Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

• 2 weeks later...

At an Angie Aparo show at a small singer/songwriter friendly spot in Bluffton. One of those rooms where you're expected to sit tf down and STFU. Kevn Kinney excuses himself as he slides past at the bar. "Um, McWifey, Kevn Kinney is here." "Oh, yeah, he's playing tonight, too." They're up there just trading songs. Oh, life.

I love Marvin my all time favorite solo singer and I never got to see him in concert and I tried like hell. I have seen so many black singers from that time Jackie Wilson, Buddy Miles, Louie Amstrong, Billy Preston, James Brown, Chuck Berry, Percy Sledge and on and on. It just kills me not get to see him. 

Oh did I happen to say the females also loved them some Marvin. This is my favorite song by him died way too young in a horrible way.

This song was the theme song for ABC golf telecast way back when with Jim McKay and Dave Marr so many memories for me watching it on Sat and Sundays and hoping to be good enough to play like the pros.

Yo, why didn't you guys tell me about this band? I'm legit sad that I'm just now learning about them. Definitely not for everybody, but, like G'n'R and Nirvana and the Truckers/Isbell, this is the band I didn't know I've been looking for. Damn. Just found out about them about 45 minutes ago and they're hitting me like a bomb. First one is a "concert" in a studio, so the sound quality is top notch. The 2nd one is at Glastonbury. Pretty much the same songs but different experiences. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yo, why didn't you guys tell me about this band? I'm legit sad that I'm just now learning about them. Definitely not for everybody, but, like G'n'R and Nirvana and the Truckers/Isbell, this is the band I didn't know I've been looking for. Damn. Just found out about them about 45 minutes ago and they're hitting me like a bomb. First one is a "concert" in a studio, so the sound quality is top notch. The 2nd one is at Glastonbury. Pretty much the same songs but different experiences. 

That was freaking intense!

10 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

That was freaking intense!

Right? At first I was like, dang, are these some protoskinhead curbstomping anarchists who are surprisingly good songwriters? Turns out they're thoughtful, progressive, feminist, anti-skinhead joymongers who are surprisingly good songwriters. 

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Right? At first I was like, dang, are these some protoskinhead curbstomping anarchists who are surprisingly good songwriters? Turns out they're thoughtful, progressive, feminist, anti-skinhead joymongers who are surprisingly good songwriters. 

I’ll have to have a sit down with this album. 

Sage advice in the title of that second song. Never fight a man with a perm.

• Haha 1