Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

43 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

RIP Neil. Dammit, what a drummer.

Part of my formative years has died. Knew they quit touring because of Alex Lifeson's arthritis. Never knew Neil was sick. This sucks. 

RIP, Neil. Thanks for the memories.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

These guys are fantastic. They are from Natchez, MS...about 2 hours away. They do a crawfish boil/music fest every year that is starting to get pretty crowded. Tyler Childers player it last year.

• Like 1

Never really been into U2 that much. I like some of their songs but this is definitely my favorite:

This song reminds me of the songs from  some of the 80's movies.... Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club, Raising Arizona and Local Hero. If you have never seen Local Hero I would highly highly recommend it.

Example

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

This song reminds me of the songs from  some of the 80's movies.... Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club, Raising Arizona and Local Hero. If you have never seen Local Hero I would highly highly recommend it.

Example

Ironic you posted these. My wife and I went to our school fundraiser last night. It was 80’s prom themed. At the risk of self incrimination, I’ll not post my picture.

• Love 1

6 hours ago, alexava said:

My God, do I love that woman. Even more after seeing her in this. Not only is she an incredible singer and incredibly gorgeous, but she was responsible for roughly 37% of my success with the fairer sex in the early '00s. I should call her The Closer. 

Also, the Foo Fighters put on one of the best concerts I've seen. Some of the most competent, straightforward, ass-kicking rock'n'roll I've seen live. Total pros. 

• Thanks 1

I haven't listened to a ton of Rush besides the same stuff that everyone has, but on my morning commute I was listening to a small, independent terrestrial radio station and they were playing some song I'd never heard before. Came in on some killer guitar solo, reminded me a bit of 'Maggot Brain'. Similar tone and all. But it's definitely not PFunk. Completely unrecognizable for me. Then the drums kick in a little more (around the 5:45 mark) and I know it's Rush. And it got me thinking, how many bands can the average rock fan identify by the *drums*? Maaaaaaaybe Led Zeppelin? I mean, hardcore music aficionados, sure. But I'm not that, at least not when it comes to Rush. Anyway, here's a tasty jam sandwich to chew on for 10 minutes. RIP Neil Peart, thanks for expanding my mind.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 1/17/2020 at 7:41 AM, McLoofus said:

My God, do I love that woman. Even more after seeing her in this. Not only is she an incredible singer and incredibly gorgeous, but she was responsible for roughly 37% of my success with the fairer sex in the early '00s. I should call her The Closer. 

Also, the Foo Fighters put on one of the best concerts I've seen. Some of the most competent, straightforward, ass-kicking rock'n'roll I've seen live. Total pros. 

Recently taken on a liking to Foo fighters. Not that I didn’t before but seeing a lot of stuff that shows Grohl’s talents. And he is probably the nicest rock and roller in rock history. 

• Like 1