Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

On 9/6/2019 at 11:01 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Never heard of Lizzo until the past week or so in various hashtags. 

She’s got some pipes. Step aside, Bey. She’s got showmanship too.

She's awesome. Crazy energy. 

• Like 1

One of the things about living overseas a lot, is you miss a lot of "normal" US daily life; sports especially.  Music is the other....not much country music outside the US...Spotify and the like have changed all that.  

I was the Buc-ees in Bastrop, TX, last night about 7:00 pm, on the way to College Station to see our middle guy;  got to watch his Aggie Rugby practice and deliver his mountain bike...he got clipped by a car on campus a couple of nights ago on his tri-bike and until it's repaired; he was reduced to walking a lot more.  Cut up and bruised; but otherwise ok.   

The Buc-ee's "muzak" was playing a song my wife and I'd never heard.  Come to find out; this was out in 2009 but we missed it during it's time in the sun.  Shockingly, not a country song; but a country singers ethos....we both laughed our butt's off.  Pretty obvious he was not in a good place when he wrote this...right up there with "I got a brand new girl friend" and "when it rains it pours".

• Like 3

On 8/27/2019 at 10:35 PM, gr82be said:

At the risk of being asked to never post here again I am going to share this. Came across it one day and thought it was pretty awesome as his contemporaries sat there in admiration of his playing. Wait for the guitar break. 

All props to Glen Campbell.  He was a heck of a guitarist.  Here is a contemporary guy that can play the fool out of a guitar.  This was recorded "Live at the Bluebird Cafe" in Nashville in 2000.  This is just before he released his first solo album I believe.  Keith Urban can play a guitar!!!  The song is "Shelby County Jail" (but you may recognize another song or two in there if you listen to whole thing).

• Like 2

My favorite from the pre-pop era of Elton John. Though not historically factual in regard to Geronimo this song paints quite a picture from the Native American point of view. From the same album as Levon and Tiny Dancer. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, auburn41 said:

All props to Glen Campbell.  He was a heck of a guitarist.  Here is a contemporary guy that can play the fool out of a guitar.  This was recorded "Live at the Bluebird Cafe" in Nashville in 2000.  This is just before he released his first solo album I believe.  Keith Urban can play a guitar!!!  The song is "Shelby County Jail" (but you may recognize another song or two in there if you listen to whole thing).

He's actually a pretty decent banjo player as well

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gr82be said:

My favorite from the pre-pop era of Elton John. Though not historically factual in regard to Geronimo this song paints quite a picture from the Native American point of view. From the same album as Levon and Tiny Dancer. 

Madman is an underrated album imo

• Like 2

I can never decide if Madman or 11-17-70 are his best.  Indian Sunset are my wife and daughters favorites...you should hear them belt it out on family roadtrips ... it's quite frightening....

• Like 1

❤️

• Love 1

My favorite live band. Saw them many times and they were always great. They were always a bargain too compared to other bands. Guess they were underappreciated. 

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 1

On 9/12/2019 at 10:01 PM, augolf1716 said:

I know I know I've posted many time but I do love Ronnie Hammond just such a damn shame with such a good voice to lose so young. ARS forever

Thanks for that Golf. Hadn't thought about them for a while but I loved the Southern Rock sound of those days. Doraville and I'm Not Gonna Let It Bother Me Tonight were probably my two favorites. Loved The Marshall Tucker Band too. 

• Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 10:36 AM, japantiger said:

One of the things about living overseas a lot, is you miss a lot of "normal" US daily life; sports especially.  Music is the other....not much country music outside the US...Spotify and the like have changed all that.  

I was the Buc-ees in Bastrop, TX, last night about 7:00 pm, on the way to College Station to see our middle guy;  got to watch his Aggie Rugby practice and deliver his mountain bike...he got clipped by a car on campus a couple of nights ago on his tri-bike and until it's repaired; he was reduced to walking a lot more.  Cut up and bruised; but otherwise ok.   

The Buc-ee's "muzak" was playing a song my wife and I'd never heard.  Come to find out; this was out in 2009 but we missed it during it's time in the sun.  Shockingly, not a country song; but a country singers ethos....we both laughed our butt's off.  Pretty obvious he was not in a good place when he wrote this...right up there with "I got a brand new girl friend" and "when it rains it pours".

Catchy song. Never heard that before but it reminds me of Bad Day by Daniel Poster. 

33 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

This may have been covered already, but the Ken Burns special about country music is freaking awesome.

Tyler Mahan Coe called it a sick 6-hr commercial for his podcast lol. Never can tell when that kid is joking but Cocaine & Rhinestones truly is amazing. Very very much looking forward to the Burns doc. 

• Like 1

I've played Bob's original version of Ebony Eyes here but never this version with Stevie and Mick with him. This is 4 years after he had left FleetwoodMac with Lindsey replacing him. I can promise you Stevie must be high as high can be in this video. Still a great song by Bob imo

• Like 2