Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

On 8/27/2019 at 4:28 PM, AUsince72 said:

Eddy could do some pickin had most of his albums just wish I could have sent him in concert. Haven't listen to this song in a while.........................

• Like 2

19 hours ago, gr82be said:

At the risk of being asked to never post here again I am going to share this. Came across it one day and thought it was pretty awesome as his contemporaries sat there in admiration of his playing. Wait for the guitar break. 

Glen was a heck of a musician never fear what you post with music............all is good one way or the other........................

• Like 1

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Eddy could do some pickin had most of his albums just wish I could have sent him in concert. Haven't listen to this song in a while.........................

It's the music I grew up with.  My Dad was huge into Rock'n'Roll and guitar heavy tunes were and are our favorites.  Dad has original prints of almost every Beatles album made, except for a couple that were stolen a long time ago.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

It's the music I grew up with.  My Dad was huge into Rock'n'Roll and guitar heavy tunes were and are our favorites.  Dad has original prints of almost every Beatles album made, except for a couple that were stolen a long time ago.

Thumbs up? Sad reaction? Love? Angry? All. 

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Thumbs up? Sad reaction? Love? Angry? All. 

The sad thing is that Dad's virtually deaf now.  Too much loud headphones in the day, I guess.

I keep trying to get him to pony up for some of those Rush Limbaugh hearing aids (Cochlear implants, I think they're called?) but it's a very expensive procedure. ☹️

6 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

The sad thing is that Dad's virtually deaf now.  Too much loud headphones in the day, I guess.

I keep trying to get him to pony up for some of those Rush Limbaugh hearing aids (Cochlear implants, I think they're called?) but it's a very expensive procedure. ☹️

Plus then he'd have to start listening to everyone talk again!

Just now, McLoofus said:

Plus then he'd have to start listening to everyone talk again!

Yeah, I do wonder how much is selective hearing LOL.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I should add that Steve Douglas is playing the sax in Rebal Rouser and this version of Peter Gunn. He did not play in all of Eddy songs but he was a hell of a sax guy. There really should be more sax play in rock music

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

There really should be more sax play in rock music

I'm here for this conversation. The Big Man immediately comes to mind. Who were some other great ones? 

"I ain't here on business, I'm only here for fun." This is perfect rock'n'roll. 

• Like 2

On 8/26/2019 at 7:03 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

Good. Lord. What a departure. I f'in love it.

Heard it for first time last week. Like you. I love it.

This could be very interesting. 

• Like 1

This song might be Adam Jones' magnum opus as a guitarist. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, alexava said:

the best new “to me “ song I’ve ran across in a while!

Another perfect song and it is perfect when either of them do it and it is even more perfecter when they do it together. 

Seeing them do a show together would be a major bucket list experience. At a minimum, I need to see John one more time. 

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Another perfect song and it is perfect when either of them do it and it is even more perfecter when they do it together. 

Seeing them do a show together would be a major bucket list experience. At a minimum, I need to see John one more time. 

I don’t know how I have never heard that before. 

Love? Hate? Still trying to decide. Just found out about these guys yesterday. I've loved the classic country revival and this feels like an essential component of that. But I don't know if I actually love the songs. 

9 minutes ago, alexava said:

I don’t know how I have never heard that before. 

Susan Tedeschi can belt the hell out of it, too. Actually a little similar to Bonnie's voice, maybe with a little more range. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, alexava said:

the best new “to me “ song I’ve ran across in a while!

Oh, brother. This is such a great version of this song. One of my favorite go-to's. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AUDub said:

This song might be Adam Jones' magnum opus as a guitarist. 

That one, Descending, Invincible, and Culling Voices have been on repeat all day at my desk.  Very pleased with the result of a 13 year wait.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Susan Tedeschi can belt the hell out of it, too. Actually a little similar to Bonnie's voice, maybe with a little more range. 

Hell, now I think I’ve heard this one before. 

• Haha 1

Saw some good music last night. Chris Stapelton concert with Brent Cobb and the Marcus King Band as opening acts. I really enjoyed the entire night. Stapelton is immensely talented, and his voice is studio quality live. Had never listened to Brent Cobb before. He's a real throwback to southern rock gone by. Highly recommend. Marcus King is just flat out one of the most talented musicians coming up right now. I've seen him a handful of times now, and he continues to impress. 

IMG_20190829_192603.jpgIMG_20190829_195934.jpgIMG_20190829_223525.jpgIMG_20190829_221940.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 9:58 AM, augolf1716 said:

There really should be more sax play in rock music

Baker Street

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Saw some good music last night. Chris Stapelton concert with Brent Cobb and the Marcus King Band as opening acts. I really enjoyed the entire night. Stapelton is immensely talented, and his voice is studio quality live. Had never listened to Brent Cobb before. He's a real throwback to southern rock gone by. Highly recommend. Marcus King is just flat out one of the most talented musicians coming up right now. I've seen him a handful of times now, and he continues to impress. 

Great pics! And crazy jealous. What was the venue?