3 on MGK. Not a spectacular actor by any means, but did a good job portraying Tommy Lee. He was also in Bird Box for a bit if anyone else wanted to see any of his recent roles.

I went into The Dirt knowing next to nothing about Motley Crue, but did enjoy it and walked away with a newfound, uh, respect for them. I still don’t want to listen to any of their music in my spare time. 

Pete Davidson felt goofy and somewhat out of place(as usual), but he and MGK are best friends so I can see why there was some influence in the casting. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

On 7/16/2019 at 8:46 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

This was shot in Athens with the factory scene across the river in Decatur at the farmers co-op.   Friend of mine is warehouse manager and his son is in the video. A few other people I know in it. Britany is a homegirl. 

Edited by alexava
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

What the hell. I bought several of their albums. I don't feel bad about spinning this one for free. 

What the Aquanet is going on in here today!

My formative music explorations years were in the late 80’s. I firmly and fiercely attached myself to Metallica because of my older brother and his jean jacket clad gang of metal heads. At one point, almost any other metal was considered unlistenable for about a year. After I realized that my hair type wouldn’t lend itself to growing a “metal mullet”, I had to soften my music tastes a bit. At that point, I reached back a bit and picked up some Zepplin, Floyd, Rush, etc. My music tastes could ignite a heated argument with almost anyone...”Rush!? You mean you like that synthesizer laced crap!?” 

I was never a huge Crüe fan. I went to their concerts, thought they were a bit much. I liked GnR, but thought they were lacking...um...something. Never could put my finger on it. 

So, Metallica it was. I was(still am) a goofy kid hanging on the record store counter(BeBop records in Jackson,MS) waiting to pick up my next tape that I was forced to listen to at home, because my 1982 GMC pickup didn’t have a tape deck in it.

• Love 2

41 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

My formative music explorations years were in the late 80’s. I firmly and fiercely attached myself to Metallica because of my older brother and his jean jacket clad gang of metal heads. At one point, almost any other metal was considered unlistenable for about a year. After I realized that my hair type wouldn’t lend itself to growing a “metal mullet”, I had to soften my music tastes a bit. At that point, I reached back a bit and picked up some Zepplin, Floyd, Rush, etc. My music tastes could ignite a heated argument with almost anyone...”Rush!? You mean you like that synthesizer laced crap!?” 

I was never a huge Crüe fan. I went to their concerts, thought they were a bit much. I liked GnR, but thought they were lacking...um...something. Never could put my finger on it. 

So, Metallica it was. I was(still am) a goofy kid hanging on the record store counter(BeBop records in Jackson,MS) waiting to pick up my next tape that I was forced to listen to at home, because my 1982 GMC pickup didn’t have a tape deck in it.

I thought GNR live was horrible...........I remember Welcome to the Jungle video premier......was impressed..............If you ever get time listen to High N Dry..........Best Def Leppard album........Was a huge fan until Pyromania........they were a true rock band before selling out..............Metallica and the Scorpions my favorite live shows ever attended........and Maiden.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Cliff was amazing.

• Love 1

Went and saw the Trey Anastasio documentary, Between Me and My Mind tonight. I found it touching, hilarious, and enlightening. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

Have not been keeping up, so if posted already please excuse. Hope you enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

If anyone is in North Alabama Thursday night this should be good. I wish I was not working nights this week. 

DA7D588B-19D3-49FD-9027-9A8FA0C54763.jpeg

• Like 2

On 7/17/2019 at 9:03 AM, McLoofus said:

Actually, I'm'a go all the way back and put Black Sabbath on there. Or Motorhead? OMG how could I forget about AC/DC? GUNS 'N' EFFING ROSES?!?!?!?!

I was in poor form yesterday. I just need to hit the reset button. On everything. The whole damn show. Clean start. Again. Sigh. Stay tuned for Loof 2....4.0. New slogan for the season: "No, seriously guys. I mean it this time."

Just watched a video announcing Dave Mustaine has throat cancer......truly sad........I would post Holy Wars video if I could😢

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

@McLoofus also happened upon a video of Hodor of GOT playing guitar with Dave Mustaine.......had no idea he could play.

Well, I imagine he can reach all the strings, lol. Very cool!

• Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 7:28 AM, McLoofus said:

Well, I imagine he can reach all the strings, lol. Very cool!

😂Pretty amazing as his index finger appears to be a fret wide. 

• Haha 1